• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Water Pokémon Master said:
Do not revive a dead thread, unless there is reason to do so, such as a new development.
I know this is a common rule to follow in many forums, but why? Is it really better to start a new thread about the exact same topic than to revive a thread 15 days old? I mean, the same discussion get done, and more forum space is created to accomadate multiple threads. Unless there is technical mumbo-jumbo that we don't know about, i.e. reviving old threads eats up old memory of something, the rule just seems very silly. I'm don't intend to sound whiny, but the whole "no posting in a thread over 2 weeks old" rule seems illogical to me. If someone has an argument for it, please tell us and we'll listen.

Tomokazu Komiya said:
I know this is a common rule to follow in many forums, but why? Is it really better to start a new thread about the exact same topic than to revive a thread 15 days old? I mean, the same discussion get done, and more forum space is created to accomadate multiple threads.

Yeah,I agree with you.So many people are making copies of dead threads so they will be new and they won't get a warning or anything.Then those who posted in the dead thread will post there again and posts the same.

The reason is because once a thread is 2 weeks or more has no new posts in it it is dead because it can only be revived unless you have vital info other wise it is spam and you can get banned for spam and it upset the mods. It used to be 1 month but the rule was changed to 2 weeks earlier this year and I dis it a few times and then I finally learned why and some times I still feel the urge to post but I don't because it is a dead thread.:)

Tomokazu Komiya said:
I know this is a common rule to follow in many forums, but why? Is it really better to start a new thread about the exact same topic than to revive a thread 15 days old? I mean, the same discussion get done, and more forum space is created to accomadate multiple threads. Unless there is technical mumbo-jumbo that we don't know about, i.e. reviving old threads eats up old memory of something, the rule just seems very silly. I'm don't intend to sound whiny, but the whole "no posting in a thread over 2 weeks old" rule seems illogical to me. If someone has an argument for it, please tell us and we'll listen.
If you want to make a thread about the exact same topic as a dead thread then you should just read the dead thread as it would most likely have your answers. It doesn't say you're not allowed to post in them at all after 2 weeks, only if there's something new. So if you have something new to say about the topic then you're allowed to post in the dead thread.

The majority of the time where dead threads are closed is when people revive them after being dead for months. The 2 week limit is rarely a problem.

Back