• Mew Prime

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Mew EX

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justintam0731

Mini Tam, a guy that lives in NJ
Who is better? Mew Prime or Mew EX. They both copy attacks with their Ability and Poke-Power. Who do you think is better?

Mew-EX – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Versatile
This Pokemon can use the attacks of all Pokemon in play as its own. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[P] Replace: Choose as many Energy cards attached to your Pokemon as you like, then reattach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Pros:
Can copy attacks
Have more HP
Can retreat for none with Skyarrow Bridge
Can use Super Rod on it
Can attack first turn
It could Donk

Cons:
They get 2 Prize Cards if KO
Have to be in play, not Lost World or Discard
Get a easy KO with Zekrom or Mewtwo
Could whiff on Pokemon needed
Could whiff Energys needed
Could get its Ability away by Garbodor

Mew Prime– Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: Lost Link
This Pokemon can use any printed attack on the Pokemon in either player’s Lost Zone. (If it doesn’t have the necessary Energy attached to it for an attack, it can’t use it.)

[P] See Off: Place 1 Pokemon card from your deck in the Lost Zone. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

Pros:
Can Retreat for free without Skyarrow Bridge
Can attack second turn
It could Donk second turn if only one Basic
Can copy attacks
It stays in Lost Zone the whole time
Can use Super Rod on it

Cons:
Low HP
Get a easy KO with Zekrom or Mewtwo
Could whiff on first turn See Off
Easy to get Donked

I don't know who is better, Mew Prime or Mew EX, so choose on the poll that I post up above or Reply here.

Really depends on the type of deck, but, I concur with Infinity, I do think Mew Prime is better.

Klinklang EX: Mew EX. VVV: Mew Prime.

If it's basic attackers, Mew EX is way better. if it's stage 2 attackers, Mew Prime is better. You can't really compare the two since they both serve different purposes. Honestly, I think head to head, Mew EX would win, simply because, if you have a Pokemon that can do 30 damage on turn 1, donk! T2 if you have a stage two out and energy, Donk! Mew EX's higher health and quick attacking makes it better.

Doesn't make such a huge difference since they didn't get to be in the same format :p
If you play unlimited it really depends on the type of deck, like stated above.
I think Mew Prime saw a lot more play than Mew-EX will get, simply because it is two very easy prize cards for your opponent to take.

^Right-o. Mew Prime is definitely the better one, but this is not to say that Mew EX is horrible. I think he'll be a little surprise tech in Hydreigon decks or something with Blend in it. Or maybe...in a revived 6 Corners? :eek:

EDIT: This is in terms of copying attacks. Mew Prime is better at that, seeing you don't need to rely on your opponent's Pokemon. Just wanted to make that clear.

Mew Prime. Faster and more consistent, because you don't need to set up the pokemon you want to copy off of. Mew Prime doesn't give 2 prizes which when spamming Accelgors or other attacks is huge, and Mew EX will, most likely get OHKOd, giving up 2 prizes, while doing the same thing Mew Prime was doing, but worse. Mew Prime's attack benefitted its PokeBody as well, and even though Mew EX is a Celebration WInd attack, it doesn't help you set up at all.

I think Mew prime because taking one turn to LZ a Pokemon is easier than having to set up a stage 1 or stage 2.

Why would you use Mew EX over your stage 2 that probably has more HP and gives one prize? Please explain me
And lol you are the first person that get the stage two T2 in every game. Seems that someone is a bit fan of Mew EX :/

Mew Prime is better. It doesn't give two prizes, is more versatile (see what I did there?), and is able to use the attacks of Stage 2s quickly.

Their purpose is MUCH different.

Mew Prime is used to be a basic pokemon that can utilize the attacks of powerful Stage 2 Pokemon. They're easier to swarm when basic, and isn't as detrimental if they're KO'd (Also the free retreat, but meh)

Mew EX is to be a Psychic type of whatever you're running, not a standalone attacker. This is important if only for decks that have issues with a supercharged Mewtwo. Empoleon, for example, has NO answer for a Mewtwo with 6-7 energy, but with mew EX, an OHKO Mewtwo before it becomes a threat by using Empoleon's attacks...but hitting for weakness.

Point: Uncomparable.

Apples to Oranges. Just like Doexysmatter said.

I personally prefer Mew EX, because it's a tech. You drop just 1 or 2 of it into something like Empoleon, and now you've got a Pokémon that can OHKO Mewtwo EX out of nowhere. Mew Prime is a deck rather than a tech. You have to base your entire deck off of a 60 HP attacker, which takes lots of skill, effort, and persistance.

Which one is better? It's impossible to tell. One serves as a tech, and one serves as a main attacker for a deck. My personal prefrence is the EX, but that's because it requires less effort. I'm not the smartest guy in the entire world. I know of plenty of other people who's personal prefrence is Mew Prime.

Mew EX is able to come out of no where and surprise an opponent, and can use cards on either side of the field. Also, it actually can take a hit from pretty much anything (other than Mewtwo) without going down. That's why I like it better than Mew Prime.

Mew Prime had its uses, especially with using multiple Stage 2s at once. It's the only reason the Mew/Vanilluxe/Unfezant deck worked. But I like Mew EX better, especially in this format with the Blend Energies and low cost attackers (Garchomp, Empoleon, etc)

^Exactly, it's a great Mewtwo Counter, it can't be donked by Mewtwo unless they have three energy, and that's not easy to get three energy on turn one without Celebi Prime, and if you drop a DCE and a Plus Power, you can KO their Mewtwo EX with a Mew EX (What its this, Pokemon, the first movie?) Also, Mew EX can use Stage One and Basic attacks, so any Stage one or Basic that has lower that 120 HP, you can use Mew EX. Mew EX is the more Versitile card, because you can also use your Opponent's attacks, if they drop somthing you want to use, use some Prism or Blend (respectivly), or even move the energy with Klinklang or Hydregion, even Eels can help Mew EX, so if they Have Zekrom EX on bench, and you don't Charge Mew EX up with the Eels, use Strong Volt, and when the two energy get discarded, find another attack to use, like Bolt Strike or Disaster Volt. Yes the weakness to Mewtwo EX and Sigilyph is horrible, but it can also help in Quad-Entei vs. Empoleon, Empoleon vs. Eels, Eels vs. Terrakion, Terrakion vs, Shaymin EX, and Shaymin EX vs. Quad-Entei.:D

I think that Mew Prime was better. It allowed you to use attacks from the Lost Zone which made it so you could keep your bench open for more important cards. Yes, it had 60 less HP, but 120 is still easy to KO, so you'd just be giving up a prize card. Though Mew Prime can't attack on the first turn, it can set up it's attack for a single energy. Mew EX would have to take the time to set up the pokemon and hope it wasn't catcher KOed.

Personally, I've found through testing that Mew Prime is better than Mew EX. Mew Prime allowed you to See Off your deck's main attacker and if you are running Gengar Prime, then that is going to prove more effective especially with Hurl Into Darkness. With the only downside to it is that it has to be a main attacker, hindering your ability to run other Pokemon as the main attacker. But in terms of being a tech option, Mew EX clearly outclasses it.

Back