• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

White Kyurem (Cold Flare), Reshiram BW, Entei EX, Emboar BW

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
I think this could be a strong build when Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt come out in November. This would obviously be B&W on considering the rotation in a few months. I know this is still 6 months off because of White Kyurem, but what do you guys think?

3-2-3 Emboar BW
2x White Kyurem EX (Cold Flare set)
2x Reshiram BW
2x Entei EX

3x Super Rod
4x Energy Search
4x Energy Retreival
3x Pokémon Communication
3x Rare Candy
4x N
4x Cheren
3x Pokémon Catcher
2x Switch

4x {C}{C}
2x {W}
10x {R}

The idea is nice, but, I mean, what does 150 do that 120 doesn't already? I'd rather focus on Reshiram than on White Kyurem. For the deck, I think you should add some Bianca and Random Receiver. That would make it a bit more consistent.
PS: I like the Entei EX idea in here. It could work nice.

Roronoa Zoro said:
The idea is nice, but, I mean, what does 150 do that 120 doesn't already? I'd rather focus on Reshiram than on White Kyurem. For the deck, I think you should add some Bianca and Random Receiver. That would make it a bit more consistent.
PS: I like the Entei EX idea in here. It could work nice.

About 30 more damage? ;)

150 knocks out any Stage 2 in one hit (130, 140, and 150 hit point Pokémon aren't OHKO'd by 120 obviously). As for doing 120 vs 150 to an EX, it obviously makes no difference but I like having the damage on the field. I dunno. It's just my opinion but I thought having a cool-looking basic swing for 150 (without Mewtwo shenanigans) was pretty sweet. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that the basic Reshiram is hard to beat in terms of its effectiveness. Maybe when White Kyurem comes out he'll be tossed into decks like this to change things up and add some variety but I guess you're right that Reshiram can just as easily fill the same role.

And thanks, I thought Emboar + Reshiram + Entei EX had some cool synergy. I don't think Entei EX is that bad actually. :)

Oh yeah, stage 2 are actually going to be good next format (probably), so the 150 is nice. The only problem is that Kyurem is weak to Dragon and, I mean, Dragon will be played A LOT. That's the only problem I see.

Back