Discussion Will we be getting Delphox-GX in Forbidden Light?

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
So we're definitely getting Greninja-GX in FBL, but we are also getting a Delphox line. Do you think this will be a Delphox-GX (which I am really hoping for) or just a regular Delphox?

My reasoning is, if TPCi were putting Xerneas-GX into FBL, surely they would have announced it along with Zygarde and Yveltal. So if we only get 2 of the 3 Gen VI legendary Pokemon as GXs, we might only get 2 of the starter Pokemon as GXs.

We might get a non-gx Xerneas and a non-gx Chesnaught, kind of like how shining legends gave us an entei-gx and a non-gx raikou, but I think we might be getting Delphox-GX as well as greninja.

Why else would TPCi show us a part of the Delphox line but not the whole thing? They've shown us 2 Fennekin and a Braixen, all that's left is Delphox. (We haven't seen any of the Chesnaught line, that's why I don't think we'll be getting Chesnaught-GX)

Also, in Buring Shadows, 2 of our Pokemon GX were FA and RR reprints of the Promo Tapu Bulu GX and Lycanroc GX, and same with Ultra Prism when we got reprints of Xurkitree, Pheromosa, Celesteela and Silvally. So since we're getting FA and RR versions of Lucario GX, maybe our final GX in the set will be different arts of a Pokemon GX that doesn't already have them, like Snorlax.

That would make Zygarde, Yveltal, Greninja, Delphox, Naganadel, Ultra Necrozma, Lucario and Snorlax our 8 GXs in the set.

A LOT of this is just theories and speculation, but I'd really like to know all your thoughts on this. I just really want a Delphox-GX!

Last edited:

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
But, the same thing happened with the sinnoh starters, and we never got them as GX's. And just because we get part of the trio as a GX, doesnt mean all of it, think raikou and entai. Dont mean to rain on your parade, just offering my two cents.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Weeeell...I think Delphox will get a GX mainly because Greninja and Delphox go hand in hand with special promotions, but Chesnaught is largely ignored. So it wouldn't surprise me to see a GGrenija and Delphox GX but just a normal Chesnaught. Could you share the new Braixen link with me? I haven't seen it yet.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Possibly Yes, Possibly No. It exceeds possibly the "8 GX slot" in Forbidden Light. We still don't know if Water Palkia and Metal Dialga will be in the set proper or not.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Palka n diagla non dragon will be in mays set or maybe special box sets. I dont see them doing delphox gx