BW/BW2 Why do people hate the 5th Gen so much?

Wich Gen had the best Pokemon?

• Gen 1

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 39 20.3%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 47 24.5%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Gen 5 (By Pokemon revealed so far)

Votes: 51 26.6%

• Total voters

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
RE: Why do people hate so much the 5th Gen?

Personally, I have issues with each generation. I can never really pick a favorite, because they are...different, if you may, from each other.

Plus, keep in mind, that some of the newer Pokemon very well may have been in the designing process for a WHILE, even in their conceptual stage in an earlier generation.

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!

Well,I always get used to all Gens,but sometimes feel weird because many people are against the new gen,but we can't stick with the 251 or the 151 forever,can we?Well,this is my opinion:

3rd Gen
5th Gen
4th Gen
1st Gen
2nd Gen

The 3rd Gen had mostly good Pokemon in my opinion.This Gen (The 5th) has some great features,great Pokemon,(Except Gear) and the Dreamworld that haves me dreaming of it. XD
The 4th...Well,most 4th designs weren't that bad,but the only design I think was bad is Probopass
The 1st Gen...well,I really can't describe the originality,(Pokeball,lol) but overall,the designs were...erm,good
The 2nd,well,I didn't really like too much of the Pokemon,especially Unown and Slugma.

EDIT:I think they have kept these designs (The 5th Gen ones) for a long time,but wanted to use them this time.In FR/LG there is a girl telling something about a Pink Pokemon with flower designs,that is obviously Munna.So I think the designs were older,but wanted to add them now.

llavaa

You've Got The Love (:

I think it's only a matter of how people expierenced them. My first actual pokemon game was Gen 4, so Generation 4 is high on my list. I have yet to actually play through Emerald several times and really get a feel for it, so I think that Gen 3 would be low on my list. That's just how I happen to view it.

1. Gen 4
2. Gen 5 (from what we've seen/it may just be all the hype)
2. Gen 1 (I always used to play Generation 1 on my cousins gameboy :'))
2. Gen 2
3. Gen 3

I can't honestly say I have a favourite generation, because I'm one of those people who like pretty much all the pokemon, from different generations. As much as you can put the Generations in order, 5, 1 and 2 are tied for me, I don't really have a preferance between any.

I just find that we need some new Pokemon lately, and with the new ones coming in the 5th generation, I think that's pretty cool, and so far, I like all the designs. :)

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

I'm just gonna ask the same question of this thread but in other way:

Why do people hate so much the 4th Gen?:(

Zalman

Player

Metalizard said:

Well, we don't. We just think it's not among the best. So far there's only been one hater in this thread, which is surprisingly low considering how the Pokémon community is.

frostwind

I'm baaaacccckkkk

what the giy before me said. 4th gen wasnt great like the others just ok imo. i love the simple deisgns of 1st and 2nd and that 3rd gen was my fav because its a little more detailed but not over the top like 4th. 5th gen is gonna be sweet with simple and detailed together like black and white

Shining Dragon

Aspiring Trainer

Ya some of the pokemon look really different from the prev generation of pokemon especially munna it has flipin flowers on it hardly any detail along with some other pokemon but then you have the legendaries who have alot of detail but why not the other pokemon that is what i dislike but everything thing else i like im definitly gettin black and white{W}:D:D:D:D:D

Extreme Pokemon Fan said:
Ya some of the pokemon look really different from the prev generation of pokemon especially munna it has flipin flowers on it hardly any detail along with some other pokemon but then you have the legendaries who have alot of detail but why not the other pokemon that is what i dislike but everything thing else i like im definitly gettin black and white{W}:D:D:D:D:D

but I still like the new pokemon its just they need detail thinking they would since its the fith gen{W}

SinnohTrainer17

Metalizard said:

Because about a third of the monsters from that generation looked like they were thought up by a 6 year old, plus the abundance of Pokemon that got evolutions/pre-evolutions. It was ridiculous.

Ontopic: I don't believe that the fifth generation is getting nearly as much hate as the fourth generation, imo. It's looking pretty good so far.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

Zalman said:
Well, we don't. We just think it's not among the best. So far there's only been one hater in this thread, which is surprisingly low considering how the Pokémon community is.

IMO, it's the best gen and I'm not talking about game features, I'm talking about the pokémon desings.

I just don't understand how can people say that gen V is better than gen 4, when there's so many ugly and clone-like pokémon in gen V IMO...
For me, gen V is just ok for now and I'm getting more used to the new pokémon but only a few of them are as good as gen 4's pokémon to me... I mean, I liked all gen 4 pokémon when they came out, the only one I didn't like was Shaymin and now I'm more used to it...

Yesterday, I was talking with a friend of mine that used to like Pokémon in the childhood but now doesn't like it anymore and he said it was because he didn't like the new Pokémon from gen 3-on... I showed him the covers of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum tryin' to show him the coolness of the Dragon Trio and he started complaining that Dialga & Palkia were too much unreal and complicated with that iron plates on Dialga and the pearl on Palkia and them I showed him covers of HG/SS and told him Lugia and Ho-oh were as unreal as Dialga & Palkia so why did he like Lugia/Ho-oh but not the Dragon trio? He just didn't answer anything that could be considered as a good argument...

I'm just saying, I prefer 4th gen desings & concepts over most gen 5 ones that were releaved until now... and I just don't agree when people say Dialga has one of the worst desings ever when the all-time favorite Mewtwo is ugly as hell... again, IMO...

EDIT: @SinnohTrainer17: you gotta be freakin' drunk for saying somethin' like that...

frostwind

I'm baaaacccckkkk

i guess if you line metal dinos with weird heads and tons of weaknesses...
every other legend was better even the shrub/flying ugly reindeer. i love how reshiram and zekrom are different. one is perfect for everyone.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

frostwind said:
i guess if you line metal dinos with weird heads and tons of weaknesses...
every other legend was better even the shrub/flying ugly reindeer. i love how reshiram and zekrom are different. one is perfect for everyone.

lol, it only has 2 weaknesses... and you're talking about weird heads when Reshiram and Zekrom have a torch and generator in their tails and Reshiram looks like a mix between a dragon, a bird and a wolf... and you're talking about Dialga's weird head! lol... But just because I'm saying this, that doesn't mean I don't like them... I just think that what you said about Dialga is a stupid argument...

SinnohTrainer17 said:

I mean, you said most look like they were thought up by 6 year olds... and Munna is what? It surely looks like it was designed by a very adult person... yeah right... and this is just 1 example... there are others...

SinnohTrainer17

Metalizard said:
lol, it only has 2 weaknesses...

SinnohTrainer17 said:

I mean, you said most look like they were thought up by 6 year olds... and Munna is what? It surely looks like it was designed by a very adult person... yeah right... and this is just 1 example... there are others...

When I said they were thought up by six year olds, I didn't particularly mean the designs were bad. I just meant that they almost looked...unoriginal. I really despised Pokemon like Kricketot, Burmy, Shellos, Driftloon, Glameow, Skuntank, Bronzor, Spiritomb, ect.

However, while I'll admit that they had some of the worst Pokemon, they had some of the best, such as Lucario.

But enough of this 4th generation talk, this isn't even allowed here xP

I'm really liking the 5th generation a lot as of now. They have a few bad monsters, those can be overlooked. Not only are some great Pokemon are in this generation, like Zoroark, Reshiram, Zekrom, Doryuuzu, but the gameplay and story looks amazing so far.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

SinnohTrainer17 said:
When I said they were thought up by six year olds, I didn't particularly mean the designs were bad. I just meant that they almost looked...unoriginal. I really despised Pokemon like Kricketot, Burmy, Shellos, Driftloon, Glameow, Skuntank, Bronzor, Spiritomb, ect.

However, while I'll admit that they had some of the worst Pokemon, they had some of the best, such as Lucario.

But enough of this 4th generation talk, this isn't even allowed here xP

See, I don't understand what you all mean with "unoriginal"... They had never made a kricket Pokémon, Burmy's evo line and forms are unique, Shellos has asthetic changes just like Shikijika, Bronzor's origin is really cool (check Bulbapedia's On The Origin of Species column), Spiritomb look weird but precisly because it is so weird, I like it and I never thought I would see such a Pokémon; a skunk (those that have that stink odor) also was never made as a Pokémon,... I don't see how these pokémon are unoriginal...

and then, there is gen V in which they're using concepts that were already used for previous Pokémon. More specifically, I like Zorua & Zoroak but the kitsune myth was already supposed to be interpreted by Ninetales... and Munna's dream eater tapir concept is a major ripoff of Drowzee... and its design is freakin' ugly (munna's)... to me, that's unoriginality...

Shadelon

The Lord of Darkness

For me it's like this.

1. Gen 5
2. Gen 4
3. Gen 2
4. Gen 1
5. Gen 3

I so despised gen 3, it was absolutely horrible. I hated Hoenn over all other regions. I loved Sinnoh. And Kanto just pisses me off, seen it way too many times. Johto is ok. But to me Gen 4 was just awesome, and gen 5 is looking to surpass it.

I am NOT in any way looking forward to a Ruby/Sapphire remake. >.> I don't think anything can make that terrible region any better. The location design sucked beyond compare. I mean you had to surf just about everywhere! UGH!

And the pokemon designs weren't much better. Flygon is absolutely ugly to me. Salamence is....ok. The only pokemon I really liked from gen 3 were the legends, Kyogre mostly, and Sharpedo. I LOVE the gen 4 legends above all other gens, especially Darkrai and Giratina.

Reshiram and Zekrom are even better than Dialga and Palkia! I love the new designs. Gen 5 is looking way more mature. I like the new direction they're moving in.

If there is a Ruby/Sapphire remake, I likely will not buy it at all unless they can offer me something to at least somewhat relieve the pain of going through that HORRID region again. Black and White are instant buys for me though.

That's my 2 cents. Take it or leave it, I don't really care.

Hellion

Passion!

@Shadelon: Well, there certainly were a lot of legends for you to dote on in Gen 4. :S

That was real annoying, and I hope I never have to suffer through that many legends again. [/exaggeration]

achernar

class O spectrum

Gen III has the best pokemon for me. and I had only 2 cross-gen evos which made it good

I also like Gen V so far, but I need to see first the entire new pokemon

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

I don't hate the 5th generation. There are still things that haven't been revealed yet. Some people may hate it because of the new Pokemon. But it takes a while to actually get used to the new Pokemon. I currently like the 5th generation so far. The other generations were good as well. It will take time for people to get used to the 5th generation things. I really liked the previous gens Pokemon. Especially the first generation Pokemon.

achernar

class O spectrum

Metalizard said:

because 30 cross-gen evos among 107 just seem ridiculous 0.o

anyway here's my ranking on the pokemon introduced:

1. Gen III
2. Gen V
3. Gen I
4. Gen IV (too many worthless pre-evos and evos)
5. Gen II (so many useless single staged pokemon)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

Heres the ranking:

1. Gen I
2. Gen II
3. Gen V
4. Gen IV
5. Gen III

Might change though.