Will terrakion die in poplarity?

Will we see terrakion a lot after August?

• yes

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Random Numbers

creeper FTW!
Terrakion has been a very common card used to turn the tables against a darkrai or zekeels deck. But with Dragons Exalted coming out, will it die in popularity? People will include lots of dragon type pokemon not weakened to fighting!
What do you think?

Terrakion EX will most likely be a pretty big part of the next formats to come after rotation, so I think both Terrakion and Terrakion EX will still see quite a lot of play whether they remain in the majority of Zeels or not.

dmaster out.

Yes, It will see play. Terrakion finds a perfect home for itself in Gartaria as a counter to Darkrai/Hydreigon. It will also remain popular in Mewtwo/Terrakion EX/Terrakion variants as a backup attacker and 7th prize.

Yes, but people will have rayeels instead of Zekeels. People will run hydreigon in Darkrai, perfect to OHKO terrakion. Rayquaza doesn't have weakness to fighting.

Rayeels didn't show up at all in Japan. Zekeels did. Rayquaza's weakness to Garchomp is just too debilitating for it to be much good. and Kydreigon is a bench tech mostly, as it requires the expenditure of a massive amount of resources to attack.

Zekrom is slow and inconsistent. Rayquaza isn't. If you look in the deck garage, you can see that there is a lot of Rayeels decks yet to be made. Use raikou to snipe altaria and use zekrom to OHKO garchomp and then use rayquaza to finish them off. Garchomp has weakness to rayquaza.

593462 said:
Zekrom is slow and inconsistent.

*sarcastic tone* I know right it's not like he's the BDIF or anything.:p

ZekEels will still be Tier 1.5 at the least, it loses a lot, but not enough to be taken lightly in tournaments. RayEels may be stronger, but it's also more costly to play, simply because he's and EX and if you don't want to waste you're attach for turn to do more damage than a Zekrom would, you need three Eels. Personally, if I ran a Post-Rotation Eels deck, I'd have Zekrom and Raikou, rather than Rayquaza, because of Garchomp.

Instead of Raikou, I would run 2 zekrom and 4 catchers to OHKO altaria. Rayquaza EX is used to get rid of terrakion and Terrakion EX. Using Zekrom EX, I can OHKO garchomp. There are a lot of new counters to terrakion in Dragons Exalted.

Raikou shouldn't be played with catcher in most decks. You could catcher up a pokemon and use strong volt and you would also be discarding less energy than raikou.

593462 said:
Raikou shouldn't be played with catcher in most decks. You could catcher up a pokemon and use strong volt and you would also be discarding less energy than raikou.

In BW-On, Raikou will be played with Catcher because without Junk Arm you can only use 4 Catcher per deck. Raikou is theoretically another Catcher.

But Terrakion will only be played in decks that have Energy Acceleration, namely ZekEel. Terrakion is a suprise tech that doesn't really do well if it sits on the bench for a turn. The only reason Darkrai could run it is because of Shaymin and now that's gone I don't think we will see much Darkrai/Terrakion decks anymore. Maybe in Hydreigon Toolbox but I think that is as far as it goes.

I see Terrakion becoming very popular when Terrakion EX hits America. Energy acceleration, a Darkrai/Zekrom counter, yes please. I see it having trouble with Gartaria because of how quickly Garchomp dishes damage, but I'm sure it'll still see play.

I don't know. Did we ever get the Quad Terrakion/Quad Mewtwo list that topped US Nats? How viable will such a deck be post-rotation?

Back