Discussion Which of the 9 Tag Team GX will be eliminated from Unified Minds?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
With the leak info about M-Sableye and Tyranitar and Slowbro and Psyduck, my mind is confused because it exceeds the 8-Tag Team GX limit that we could expect from Unified Minds. I want to know which of the 9 TTGX will be eliminated when the August Set is released internationally?
  • Mew & Mewtwo
  • Rowlet & Alolan Exeggutor
  • Garchomp & Giratina
  • Articuno & Zapdos & Moltres
  • Deoxys & Espeon
  • Darkrai & Umbreon
  • Raichu & Alolan Raichu
  • M-Sableye & Tyranitar
  • Slowpoke & Psyduck
The bold ones were the officially confirmed during te press release

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing's stopping them from having 9 tag teams. I would think none of them are getting dropped

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
I think they're going to push the legendary bird trio into Hidden Fates to drive collectors to the set and crank up sales of the pin collections and tins featuring the packs.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I feel like it'll be Slowpoke&Psyduck since it's the most gimmicky of them all, I could see it in a promo box just like Margikarp&Wailord was

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
My guess would be Birds-GX, partly because it's the only GX ever with 3 cards and partly because it's a great opportunity to give the Kanto bird trio their own separate product, something big, shiny and expensive like the Island Guardians Box.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm casting my vote on Slowpoke/Psyduck honestly. These two are super popular Pokemon and I think they're going to equate that to marketability, thus, making a product out of it. It's why they pulled FA Zard/Blastoise, Alt. Reshizard, etc. etc. They're all immensely popular Pokemon. Whichever one they do will probably pull a Lucario GX and push the FA/RR to SM12.

I agree. Take your memes and make collection boxes, as they say.

This also raises a point here, it's what they did with Magikarp/Wailord and (to an extent) Snorlax GX.

EDIT: I guess I could see the Bird trio being pulled instead. I'm a bit leaning towards Psypoke being pulled, but the Bird trio could make sense too. At least it's getting narrowed down.

Last edited:

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
They'd definitely advertise the Bird-GXs. It's the first trio GX and it has 3 popular Gen 1 Legends. No way it'll be in the set without advertising them

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So it seems that the Birds will be pulled out in the main set. That is also my opinion. No way that the Tri team GX could make debut in the main set. I'm surprise if they did it.

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
Since we're only getting eight, the ninth must appear in some other type of product. Legendary Birds and Alolan Raichu/Raichu both feel like cards that could go into different products, the other two aren't nearly as marketable. If I had to take a guess, the legendary birds seem prime for a premium product. An Alolan Raichu & Raichu GX product would be interesting, but I'm not sure that's as likely, and while my reasoning isn't perfect, we did just receive a Pikarom product too...

Pokefam

300 something/400
My guess would be Birds-GX, partly because it's the only GX ever with 3 cards and partly because it's a great opportunity to give the Kanto bird trio their own separate product, something big, shiny and expensive like the Island Guardians Box.

100% agreement @The Rhyperior

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
I think the birds got pushed back into Hidden Fates. I find it very hard to believe they wouldn't put the first (and so far only) triple Tag Team on a booster pack.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I think the birds got pushed back into Hidden Fates. I find it very hard to believe they wouldn't put the first (and so far only) triple Tag Team on a booster pack.
I think this one hint, but the Night Unison art wasn't in Unbroken Bonds either, although Greninja & Zoroark-GX are 2 very popular Pokémon.
I don't know if the alternate art birds card is especially hard to pull in the Japanese set to make it similar to a gold card, but it could add a lot to any set or product.