General Who is Your Favorite Music Artist?

ManikMark

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing how I have two tattoos of them, I feel like Blink-182 is my favorite band. But I do love Seaway, Man Overboard, Walk the Moon, The Killers, and Mumford & Sons. Been listening to a lot of Shakira too..
i'm interested in these tattoos you mentioned

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Tyler Joseph gives me a migraine when I'm listening to him over the car radio and I'm stressed out. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
When your riding in your car listening to tyler joseph over your car radio, stressed out and with a migraine, make sure to stay in your lane boy or a passing cop may have a bit of doubt as to your sanity :3

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 5
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
(my goodness it's been ages since I've posted on here)

I'm not sure I can pin down one particular artist, so here are my top 3.
I've never made any real secret of the fact I'm a pretty big fan of Lady Gaga, I've seen her live once before (I'm seeing her on her tour this year as well). She's probably one of my bigger inspirations and idols out of everyone I know. (I've even got a tattoo of her, if that's any indication of how much I'm a fan of her)

I've been listening to Blondie for pretty much all my life and I'm a huge fan of theirs (their new album Pollinator is one of my top favourite albums released so far this year). They're one of the few artists I could listen to for a long time and not get tired of at all.

I really like Marina & The Diamonds, her lyricism and overall sound is just something that really resonates with me and whilst I only really picked up on her in 2013/14 she quickly became a favourite, then her 2015 album Froot cemented her place as one of my all time favourites.

A few honourable mentions go to Tove Lo, Lana Del Rey and Beyonce. I've also been listening to Shura's album a lot since it came out last July, and even though I've only very recently started listening to her, I think Tinashe is very underrated.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
Lately Ive been bouncing between Manus Mortis and King 810. Some Chelsea Grin in there as well.

I typically listen to mostly metal but I will listen to Flosstradamus or Hopsin depending on my mood.

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Wow! Thanks for all of the posts guys! ;)
upload_2017-5-20_12-56-52.jpeg
I have been listening to Savant's music a lot recently. If you like synths, check him out!

Kirby

Gott ist tot
Wow! Only western music! lol

I wasn't supposed to feel that much of a weeb... oh, well...

My favorite artist has to be Yoko Kanno, and if you have ever listened to any of her soundtracks I'm sure you'd be able to see why!

I also like Gorillaz, if that's more recognizable around here lol

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Wow! Only western music! lol

I wasn't supposed to feel that much of a weeb... oh, well...

My favorite artist has to be Yoko Kanno, and if you have ever listened to any of her soundtracks I'm sure you'd be able to see why!

I also like Gorillaz, if that's more recognizable around here lol
Since you brought it up, I'll add some of my favourite non-Western music, too.

MAXIMUM the HORMONE is my favourite Japanese band. Nu-metal with hardcore punk influences. ♥ I'm also rather fond of BUMP OF CHICKEN, Flow, and DOLL$BOX.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
My favorite band is They Might Be Giants. My second favorite band is Modest Mouse. I've listened to songs from both of them at a very young age, from TMBG's album Flood and the Modest Mouse albums Good News for People Who Love Bad News and We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. I rediscovered them as a teen and now enjoy even more of their songs. I can probably name two hundred or so TMBG songs, and I love listening to a great chunk of those.

solarbeam

Aspiring Trainer
It always has been, and will always be Bob Marley. In my opinion, he's one of the greatest musicians of all time, and it's because of the Reggae influence he's left on the world. The reason why people all over the globe know about Reggae music (and create their own) can be accredited to Bob Marley.

The way he performed live, the amount of heart and soul he poured into each and every performance, it's almost as if he were playing his songs for the public for the very first time (or the last time). One could also say that it seemed as if he was a fan of his own music. Even when he was ill, and the cancer was spreading throughout his body, it never hindered his performances.

My favorite albums are Exodus and Rastaman Vibration, and my favorite track is Exodus.

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Death Grips and Metallica
cYL0mp4K.jpg

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Linkin Park for me because In the End was one of the first songs I heard growing up in the US. Also paying some respects to Chester.

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
I actually like a lot of artists/groups within the EDM genres, just because I kind of grew up with them! (started with Eurodance/-trance groups, like 2 Unlimited, 2 Brothers on the 4th Floor and Captain Hollywood Project in the 90s)

But one that has been a big favourite of mine for several years is Gigi d'Agostino. :)
Nowadays I listen a lot to hard dance and chillout trance.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I don't know if I have a favorite but recently all I've been listening to is Franz Ferdinand. Alex Kapranos has an amazing voice. And really everything else about him is amazing. I absolutely love that band and nearly every single song they've made I love and know all the lyrics to(is that healthy?). They're just really great, and they've honestly got a lot for everyone.

I also really like David Bowie, Elvis Costello, ELO, and probably a lot of other artists/bands etc I can't think of.