Discussion Winners of December's TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

@CESit (PTCGO: Xabalanque) and @SMP

Win 2-0, games played at 9:30 EST. Good luck in the rest of the tourney SMP!

Last edited:
I won v Brandonf6. 2-1. Games were played ~11-11:30 EST. Super close games and good luck in the rest of the tourny Brandon!

Round 3
Stefen Brink vs JungleBeatz
Stefen Brink won 2-0 between the time or 12:00pm and 12:24PM EST

Sorry to my opponent, not the best match up. Good Luck in future matches.

Brackets have been updated!

About 10 hours left until deadline, these matches need reporting:
@Empoleon_master vs @Scourge188
@saxmaster69 vs @Team Z-man
@dwii vs @(sgtfrog)
@Natalie vs @gracebond
@Jordan Peterson vs @Luis Sanchez
@saiyiuchan001 vs @BJisaPokemon
@Seth vs @Vanguardmetrics
@Frosstoise vs @MarkoPuntoP

If I'm a derp and if you've already reported, just let me know again please. I feel like there must be a mistake somewhere because this is a lot of unfinished matches. The deadline is hard; don't miss it.

Round 3: saxmaster69 vs. Team Z-man

saxmaster69 wins 2-0 (The first game was very close, and we had to go to sudden death due to a problem with prizes and bursting balloon, and in the second game the dead draw monster struck again)

Games were played from about 8:10-8:50 PM EDT.

GGs, and GL in your future tournament battles! :)

Round 3: scrouge188 vs Empoleon_master

scourge188 wins 2-0, my opponent was fun to chat with and a good guy. Games were just finished which is 8;49 central time for me. GG Empoleon_master, you will have more rounds left! Play them through!

@Celever

I'm new here,

the case is to duel vs @sgtfrog ?

I sent a Feedback for him, what more i can do ?
You should have added me to your PMs so that I can look at all of your communication. Unfortunately you asked me the question too close to deadline while I was asleep, and as you were also given an activity loss in an earlier round, I'm forced to drop you...

...just like all of the other matches which haven't been completed. Which is a lot of participants. This is really annoying guys. Dx

So, that's all of these guys:

Dropped:
@dwii vs @(sgtfrog)
@Natalie vs @gracebond
@Jordan Peterson vs @Luis Sanchez
@saiyiuchan001 vs @BJisaPokemon
@Seth vs @Vanguardmetrics
@Frosstoise vs @MarkoPuntoP

If you're still in the tournament, learn from their mistakes and don't let this happen again.

Round 4
j7g68By.png
Honestly at this point I'm just thankful for everyone who's still playing in the competition. We're at 44 participants from our original 64 now, so any more drops may make me cry. Complete your matches on time, and keep me in the loop if you're having trouble doing so. No activity wins were given this round as no one tried to claim any...

Sad face. Maybe there needs to be greater incentive for people to stay in the tournament even after losing two games? Just a thought.

Yea currently the format makes it so its a bit awkward and those with pokebeach subscriptions tend to drop after 2 losses. Maybe adding an extra round would help or giving a single pack prize to some positions behind 8th (lets say maybe 9-12) could be theoretical solutions to solve drop issues, if its being considered an issue.

Yea currently the format makes it so its a bit awkward and those with pokebeach subscriptions tend to drop after 2 losses. Maybe adding an extra round would help or giving a single pack prize to some positions behind 8th (lets say maybe 9-12) could be theoretical solutions to solve drop issues, if its being considered an issue.

How about turning the 1 Prize Wall Point prize into a participation bonus for those that stay in the tournament from beginning to end, but didn't place in the Top 8? At least 20+ people have been dropping out by the end of each tournament so far, and that's not fair to the other players, especially when whether or not they place depends mostly on players that already dropped (which is an especially likely scenario for those stuck muddling through the 1-X or 2-X section the whole time).

How about turning the 1 Prize Wall Point prize into a participation bonus for those that stay in the tournament from beginning to end, but didn't place in the Top 8? At least 20+ people have been dropping out by the end of each tournament so far, and that's not fair to the other players, especially when whether or not they place depends mostly on players that already dropped (which is an especially likely scenario for those stuck muddling through the 1-X or 2-X section the whole time).

I don't think the people that drop care about that one point. Since you can still get a point for making T32, which is still possible by having 2 losses at the time of drop.

Back