Discussion Will Brigette become more valuable?

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Remember that supporter, Brigette, from BREAKThrough?

"Search your deck for 1 Basic Pokémon-EX or 3 Basic Pokémon (except for Pokémon-EX) and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."

If the format is indeed supposed to shift away from big basics due to the release of key cards like Nest Ball ("Search your deck for a Basic Pokemon") and the evolution mechanic of Pokemon GX, would this card become more widely used?
I heard that cards like Pokemon Collector and Dual Ball were used back in HGSS and DP in a similar manner as Brigette would in a format that did not utilize big basics. Would History repeat itself?

Definitely something of which to keep track; sometimes the designers successfully future proof cards, sometimes they don't. This could be the latter, so Brigette may become much stronger with Pokémon-GX in the format.

hard to say, the general shift to evolutions likely wont happen tell early March at which point there's only 5~ months before break through and thus Brigette will likely rotate which doesn't leave much time for evolution focused decks to be released/tested. a better question will be if the shift to evolutions carries over to expanded or not.

hard to say, the general shift to evolutions likely wont happen tell early March at which point there's only 5~ months before break through and thus Brigette will likely rotate which doesn't leave much time for evolution focused decks to be released/tested. a better question will be if the shift to evolutions carries over to expanded or not.

Rotation typically happens in September, so even if the shift does not occur until March, that would include all of April, May, June, July, and August. Five months, nearly half a year and World Championships (and most other major tournaments) are happening during that time. XD

Something else to note is, Bridgette can search out multiple basic GX, should they turn out to be good enough to be meta defining, as they're not EX Pokemon. I think there's a very good chance she can show up in the future.

Back