'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Babywinds

Aspiring Trainer
Mountainous smoke isn't bad at all. I could see this being played in decks with robo substitute or mill/disruption decks.
Your opponent has to take prizes in order for this to work, so it won't function with Robo Substitute.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
No,I'm serious.
I love Kawayoo's drawings.
Ooh, alright. For some reason your post to me looked kinda like you were being sarcastic or something. My mistake, sorry about that!

I love Kawayoo myself-I don't know who my favorite artist out of all of them is though. Shizurow (did a lot of the Level X cards and the NXD/DEX EX cards, hasn't been seen since) and Ryo Ueda (Most of XY's Full Arts) are easily my favorites for 3D renders. I'm always a fan of classic Arita stuff given that I'm a sucker for classics.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Given how easily decks play from their discard, I'm not really sure what the point of that Smoke card is. Now if it went to the Lost Zone, then maybe you have something, but this seems extremely situational at this point.

MultX

Aspiring Trainer
I like Kangaskhan's attack in Expanded, where it can be copied by Mews or Marshadow GX for DCE.

Hyrum

Aspiring Trainer
Would that tool affect Jirachi Prism Star or would Jirachi's Ability override the tool's effect?

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
No, I'm serious. I love Kawayoo's drawings.
When you start with "ahh yes". It generally means your saying something sarcastically or making fun of an error. I legit thought you were pointing out a typo on the name lol. Just some friendly advice for you.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
When you start with "ahh yes". It generally means your saying something sarcastically or making fun of an error. I legit thought you were pointing out a typo on the name lol. Just some friendly advice for you.
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Would that tool affect Jirachi Prism Star or would Jirachi's Ability override the tool's effect?

Jirachi Prism Star's text:
If you took this Pokémon as a face-down Prize card during your turn and your Bench isn't full, before you put it into your hand, you may put it onto your Bench and take 1 more Prize card.

As opposed to the tool's text:
When the Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack, your opponent puts any Prize cards they pick into their discard pile instead of their hand.

I think we'd have to have an official ruling on this to be sure, but it seems likely that Jirachi's ability would win out there. The ability fires *before* you put it into your hand, and generally it's not required that you actually be able to do the thing that it happens before; it's like the steps are:

1. Pick up face down prize
2. Turn it over and look at it
3. Put it into your hand

Jirachi's ability fires at (2). Smoke Baton or whatever it's called replaces (3). The "Before you put it into your hand" is there to prevent people from, well, putting it into their hand (and thus making it possible to cheat), not telling you it depends on that ability to do so.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
This Kangaskhan is just colorless Entei (CEC). The numbers are identical. So it fits in non-[R] decks that play Twin, but it doesn't hit for weakness to one shot Zacian, etc. Ok. I didn't play the Entei from CEC, b/c the LOT one was still way more fun, but at least this Kangaskhan won't have any real competition from other Kangaskhan cards.

Last edited:

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Smoke is a cute card but nothing else. Ideally you should be denying your opponent the resources they got from a KO by using Stamp or Marnie, which makes this tool overall pointless - even Tag Teams like ADP and Pikarom would rather prevent the opponent from taking the prizes to start with rather than denying them said resources.

Maybe it can find use in mill, though I find it hard to believe mill players would use their valuable deck space on this rather than in energy denial.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Quite a decent Kangaskhan card we have here, stronger than the Team Up version of Kangaskhan, but falls short of beating the Dragon Majesty version of Kangaskhan regarding attacks. Still a decent Kangaskhan card though.

Rotom Master

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like a decent ability. I feel like its attack should be better. Maybe along with 90 damage flip a coin and if heads discard an energy of your oppenents active Pokemon.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
If you have space for this as a switcher, then you also have space for Jirachis, which are infinitely better.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Its like the old Vanilluxe but better because its an ability and with the new stadium your chances of not getting paralysis are 25% before you switch and stuff. This could be very good if someone figures out the perfect deck for it. Also rip 2011 format. Before massive basics were a thing.