'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, no Flapple is confusing. Maybe they’re just doing good cards, or they are only doing Oranguru because it will be in our holiday set and Flapple will be in our November set.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Gold Oranguru is kinda disappointing :/ We just had a Shiny of it in Hidden Fates, and I would've much rather had a Gen 8 Pokemon instead, if only for consistency

No Shiny Celebi to match the movie is just plain dumb too, BUT WHATEVER.....

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one who thinks "regular full arts" always look so much better than the rainbow and golden crap? To me it makes the cards look all the same and uninteresting (even tacky I would say).

Galar Aviad

Aspiring Trainer
I was considering buying this set thinking it's gonna be like SM3+ with the Amazing Rares, but seeing all these flop *** SRs et. al, I don't really think there's anything interesting enough for collecting purposes.
What do you think? Should I buy a box and it may be somewhat valuable in the future, or would it be a waste of money?
Holler at your boy Flavor Flav!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Am I the only one who thinks "regular full arts" always look so much better than the rainbow and golden crap? To me it makes the cards look all the same and uninteresting (even tacky I would say).

Totally agree. Cool alternate art >>>> reskins using the exact same, actually less vibrant coat of paint. Been saying this since Phantom Forces and the Silver Dialga.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
We've previously seen, and are continuing to see this have an effect on card values. 5ban SRs, even holo SSRs, can be picked up relatively inexpensively. I would expect SWSH block to re-introduce the 'alternate art' Full Arts sooner than SM did.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
Is the Amazing Rare Jirachi going to replace the Team Up Jirachi in Standard decks?
They have two completely different effects, so they will each be used in their respective decks. TEU Jirachi will be less likely to be used due to the loss of Escape Board, but it could still have use with Switch. Amazing Rare Jirachi can't just fit into any deck due to the energy requirements, and it will most likely have to be the core of the deck and not just an afterthought.

TEU Jirachi is a staple, Amazing Rare Jirachi is a tech/rogue. They both have their uses, but with many cards helpful to their TEU Jirachi rotating out, and with Amazing Rare Jirachi's attack cost being hard to utilize, I can't see them carrying many decks after the August 2020 rotation.

TLDR: Due to them being nothing alike, neither will be replaced by each other, but after the August 2020 standard rotation I can't see them in most decks.

(sorry for the rant)

Last edited:

BluishJellie

Aspiring Trainer
They have two completely different effects, so they will each be used in their respective decks. TEU Jirachi will be less likely to be used due to the loss of Escape Board, but it could still have use with Switch. Amazing Rare Jirachi can't just fit into any deck due to the energy requirements, and it will most likely have to be the core of the deck and not just an afterthought.

TLDR: Due to them being nothing alike, neither will be replaced by each other.

I was just referring to the Ability. It's not exactly like Stellar Wish but, it's close.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
I was just referring to the Ability. It's not exactly like Stellar Wish but, it's close.
I forgot about the ability to be completely honest. It's kinda like a slightly better Acro Bike. The abilities are somewhat similar, but I could see the two Jirachi working in conjunction with each other rather than replacing each other (run 4 Switch maybe).

That's just my two cents, though.

Galar Aviad

Aspiring Trainer
I've seen some box openings on YouTube.
Boy, what a ***tty set, I think I'm gonna pass on this one.
I did however see the Amazing Rares sell for high prices on eBay, but as usual, they'll go down in price quickly.