TCG Fakes Wolf Raider's Text Practice

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! Since I am new to the scene and not that confident in my skills I decided to create this practice tread for text fakes.

All these cards will be made with aproximately gen 1 pokemon tcg scaling in mind. If anyone spots somthing broken or unclear I feel gree to corect me.

Pokémon – Type – HP50
Stage 1 – Evolves from Pokémon

NO. 000 [Name] Pokémon HT: 1’11” WT: 111.1 lbs.

Ability: Name
Ability Effect

[R][C] Attack 20
Attack Effect

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]
Flavor Text

Kricketot – Grass – 40
Basic

NO.401 Cricket Pokémon HT: 1′00” WT: 4.9 lbs.

Held Item: Strange Powder
Held Item: If Kricketot is damiged by an attack from your oponemt's active pokemon, flip a coin if head's oponents active pokemon is confused now.

[G] Trip Over
Flip a coin if heads this attack dose 30 damige, If tails this atack dose 10 damige insted and place 1 damige counter on kricketot.

Weakness: Fire (+10)
Resistance: Psychic (-10)
Retreat: [C]
Its legs are short. Whenever it stumbles, its stiff antennae clack with a xylophone-like sound.

Kricketune – Grass – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Kricketot

NO. 402 Criket Pokémon HT: 3’03” WT: 56.2 lbs.

[G][C] Strange Song 20
Your oponents active pokemon is confused.

[G][G][C] Strange Cutter 40
If your oponents active pokemon is confused Strange Cutter costs [C] less.

Weakness: Fire (+20)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

It signals its emotions with its melodies. Scientists are studying these melodic patterns.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
So far, so good. My advice would be to state which format you are using for the text based custom cards. That could help you regarding Weakness and Resistance.

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
So far, so good. My advice would be to state which format you are using for the text based custom cards. That could help you regarding Weakness and Resistance.
Not 1 for 1 copy of a offical format but all cards I will make will be aproximately gen 1 HP scaling as noted in 1st post.

Its going to be more like reimagined aproximate somwhat modernized thing as I will be making supporters and held item pokemon at the weary least. (Might look in to making B pokemon as designed by @PMJ as thinking up and balancing 3 pasives to boost next evolution without breaking anyting would be neat chalinge)

Also I will be using flat -/+ instead of x2 for weakness and resistance. Whitch can still be a big deal as even most stage 2 pokemon had only 100 HP back then.

Last edited:

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
Non evolving basics are hard to balance. The original gen 1 cards are proof enought for that being more or less dominant. He is my attempt wish me luck.

Heatmor – Fire – 70
heatmor.png
Basic

NO.631 Anteater Pokémon HT: 4′07” WT: 127.9 lbs.

[R] Ant Feast 10
Place 1 Durant from your deck in lost zone. (Shuffle your deck afterwards) If you have no durant in your deck this attack dose noting.

[R] [R] [C] Full Belly 40+
This attack dose 40 plus 10 more damige for each durant in lost zone.

Weakness: Water (+20)
Resistance: Fairy (-20)
Retreat: [C][C]
A flame serves as its tongue, melting through the hard shell of Durant so that Heatmor can devour their insides.

Now full belly is a tricky one in cost as it base damige is 40 whitch means you can 2 shot most stage 1 and few on the frailer side stage 2 pokemon by gen 1 card scaling but it can double its power (albet with some heavy set up) reaching that ever premium 80.

Arcenine can do 80 with 4 energy but Heatmor needs to ramp up to that so I am thinking 3 energy is fine. And at most games its likely to do 50 or 60 before being forced to be agresive whitch is not without the precedent for 3 energy.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I love the Heatmor card, but Heatmor's Dex Number is 631 (you accidentally gave it Kricketot's Dex Number).

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
I love the Heatmor card, but Heatmor's Dex Number is 631 (you accidentally gave it Kricketot's Dex Number).
Fixed thank for the heads up about the dex number.

As for the card itself. I just decided to run with the theme of it being the predator of durant and yreating the deck like a hive in my imagination.

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
If you need any help with the wording of your attacks, let me know.
I always secound guess myself there so if you have any wording advice for my fakes feel free.

While I have played a bit of gen 5, ex era and e-card still havent fully gorked the whole terminilogy and expected structure.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Well what letter is fairy emergy? I know it cant be [F] as thats already taken.
Fairy energy is [Y] and on that note Dragon type is [N] .

English isn't your first language, is it? Be sure to use wording on real cards as a guide to help you with spelling and grammar.
Keep up the great work!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Fairy energy is [Y] and on that note Dragon type is [N] .

English isn't your first language, is it? Be sure to use wording on real cards as a guide to help you with spelling and grammar.
Keep up the great work!
If English isn't your first language, it would be cool to see you create text fakes in two languages!
Limitlesstcg (https://limitlesstcg.com/cards?q=) has a good database of European foreign language cards from as far back as Heartgold Soulsilver, and if you wanted to look up Classical era ruling, you could semi-reliably find foreign language scans for Base Set cards on Trollandtoad.
Just an idea.

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
Legendary pokemon epitome of big basics in many formats. Their tricky at the best of times to balance. I will make it even more tricky by attempting to integrate counters for alternative win condition.

Magearna – Fairy – HP80
magearna.png
Basic Pokemon

NO. 801 Artifical Pokémon HT: 3’03” WT: 1
177.5 lbs.

Ability: Heart Engine
Whenever oponent takes a prize card place a Heart Counter on Magearna.

[Y] Engine Grinder 20
You can remove any number of Heart Counter from Magearna as you wish, discard top 3 cards from your oponents deck for each counter removed.

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Resistance: Dark (-20)
It functions thanks to its artificial soul. The vivid decoration is proof that it was presented as a gift to royalty.

Mill is also tricky to balance do you think this is enought to make it viable?

Last edited: