BW/BW2 Will 5th gen be forgotten?

I kinda think that this gen will be forgotten. Too many things are being repeated to even have value to remember. All in all, it seems like a copycat gen. Remembering this would be like remembering Kanto.

@Delta, you're asking a bad question. Even if someone hates Gen 5's guts, they will not forget it since they hate it. For example, everyone who hates Justin Bieber will not just forget about Justin Bieber. It's the way "hate" works.

I kinda think that this gen will be forgotten. Too many things are being repeated to even have value to remember. All in all, it seems like a copycat gen. Remembering this would be like remembering Kanto.

"Copycat gen?" Do you know what a "homage" is?

This generation has had many new things and the existence of just animated sprites will help people to remember, and it will be marked down as the first generation to have this feature.

Your logic is invalid as well- EVERYONE, I repeat, EVERYONE remembers Kanto. They constantly say it, whether they're on their nostalgia trips or demeaning other generations, it's all kantokantokantokantokanto...

HypnoticLuxray said:
If people didn't constantly bash, complain, argue, and share their opinions on the site, Pokebeach would not have much discussional value, and we would have less members. So in a way, constant complaining is good to the site.

Discussions are productive. Complaints rarely are, because often, the complaining party isn't interested in a discussion so much so as simply ranting about the subject of his complaints (and probably getting into flamewars with people annoyed by him and telling him to stop)

Delta said:
WHY do you think other generations weren't forgotten and WHY this differs from Gen V?

I don't think Gen V differs in any way tbh. It's pretty much the same to me, everything I like and dislike is still there.

runeon12 said:
Remembering this would be like remembering Kanto.

Oh ya because Kanto totally had a subway, a water pony legendary and a sexy Elite 4 Ghost trainer.

Also nobody here forgot Kanto.

I don't think Gen V differs in any way tbh. It's pretty much the same to me, everything I like and dislike is still there.

And have you based that judgment on playing it?

So it isn't really an accurate judgment, even I haven't formed an overall opinion as I have only gotten up to the first gym.

It is definitely not an accurate judgement. Which is probably why I didn't say I was dead certain that it "doesn't differ in any way"

OK, just making sure.

You said you weren't going to buy either of the games, unless a metaphorical third version is available? I remember you saying something like that...

The games don't differ in any bad ways to be honest. Sure there are only new pokemon for a large portion of the game, but it doesn't take away from the games, in fact I'd say it makes it more enjoyable to try and use nothing, but new Pokes.

You said you weren't going to buy either of the games, unless a metaphorical third version is available? I remember you saying something like that...

Yeah my plan is to hold back for the 3rd version. I'd need my sister's DS to play it anyway so it's not like I'm in any hurry to hop on the bandwagon.

To be honest, I personally think Black and White are the best pokemon games. :T And yes I have played them. I mean the final confrontation with N is about the most epic thing that has ever happen in the pokemon series.

^i hope that isnt exaggeration.... nothing has topped giovanni yet... WAIT just had an idea...what if in the third game team rocket comes back too...cause there in the anime...

@catutie *coughopinioncough*

The team rocket member from G/S/C/HG/SS in Nugget Bridge, the one who speaks weirdly and doesn't know Team Rocket ended, is in Icirrus City in Black and White.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Icirrus_City

^lol....there just hasnt been any outstanding battles latly....well maybe red. he just sits up there and you talk to him and he says....nothing and then you battle. pretty bad anus.

AHA I AM RIGHT lol.

scuba stevee said:
I mean the final confrontation with N is about the most epic thing that has ever happen in the pokemon series.

Yeah it was good. Cinematic effects and all. It's nice to see the 3d engine being put to good use (which you normally don't get in regular gamplay because despite the 3d overworld, you're still moving in 4 cardinal directions like Gen I)

My thoughts of the 5th Generation are: I don't think pokemon is aimed specifically at children anymore. There are lots of specific things to know about certain pokemon, and people get competitive with the gameplay and battling each other with knowledge of pokemon, experience, and knowing your moves and all about your pokemon. Children wouldn't be able to figure out specific things that the creators put in pokemon now, probably seeing that the old pokemon fans since 1995 (or later) are still playing.

No generation in my opinion can or will be forgotten as long as they keep the old pokemon in the games there are definatley bad pokemon, design wise and if it is ablr to take a battle but no gen as a whole will EVER be forgotten as long as there is pokemon.

and where i put ablr i mean able

i dont think it will be forgotten well not anytime soon
we are stuck with this gen for 3 or 4 years.

plus i think its one of the best gens yet. :]

Back