Winners of PokeBeach’s January 2019 and December 2018 PTCGO Tournaments!

Thanks for picking my Drifblim for creative deck!

IMHO if you face any spread deck, Malamar w/Drifblim tech makes it pretty close to a autowin (any Koko Spread, Jet Punch, Decidueye, Alolan Ninetales, Greninja GX spread you just throw all the damage back at 'em :) Keeps your Malamars clean LOL.
(Of course you need some other attackers)

It wouldn't be good now though against the recent Lightning decks due to weakness.

Wow, reading my answers from pre-TEU surprised me, I was completely underestimating Pikazek and Zapdos and wound up adding a thin Vileplume line to deal with them, but overestimating Judge Whistle's threat, and Black Market and Erika's Hospitality's value, added none of the cards I was considering. Still on the same basic concept, now with fewer energy and Pidgeotto and Magcargo for consistency.

And I guess I should take a bow. Hope to be up here again sometime! :)

@birdboy2000 I was playing your decklist here on PTCGO last night and it was amazing! I love the stall kind of decks. So many opponents conceded because they had no way out! I'm still learning how to pilot it and how to play against certain matchups. PikaRom/Zapdos is tough, and one that surprised me was the new Charizard from Team Up - I couldn't figure out how to fight it.

Post-Team Up, would you mind sharing your updated decklist? Congrats on the big win, by the way. This is probably my favorite deck I've played in a while and I hope to see you win more

Thanks! Charizard's honestly unwinnable I think unless your opponent misplays badly, Shuckle's paradoxically your least bad wall (requires a manual attachment + poison at least makes them switch or set up another one eventually) and Articuno can one-shot, but it's just not enough. And Pikarom and Zapdos forced in the plume line, the tricky bit is not to bench the Oddish if you can't double Oddish and rare candy the next turn, at least if you have a choice. (also, Tag Bolt can still one-shot a benched Vileplume, though 1) following up tag bolt with a cold crush can sometimes just leave them without an attacker, and 2) that's what the sky pillar is for, make them bump the stadium too.) It's about 50-50 in my testing, a thicker line would make it more favorable but you've got to find room, and there's still not a lot you can do against Zebstrika or especially Jolteon.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Pidgey TEU 121
* 1 Pidgeotto TEU 123
* 3 Hoopa SLG 55
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 2 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Oddish BUS 4
* 2 Shuckle-GX LOT 195
* 1 Vileplume BUS 6
* 1 Xurkitree-GX UPR 142
* 2 Articuno-GX CES 154

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Gladion CIN 109
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Acerola BUS 142
* 2 Lusamine CIN 110
* 3 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 106
* 2 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 4 Steven’s Resolve CES 165
* 3 Enhanced Hammer PRC 162
* 1 Sky Pillar CES 144
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Rare Candy GRI 165
* 2 Plumeria BUS 145
* 2 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Lysandre Labs FLI 111
* 1 Pokémon Communication TEU 196
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103

##Energy - 8

* 4 Rainbow Energy CES 151
* 4 Water Energy 12

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

TCGPlayer told us yesterday that everything should be sent out on Monday. Fingers crossed that it happens like that!

Back