• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

[WIP] PlasmaDurant

matthewbny

no
Hey guys, I'm matthewbny, and I'm relatively new to the forums around here. Anyways, I was talking with my friend and me and her were thinking about making a Durant deck that revolved around using both Klinklangs, Lairon and Aggron (Dragons Exalted) / Devolution Spray to make your opponent run out of cards to draw.

Also, I haven't the cards to test this out. I might hit my hobby store with some proxies, and hopefully be able to REALLY test this bad boy out.

v1.1

---------------------------------------------

The 'Mons: (10)
Durant (Noble Victories) x3
Durant (Dragons Exalted) x1
Klinklang (Plasma Storm) x2
Klang (Emerging Powers) x1
Klink (Emerging Powers) x2
Cobalion EX (Plasma Storm) x1

Trainers, Items, etc.: (39)
N x4
Professor Juniper (Black & White) x2
Rare Candy (Dark Explorers) x3
Energy Retrieval (Black & White) x2
Skyla (Boundaries Crossed) x2
Pokemon Communication (Black & White) x1
Ultra Ball (Dark Explorers) x3
Eviolite (Noble Victories) x3
Revive (Black & White) x4
Max Potion (Emerging Powers) x2
Pokemon Catcher (Emerging Powers) x3
Dowsing MCHN ACE SPEC (Plasma Storm) x1
Enhanced Hammer x2
Crushing Hammer x3
Hugh (Boundaries Crossed) x2
Ghetsis (Plasma Freeze) x2

Energy: (11)
Metal Energy x11

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think you got the wrong Durant. You meant Durant NVI, the Devour one. Anyways, back to the suggestions, 2 Stage 2 lines is way too much. I would take out one of them and keep the other (I would recommend taking out the Aggron line and the BW Klinklang, only keeping the PlasmaKlang.) 2-1-2 PlasmaKlang is thick enough (I've tested it). What's the point in Prism Energy if you don't have anything but metal types :/ Here are the suggestions:

-2 Prism Energy
-1 Bianca (Not useful in this deck)
-1 Durant NVI (See additions for explanation)
-Aggron Line (5 cards)
-1 BW Klinklang
-2 Cilan
-2 Heavy Ball (Ultra Ball will work on everything)
-2 Pokemon Communication

+1 Ultra Ball
+4 N
+3 Professor Juniper
+1 PlasmaKlang
+1 Catcher (3 is perfect)
+2 Enhanced Hammer
+3 Crushing Hammer (Both hammers are self-explanatory)
+1 Durant DRX (Very useful early-game)

Also, almost forgot, play the Emerging Powers Klink/Klang. The retreat cost will save you in many games. And don't play Cobalion EX down unless you have at least 2 Durants prized. Hope this helps.

SheNinja said:
I think you got the wrong Durant. You meant Durant NVI, the Devour one. Anyways, back to the suggestions, 2 Stage 2 lines is way too much. I would take out one of them and keep the other (I would recommend taking out the Aggron line and the BW Klinklang, only keeping the PlasmaKlang.) 2-1-2 PlasmaKlang is thick enough (I've tested it). What's the point in Prism Energy if you don't have anything but metal types :/ Here are the suggestions:

-2 Prism Energy
-1 Bianca (Not useful in this deck)
-1 Durant NVI (See additions for explanation)
-Aggron Line (5 cards)
-1 BW Klinklang
-2 Cilan
-2 Heavy Ball (Ultra Ball will work on everything)
-2 Pokemon Communication

+1 Ultra Ball
+4 N
+3 Professor Juniper
+1 PlasmaKlang
+1 Catcher (3 is perfect)
+2 Enhanced Hammer
+3 Crushing Hammer (Both hammers are self-explanatory)
+1 Durant DRX (Very useful early-game)

Also, almost forgot, play the Emerging Powers Klink/Klang. The retreat cost will save you in many games. And don't play Cobalion EX down unless you have at least 2 Durants prized. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I had no idea how useful the Durant from Dragons Exalted is until now. The thing is I put the Aggron line in there due to Aggron's Toppling Wind Ability and Lairon's Wreak Havoc attack which both discard cards from your opponent's deck. Devolution Spray also works with Aggron, but then again...it does require 2 Aggrons at minimum...

Back