Why are the links on the main Page for the Forums not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Not sure if this is the right place so mods please move if it is not. Thanks. Anyway When I click on the link below the news story it says the page could not be found. The only way I can access the forums now is to click the link on the left sidebar on the top left. Thanks XD. Hope someone can help. Thanks XD.:)

The specified thread does not exist.

That's the message I keep getting when I try to get to the last page of a thread sometimes, It's rather annoying, if it's a large thread I have to manually go to the last page :(.

xxashxx said:
Not sure if this is the right place so mods please move if it is not. Thanks. Anyway When I click on the link below the news story it says the page could not be found. The only way I can access the forums now is to click the link on the left sidebar on the top left. Thanks XD. Hope someone can help. Thanks XD.:)

Yeah, the link isn't properly edited with an actual link to the correct thread. If you look at the URL, you can see that it doesn't actually link to a specific thread, it just ends in "tid=" with no number given to link to the right thread. The main forum link works perfectly fine, though, and you can visit the News stories yourself in the top forum.

TheTPCProductionz said:
The specified thread does not exist.

That's the message I keep getting when I try to get to the last page of a thread sometimes, It's rather annoying, if it's a large thread I have to manually go to the last page :(.

Yeah, this is a known bug due to posts in threads that are visible to mods but invisible to other users.

If you don't want to manually click through to get to the right page, you can simply edit the URL to take you to the page you want. The URL for multi-page threads has a "page=#" at the end of the URL, where # is the number page you are on. For example, if you get a thread does not exist error for page 87 of a thread, try editing the url in the address bar to 86. Hopefully, this should help.

This should've been asked in the Simple Questions or Glitches thread. The thread link not working is a known issue. Its been that way for a long time. The page doesn't exist glitch also is known, but there is no way for me to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back