Help Which Kangaskhan is better?

Squirrelette

Aspiring Trainer
Im going to take part in the Kanto Tourney and im wondering which Kangaskhan is better for battle.

1. Kangaskhan
-Level: 100
- HP: 351
- AT: 289
- DE: 197
- SP ATK: 104
- SP DEF: 196
- SPEED: 206
-Nature: Jolly
- Ability: Scrappy
Moves:
1. Return
2. Sucker Punch
3. Earthquake
4. Fake Out

OR

2. Kangaskhan
-Level: 100
- HP: 352
- AT: 289
- DE: 196
- SP ATK: 104
- SP DEF: 196
- SPEED: 306
-Nature: Jolly
- Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
1. Double-Edge
2. Sucker Punch
3. Power-up Punch
4. Fake Out

thanks for any help :D

Kangashkan 1, because of his ability! So he can hit Ghost types with Normal types attack.
I know that the speed from Kangashkan 2 is better, but his ability Inner Focus won't help you more then the ability Scrappy does.

I hope I could help you with this! Good luck in the competition! :)

What are the EVs on the first Khan?
They're not maxed - or even close. The only way to get that speed value with a jolly nature is to have a speed IV of 3 and 0 EVS, which is crap TBH.
the second is 6IV and 252/252 ATK/Speed (possibly the last 4 EVs in another stat, making it 5IV with a 30).
the first is definitely inferior to the second as far as IVs and would take some work to re-assign the presumably 'random' EVs.

In any case I believe the question was more about the moveset/ability. Unfortunately, Inner Focus is the hidden ability, thus cant be changed with an ability capsule, so that's out of the question. TBH, I have never needed to use Scrappy on my own Khans outside the Battle Maison, so Inner Focus should be fine, and will let you hit Pokemon that try to outspeed/out-priority Khan and flinch it - assuming that it has Scrappy instead.

As far as moves, Double edge over Return every time. Not only does it deal far more damage (and doesn't rely on maxing happiness), it also only does recoil based on the second, weaker hit due to Parental Bond (ignores all recoil that would have been incurred by the first hit unless the second hit never happens due to KO/etc.).
Sucker Punch is nice for finishing off a foe or crippling/KOing Psychic and Ghost types. Powerup Punch is less reliable, but has it's niche in a few sets. If playing VGC, you'll generally want Low Kick instead, as it hits the heavy Ubers (that are now allowed as of VGC '16) much harder than almost anything else - and hits twice just the same. Earthquake works well in singles, as it allows you to hit Rock and Steel types hard, but in Doubles formats, like VGC, it only hits once (Parental Bond only affects moves aimed at a single target. EQ hits all adjacent foes/allies alike). Fake out is always nice and generally gets a free Mega Evolution turn, but Protect can do the same thing and buy 'free' turns later as well - at the cost of not attacking. VGC, doubles, and triples tend to favor Protect over Fake out and neither are required for a good Khan set.

TL;DR: a good basic Khan set would be:

For VGC:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Atk / 76 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect/Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick

VGC is auto-leveled to 50, which wastes some EVs versus level 100, hence this EV spread.

For Singles:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)/Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out/Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge/Dizzy Punch
- Earthquake/Low Kick/Power-Up Punch

Alternate moves listed from most widely useful to least.

I would say #2 because of speed, and that Inner Focus ability, and you all now that SPEEEED ISSSSS KEEEEYYY(unless your against a Trick Room Team)!

Back