Pokemon Which Pokémon Should Gain New Formes?

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
Are there any Pokémon from past generations that you would like to gain a new form? Personally, I would like a Snowy Cloak Burmy and Wormadam. This would give us our first Bug/Ice type. Are there any you can think of?

RE: Are there any Pokémon that you want to gain a new form?

Dunsparce :) he's one of my favorites, and I think he could fit in with fairy type, too, with those tiny little wings :D

PokemonFreak44 said:
NO, Pokémon are not transformers. Ugh.

True. However, Pokémon can have alternate forms without 'transforming', as you put it. Shellos has two forms that are not interchangeable. Just because a Pokémon has multiple forms doesn't mean it's transforming. But, I understand what your saying. While some form(e)s are cool, they have definitely gone a bit overboard, especially with the legends. Six out of thirteen legendary Pokémon had alternate form(e)s in Gen V. I personally liked them all, but they are rather unnecessary. I'm not against form(e)s, but I'd rather have completely new Pokémon. For instance, I would have rather the new Mewtwo Forme be a new Pokémon (Mewthree), but I've come to terms with that.

I don't mind it when Pokémon like Burmy or Shellos have different forms, but when GF decide to give random Pokémon like Shaymin and Mewtow forms, it just gets old fast.

AdamLambert said:
Are there any Pokémon from past generations that you would like to gain a new form?

No Oo Why should I?
But I have to say, I really like the formes of the Kami trio and Mewtwo =D

Is there really a point to responding at all just to say "why should I?" Because it can be fun, duh. Lots of people might like some new forms for certain things.

It wouldn't happen and it would break up the relationship it has with Muk and Weezing, but I'd still love nothing more than alternate Garbodor forms, like Burmy and Wormadam. A poison/grass made of leaves and mulch, poison/water made of oil and fish bones, poison/steel made of rusty scrap, etc.

I'd like to see more Rotom formes, which feels slightly more likely to happen someday. Again, I'd love a poison one, like a vacuum cleaner or a toilet. A psychic type television or computer would also be fun.

I wish we had gotten more Gastrodon forms for every new region; there was actually data and a back sprite for a third, I seem to recall, back in Emerald, that was never used.

Bogleech said:
Is there really a point to responding at all just to say "why should I?" Because it can be fun, duh. Lots of people might like some new forms for certain things.

It wouldn't happen and it would break up the relationship it has with Muk and Weezing, but I'd still love nothing more than alternate Garbodor forms, like Burmy and Wormadam. A poison/grass made of leaves and mulch, poison/water made of oil and fish bones, poison/steel made of rusty scrap, etc.

I'd like to see more Rotom formes, which feels slightly more likely to happen someday. Again, I'd love a poison one, like a vacuum cleaner or a toilet. A psychic type television or computer would also be fun.

I wish we had gotten more Gastrodon forms for every new region; there was actually data and a back sprite for a third, I seem to recall, back in Emerald, that was never used.

Gastrodon was supposed to make its appearance in the third generation, but looking at the sprites found in the games' code you can see it has the same colour as Gastrodon West, it probably was just a beta sprite for the original Gastrodon. I wonder what they will do if Gastrodon ever makes in appearance in a new region again, though I am afraid they will probably just reuse the West and East forms.

Burmy and Wormadam deserve a snow cloak and foam cloak (water)
I'd like to see Golurk get a new form similar to Darmanitan's Zen mode. I mean, it's said that the thing on it's chest keeps the energy from blasting out of it, so why not add an ability that makes it's attack stats and speed stat rise by 2, defense stats down by 2, and accuracy down by 3? I mean, imagine it flying around like crazy, barely able to control itself.

I would find more "Darmanitans" interesting.

Ninetales - Medium Forme (Fire/Ghost)
Electrode - Overcharge forme (Electric/Fire)

Sandstorm Castform

More Rotom formes!
Ground and Steel ones should be doable.

I want Dialga and Palkia to have interdimensional formes like Giratina S:

Y U WANT MORE FORMS? :c

I really don't want to see a lot of them. That doesn't
mean I don't like forms, it's just that I found Pokemon
with forms special, because there weren't a lot of them,
but now almost everything gets a form. -_-

I want to see forms, just not too much. I'd be happier with
evolutions for some Pokemon and that's it. :) I understand
legendaries having a lot of forms too, but yet again don't
like that too much. :p I mean almost every legendary is
having some kind of form now. D:

ElementFreak said:
Y U WANT MORE FORMS? :c

I really don't want to see a lot of them. That doesn't
mean I don't like forms, it's just that I found Pokemon
with forms special, because there weren't a lot of them,
but now almost everything gets a form. -_-

I want to see forms, just not too much. I'd be happier with
evolutions for some Pokemon and that's it. :) I understand
legendaries having a lot of forms too, but yet again don't
like that too much. :p I mean almost every legendary is
having some kind of form now. D:

everything, really? want me to write down the numbers?

Nineteen. Thats including Burmy and Shellos.
19 out of 649.

Porygon-Z should get 2 new forms. X (Horizontal), and Y (Vertical)
give it some kind of special compass item while holding the 3DS sideways or with the back in the air, and you get Porygon-X or Porygon-Z
(like Giratina's and Kyurem's little shape changing things put together)

Castform seriously needs a form for every weather.

Bogleech said:

Of course there is a point. First, and over all, this board is made to share opinions. So, why shouldn't I share my opinion on every thread I want to?
And then, I asked a question. You answered with another question... And "it can be fun" isn't a satisfying answer for me, either. I just want to know why some want that. A few posts here already elaborate on that topic, that's why I'm reading this thread. But I want more of them, so my question still stands.
Duh.

shitzon said:
Bogleech said:

Of course there is a point. First, and over all, this board is made to share opinions. So, why shouldn't I share my opinion on every thread I want to?
And then, I asked a question. You answered with another question... And "it can be fun" isn't a satisfying answer for me, either. I just want to know why some want that. A few posts here already elaborate on that topic, that's why I'm reading this thread. But I want more of them, so my question still stands.
Duh.

Well, to answer your question of why some people do in fact want new forms, I personally want a Snowy Cloak for Burmy and Wormadam because I feel their family is incomplete as of now. The reason we don't have one as of now is because no games as of now have wild Pokémon in snow, thus there is no reason for one. I am hoping wild Pokémon will be able to be found in snow in X and Y. If that happens, there will be a reason for a Bug/Ice form.

I also think Castform should have a Rock or Ground type form for the sandstorm weather condition and a Flying type form for the fog weather condition. I feel that certain Pokémon deserve new forms because it completes them.

I think that Shellos should get a new form, as it's supposed to look different depending on the region, but so far it only has two forms.

Blob55 said:
I think that Shellos should get a new form, as it's supposed to look different depending on the region, but so far it only has two forms.

I can see them having the same base design as East/West Shellos, but with different coloration
eg. a new one could be yellow, and its counterpart be red.

Golduck because he needs more recognition. :)

Back