Help White Edge damage on Cards

Pokeman17

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I am a newbie to pokemon cards. I have bought quite a few packs and have become quite familiar with pokemon TCG, but I still cant figure out something. It seems that on all of my cards (most of them) there are white marks or chips on the card around the edges or along the sides of the card on the back. Is that normal? It seems that sometimes when I open a booster pack there are white marks on the cards even right out of the pack. Also, on this forum I have seen people refer to Walmart as Wal-fart, why is that? Thanks.

It depends on where you buy your cards. If you know that they're not fake, then the white markings are ok if they don't get in the way of any of the card's wording.

The answer to number two is because
  • Walmart sells cards for too much
  • Walmart doesn't pay its employees much
  • They can

Also, on this forum I have seen people refer to Walmart as Wal-fart, why is that? Thanks.

@Water Pokémon Master has referred to it as Wal-Fart for about as long as I've been around. It's either a fun play on words or a vindictive jab that might be well deserved. There might be a story behind it though involving a petulant, flatulent adult shopping for Pokemon products by the trading card section in the mid 2000's.

Back