PTCGO Which packs for selling cards?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi everyone,

If I have a couple of cards in PTCGO that I want to sell for packs, which pack is better to ask for? I always try to trade them for packs of the last expansion with a stable prize (for example, I would trade for Celestial Storm packs because Lost Thunder is still unstable). Am I doing well? I'm asking because I see a lot of people asking for Guardians Rising packs in the public trades. Should I try to exchange my cards for GRIs instead?

GRI and LOT are worth about the same amount right now. Presumably GRI will still be more valuable when LOT calms down some, but LOT seems to be holding value more than others had in recent memory, so it's not the worst thing to use. But a lot of this depends on what you're doing with the packs - if you're going to use them to buy something in the short term, then you should use LOT, while if you're going to hold them for a while, GRI might be better. (But realize GRI's value will decrease next fall when it rotates out presumably - so don't look to hold it *that* long.)

See http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html for current values of the packs versus each other.

GRI and LOT are worth about the same amount right now. Presumably GRI will still be more valuable when LOT calms down some, but LOT seems to be holding value more than others had in recent memory, so it's not the worst thing to use. But a lot of this depends on what you're doing with the packs - if you're going to use them to buy something in the short term, then you should use LOT, while if you're going to hold them for a while, GRI might be better. (But realize GRI's value will decrease next fall when it rotates out presumably - so don't look to hold it *that* long.)

See http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html for current values of the packs versus each other.
Yeah, I use that card value guide. It's true that GRI's value will fall after it rotates out, but there's plenty of time for that to happen.
Ok, so I think the best move is to sell the cards for GRIs because it's the most "wanted" pack right now.
Thank you snoopy.

I think LOT will be the most stable set for the next few years. I recommend trading all your packs to LOT.

I think LOT will be the most stable set for the next few years. I recommend trading all your packs to LOT.
I'm having the same impression. I'll wait a few weeks to do that.
I've never traded packs for packs... Do people do it at the same rate? I mean, if GRI is worth 1 pack and FLI is worth 0.5, do people usually accept the trade if I offer 2 FLI for 1 GRI?

I'm having the same impression. I'll wait a few weeks to do that.
I've never traded packs for packs... Do people do it at the same rate? I mean, if GRI is worth 1 pack and FLI is worth 0.5, do people usually accept the trade if I offer 2 FLI for 1 GRI?

In my limited experience - yes; but it's imperfect. It helps if you are offering something that has at least some demand - the less valuable ones people may just ignore even if they're a fair deal if nobody who wants that particular pack is looking in that window.

Back