'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
Arctozolt isn't the first one to have this ability, gengar from crimson invasion had it and it was meh
literally a ability reprint
actually maybe a worse one
gengar was a stage 2 but it had free rt and a better attack
it's a poor gimmick that won't see play, sad because i kinda like this pokemon
hopefully they put some respect on Arctozolt in the future

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
The Tyrantrum/Amaura "look at 7 bottom in deck and put in play" mechanic warranted some rework, but it was one of the few times where I felt I could actually play a "Fossil" deck instead of just using them as stun engines or focusing on a single one.
I wasn't a fan of the restored mechanic introduced in Gen 5 (considering the luck-based aspect), but yeah I do agree that it warranted reworking.

• Rare Fossil - Does it give up a prize? ---
I would think not as Mysterious Fossil didn't and even though Unidentified Fossil didn't have that clause, I believe it didn't either.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I wasn't a fan of the restored mechanic introduced in Gen 5 (considering the luck-based aspect), but yeah I do agree that it warranted reworking.

I would think not as Mysterious Fossil didn't and even though Unidentified Fossil didn't have that clause, I believe it didn't either.
Unidentified fossil gives up a prize. It has to specify that it doesn't give up a prize (like Lillie's Poke Doll does)

Clam

Almost decent
So im hoping that the rest of the fossils are gonna be as interesting as this one and I also hope they add some fossil support that works for both rare fossils and unidentified fossils.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Klinklang - Love this Klinklang. Spammable 200 dmg is nice, especially the fact that you have Twin Energy. Being a Stage 2 tho. 3-4

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
With a metal patch and a twin energy this actually hits pretty well. All you need is one of the pre evolutions on the bench. You can also boost the damage output via Galarian Perserker and vitality band. Not a bad card might be fun to mess around with.

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
They need to give single-prize evolution lines more stats. For example (buffs are in bold):

Klink – Metal – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[M] Call for Backup: Search your deck for a [M] Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Klang – Metal – HP130
Stage 1 – Evolves from Klink

[M] Call for Backup: Draw a card. Then, search your deck for a [M] Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[M][C][C] Spinning Attack: 110 damage.

Klinklang – Metal – HP190
Stage 2 – Evolves from Klang

[C][C] Simple Beam: 90 damage.

[M][C][C] Clockwork: 200 damage. If there are no Klink or Klang on your Bench, this attack does 100 damage instead.

Last edited:

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Nice, a new Klinklang. I'll probably try this one out. Since the new Special Darkness Energy is 99/100, I'm thinking we'll get a Special Metal Energy in this set.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
They need to give single-prize evolution lines more stats. For example (buffs are in bold):

Klink – Metal – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[M] Call for Backup: Search your deck for a [M] Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Klang – Metal – HP130
Stage 1 – Evolves from Klink

[M] Call for Backup: Draw a card. Then, search your deck for a [M] Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[M][C][C] Spinning Attack: 110 damage.

Klinklang – Metal – HP190
Stage 2 – Evolves from Klang

[C][C] Simple Beam: 90 damage.

[M][C][C] Clockwork: 200 damage. If there are no Klink or Klang on your Bench, this attack does 100 damage instead.
That's too much for not fully-evolved Pokèmons.
But the Klinkklang attack is good.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a serious question. Why isn't Stage 2s at 220 HP at this point? Thy should be as good as Vs. Also, that attack should be 250 or so. 200 is subpar for a Stage 2.

Dillonzer

Aspiring Trainer
If the HP of Klinklang was a bit higher I think this card would have a good chunk of potential. But sitting at 150HP I think hurts it too much. We need to make Stage 2s as powerful if not more than Vs.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That art on Klinklang looks like it's right out of the BW era. Not just the artist, but it feels like a 2D version of the Team Plasma one all those years ago, with the background and the blue aura around it. I like it.

dmein89

Aspiring Trainer
Other sites are posting the translation on KlingKlang says you need both Kling and Klang on the bench or this attack does nothing.