'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
In expanded you could probably tech this into one of those amazing rare Ho-Oh engine decks. I don't think this card will be a deck on its own but it could find a niche in some decks. As far as getting your opponent to 6 or more cards like N will work in expanded along with stuff like the surprise box in standard.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Lugia not being a V or Amazing Rare is very disappointing to say the least :/
His normal card already uses 3 different energy, making him amazing rare wouldn't see much special (cuz he would need the [P] energy based on the trend of the amazing rare and lugia is for other type.. But then they could actually made him [F][P][D] for the amazing rare as a warm up for Galarian Bird Trio

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
  • Lugia - although the main atk is payable, the requirement is painful as hek. Marnie let your opponent draws 4 cards. All you can do is use Mismagius, Reset Stamp to 5, then 250+ on turn 1. Too clunky to work. Its spammable, if your opponent don't take a prize every turn. I might be wrong. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Aroma Energy - like Herbal Energy, too situational to make it work. 3 Geodudes
They need 6 or more cards in hand for lugia to work

TheRealBro..

Just like someone else said that the Amazing rares are similar to Crystal and Shining cards from 2000/2001, it does seem that way with the exception that these won't be secret rares. That would've been awesome as secret chase cards. Now, throw in an Amazing Charizard and make these secret rares in the US and you'll have a company making millions and collectors pissed off lol

Pissed off? Not at all. These are some beautiful cards. Happy to chase them, instead of those ugly gx/vmax cards

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
4 energy is loadable by Welder + Twin Energy. Reset Stamp puts them at 6 cards at the early game, and Surprise Box makes them regain the advantage. However, this deck's problem is the static damage output. 250 doesn't OHKO any V-Max Mon and Shrine of Punishment is rotating out. Powerful Colorless can help but it's an attachment for the turn and even with Welder you will fall short 1 attachment.

Now, the interesting part is that Grass decks can use this alongside Rillaboom to diversify their weakness, and if Coalossal decks ever become any good, it works the same. Frosmoth can also load it but Black Kyurem does 220 damage with the only condition being having a stadium in play.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Dialga - better than Duraludon for Energy accel? I love that. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Hero's Medal - Its Island Challenge Amulet but only on VMAXs. It has the restriction that prevents KOing VMAXs... just like to Jirachi EX that leads to the amulet ban in Expanded. I love this. This negates the single prizes so that you can catch up to the game. 4 Geodudes

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Dialga’s an alternate Duraludon which is nice, and I’m loving that warriors medal is trial amulet for Vmaxs. Good stuff.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Hero medal is going to be big. But how big will depend on how much the 100 HP means. Most get put in range for a zacian KO, or eternatus KO, or a lugia KO... I don't think it will see more than 1 off in the lists. VMax survivability is the only reason they are so strong currently. However, vs 2 shot decks, like pika and Cinderace (those hitting around the 180/190 average), its a great card. And single prize attackers too... I just don't think it will be as good, especially when island challenge amulet wasn't as picked up.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
The Dialga is a very nice addition to metal decks allowing you to accelerate 2 energy for a colorless. It appears that TPCI learned from their island challenge amulet mistake and made this only for V max. Thats very nice but if you think about something like Snorlax V max still having 240 HP after this it gets kind of scary.

Nyora

A Cat
The Dialga is a very nice addition to metal decks allowing you to accelerate 2 energy for a colorless. It appears that TPCI learned from their island challenge amulet mistake and made this only for V max. Thats very nice but if you think about something like Snorlax V max still having 240 HP after this it gets kind of scary.
They kinda did, but it's not like Hero's Medal NOT having that clause would honestly do much. 100 HP VMAX? lol

And anyways, it can just come down to sequencing. If I really did wanna KO my own say Eternatus VMAX or whoever for whatever reason, I can just attach Hero's Medal then use like Switch while Spikemuth is in play and that'd bring it in range to be KO'd by Spikemuth/Hero's Medal. Something like that.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
This set looks awesome can't wait to see what some of the cards do. Seeing Xerneas as a psychic type makes me sad. Rip fairy.

Last edited:

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
One of the Supporters (Beauty?) is a draw 2 that can be used on the 1st turn for the player going 1st. Curious if we'll ever see other weak Supporters that can be used T1 going 1st.