Which Cards Do You Think Will Be Cut from HS-Triumphant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
Hello,

So, according to Pokemon.com, this set will only have 103 cards (102 + Alph) as opposed to the 117 we originally thought would be in this set.

So, my question is....which cards do you all think they are cutting? As much as I don't want them to, I have a feeling they may cut cards like Lost World (like many of you have been saying before).

What do you all think?

Hmm if they cut the cards where would they go?

They would have to be realeased in english and theres no others to make a set out of them so i think they will keep all of the cards. I guess they could release some as promos but not like 15

Pokemon.com said 102 cards(103 with alph). I guess they will be in the B&W set. They will probably only be pokemon for that reason. Probably just some pokies from CatS.

Man, I hate PUSA with all my forces!! Why the ---- do they cut cards???? Seriously, Is it that hard to make a 117 card set??
For me, either they will not be released in English at all or this means they will make a 5th, filler set and create their own cards or even reprints (kinda like Ex Power Keepers)... Releasing those cut cards in BW seems very improbable to me...

I was hoping that the last two sets of the season would be purely Black and White. Oh well...

They aren't going to make a filler set. That would make no sense. They would have to come up with like 85 new cards that japan doesn't have, Yah, right. We will probably just not get them, or they could be in B&W. If any Lost link cards were cut, then we aren't getting them. Lost link is around the lost zone, it would make no sense to add lost zone cards to a non-lost zone set.

Just as a side note, bulbapedia revealed the Palkia/Dialga Legend card and they didn't change what Time Control does...it will probably be errata'd though so that no more than six cards can be added to your opponent's prize cards.

^Actually, in CatS F.A.Q., it says that we can make the opponent have more than six prize cards...

@dragonpulse20: Its already confirmed that all primes from LL will be in Triumphant and all of them use the Lost Zone mechanic... you just failed...

Probably Grumpig,I have not really seen much of grumpig cards lately.

I am SO lamed out that they're not including all of Lost Link and Clash in this set. Was it REALLY necessary to cut all of a dozen cards instead of actually, you know, including everything? Neither was a particularly large set. Together they would have totaled fewer cards than the HGSS base set. The HS era has been so annoying with how the Japanese cards are swapped around or even dropped entirely in the English versions. And how the sets have all been like 90-100 cards when we've behind Japan the entire time.

Plus, if Triumphant IS the last HS set, does that mean we're getting the first BW set in February, one or two MONTHS before the games are even released in English? Guh. As a collector this is really making me nerd rage.

Oh god, this just fuels the fire for the people who want lost world cut, ban, etc. >_>

I'm going to go hide under my bed until this set is released. ._.

interesting.... i doubt the cut cards would be released with the B&W set as they are different formats.
if anything, i would hope PUSA makes a filler set after Triumphant.
it would be awesome if we could get some reprints of cards from the base set (charizard for me ^_^) or sets that about to be rotated out.

it just doesnt make sense for them to cut out a few cards....

Oh I agree. Cut out Lost World, please. It'll take the fun out of the game if we have an Exodia for Pokemon.

Me, as a collector, I have no problem with Lost World... Too bad for you players if it doesn't get cut... which I hope so... just because I hate that they don't release every japanese card in the west. For some reason, 4 or 5 promo cards from the DPt era weren't released in English, it looks like the shiny legendary cards won't be too, and I just ask why?? It's so freakin' annoying cuz I want to collect 'em all and those cards being japan-exclusive just makes it harder for me to do it! Screw PUSA!! and screw WotC too btw!

There are actually ten DPt-P promos that we never got in the States. We also never got 16 DP-P promos and, so far, about 22 L-P promos. Factor in the 14 cut cards from Lost Link and a few reprints with new artwork we never got, like PlusPower and Dual Ball, and all of these omissions alone could make a new set. Granted, it would be a pretty terrible one from a gameplay perspective since a lot of the promos are just unevolved Pokemon, but it's so frustrating that we lose so many cards outside of Japan.

Granted, there's always eBay, but it's a lot less of a burden on my wallet if events like 14 cards being cut from Lost Link/Clash didn't happen.

^yes, I didn't remember those PlusPower and Dual Ball... I have a list in my computer with every card that was never released in English, I was just talking about the DPt-promos of Pokémon cards that were unique like Heatran, Jigglypuff, Chatot... Most DP-P cards left are reprints which could have made an entire POP set, but they ended those sets for some stupid unknown reason...

i dont think itll really matter as we still get the 4 legends and 8 primes.
originally i thought they cut two prime lines, to make it a consistent 6 primes, but they already said in the site that itll contain 8 primes.
so to me, i feel like the cards that are cut will be "meh" cards that really dont get any spotlight.

CATS=80 cards (minus RDL+KGL)=76 cards
Lost Link=40 cards
76+40=116 cards.
So it's 14 cards that's not gonna be printed in Triumphant..Hope to god it's not Lost World...sigh

I'm expecting the cards cut will be some generic Pokemon from Lost Link, and will show up soon after in something else. Perhaps a promotional mini-set or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back