Wii graphics

Are wii graphics any better than the gamecube's?

• Yeah.

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No way.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Of course they're better than Gamecube. Nintendo improved the graphics considerably. The graphics improve every single generation of gaming consoles, no company would make their current console's graphics worse than their previous... it would be suicide.

They have improved a lot since Gamecube. You can see that in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy and so on. The first games released were a bit rushed and focused on the Wii gameplay, not the graphics, that's why they're so Gamecube-like right now. You'll see how much better they actually got in most of the games that are coming for Wii in 2007-2008.

Tomokazu Komiya said:
Gamecube graphics < Wii graphics < Xbox 360 graphics < PS3 graphics
Actually, the Xbox360 has a slightly better graphics card than the PS3 does. There is noticeably no difference to your eyes, but going by specs the 360 is slightly better in the graphics department but only by a margin.

Yes if you have a Hi-Definition T.V., it won't matter how crappy the graphics are on the Gamecube or the Wii.:)

dmaster out.

Dude, haven't you seen the pokemon battle revelution videos that WPM has on the site? The graphics are so much better.

I know, but i finished zelda a couple days ago, and the cutscenes afterwards were really bad visually,made me question it. Zelda wii is no better looking than gc zelda, right?

Typhlosion King said:
I know, but i finished zelda a couple days ago, and the cutscenes afterwards were really bad visually,made me question it. Zelda wii is no better looking than gc zelda, right?

Yes, Zelda TP for Wii is just a port from the Gamecube version, with Wii controls.

Typhlosion King said:
what's the best looking game coming out for the wii graphically?
I don't really know why you're so interested in having good graphics. Graphics don't make a game good, gameplay does, but decent graphics are needed and the Wii has that.

As for good looking games, none of them are out yet but are coming out during this year. So far i'd have to say Metroid Prime 3 wins in terms of graphics, but Pokemon Battle Revolution, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy have excellent graphics too.

You may as well just buy Wii Component cables and connect them to a High definition TV and you're looking at a vast improvement in the Wii's graphics already.

just curious. i was kind of disapointed that i spent 250 bucks on something that doesn't look much better that a 60 dollar game cube, so i'm glad i've got that straightened out. thanx for the info everyone:)

Typhlosion King said:
just curious. i was kind of disapointed that i spent 250 bucks on something that doesn't look much better that a 60 dollar game cube, so i'm glad i've got that straightened out. thanx for the info everyone:)

Don't you just feel something cool. You have console, not many people haves? It doesn't have good graphic, (at least not for 3rd gen consoles) but it haves nunchaki, which are really cool idea. If I would have $250, I would buy Wii weeks ago! :D

You know, whether the new Zelda game has good graphics or not is indeed questionable...

Notice how the characters move? How real they are? How original and fresh the landscapes look? Why, that's art. I'd much rather have stuff like that than extra pixels that aren't needed, thank you very much :F

bacon-boy said:
You know, whether the new Zelda game has good graphics or not is indeed questionable...

Notice how the characters move? How real they are? How original and fresh the landscapes look? Why, that's art. I'd much rather have stuff like that than extra pixels that aren't needed, thank you very much :F

I couldn't agree more. Zelda TP for Wii may have Gamecube graphics, but is one of the most beautiful games ever made. And you don't need a HDTV to see that.

Back