Where to buy in USA?

RE: Buying Individual Packs Online

Haha I don't consider myself lucky, 4$ a booster pack is still a rip off and I would never buy it for that much.

I either buy booster boxes or nothing at all, I got sick of pulling junk non stop a long time ago haha

The prices here in Australia are mindblowingly ridiculous. Let me give you some examples:
Pack for $6 (used to be 7 in the DP-Pt era)
Theme deck for $20
Promo tin for $30 (I mean, seriously!?)
ETB for... $60 (my friend bought one yesterday, I pity him)
Booster box for ~$170
This is why I stopped buying cards in Australia, and started buying singles instead. (Also because I like the EX era and nowhere sells them anymore)

Well, that's the problem. TPCI don't care about us, they just want money. I know a lot of Pokémon collectors and players in AU, they usually buy from UK online stores.

Yeah, cards here in the Netherlands are generally more expensive than America, too, though part of that is just because our sales tax is higher too. Still, I couldn't help but choke when I saw booster boxes going for €120 (about US$155) when I'm used to spending about $100 including shipping. Tins and packs and sets are more expensive, too.

Heh and I thought 4.19 USD was expensive. This poor fellow thought 3.50$ a pack was cheap and bought 12 of them on ebay,. All weighed.

Some of my comic stores sell packs for 4.50 which is ridiculous.

I only buy from stores cause I feel like I'll get lucky and get more ultra rares than I would in a box but that streak ended now. My last 13 pack purchased contained 4 holos and a Tornadus EX... *barf* I ALREADY PULLED 3 OF THESE!!

*slaps himself* I swore to stop buying packs and I still am.. URGH....

And man they could easily replace the reverse holo with a holo so they all weigh the same but noooo, that would require more time and work sorting them... we can't have that now can we?

Retailers

Hi Guys,

I have been buying of a site AmiAmi but they seem to run out very quickly is there any other online retailers like AmiAmi that sell Japanese booster boxes apart from ebay sellers as they inflate the shipping.

RE: Retailers

potomac distribution carries a small selection of Japanese booster boxes as well.

darth stack said:
May I have a link to their site please

I know you want life easy, but this is just too much...

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=potomac+distribution&oq=potomac+dist&gs_l=hp.3.0.0l10.1292.4093.0.4887.12.11.0.1.1.0.139.1042.6j5.11.0...0.0...1c.1.16.hp.PsgRlEfR6iw

:rolleyes:

http://global.rakuten.com/en

Pretty much Amazon's marketplace for Japan. A few standard retailers such as Amiami sell on there as well.

All the searches pretty much have to be done in Japanese characters, so if you want a specific set just go to Bulbapedia's page for it as they always list the name in katakana near the top. (Not sure if any other sites keep track of them)

Not sure if it will show up on the board, but a good general search is:
ポケモンカードゲーム
which is literally just "Pokemon Card Game" so you'll get everything.

The result's text are normally machine translated, but you can generally tell what they are by the image and price range. (Eg. Looking now, that item with the Psycho Drive pack that's ¥134 lsold by Surugaya-a-too that ended up with " expansion packs" in the title would be a single booster)

You'll have to fiddle around with the "Ship to _______" on the left to get where you are, as not every seller ships internationally, but there's a good deal that do (Surugaya and their accounts are probably one of the best). If there's something you really want but they only ship domestically you can use a middle man service, but that's getting far too complicated to go into here. (Rakuten are partnered with one themselves as they advertise on the site, but I've never used it myself so I can't vouch for that)

darth stack said:
Hi Guys,

I have been buying of a site AmiAmi but they seem to run out very quickly is there any other online retailers like AmiAmi that sell Japanese booster boxes apart from ebay sellers as they inflate the shipping.

Well, eBay sellers have a much more difficult time making a profit due to seller fees, final value fees, and PayPal fees. Furthermore, and in order to have protection as a seller, eBay requires that sellers ship all items with delivery confirmation or signature confirmation. As a result, sellers from Japan typically send out via EMS which as you can see bumps the price up a lot compared to buying from AmiAmi. I cannot think of any well-known sellers that truly "inflate the shipping."

It costs around 7-8 Euros a pack here in Norway, just to check out how many stores that actually have weighted packs I bought 5 packs from 3 different stores

It turns out that ALL of the packs was weighted I only pulled 1 holofoil out of 15 packs, I have bought packs now and then but never pulled holofoils. This is a real issue norway is struggling with these days, I dont know where to buy my cards anymore, I cant trust no one

ArceusTrainer said:
It costs around 7-8 Euros a pack here in Norway, just to check out how many stores that actually have weighted packs I bought 5 packs from 3 different stores

It turns out that ALL of the packs was weighted I only pulled 1 holofoil out of 15 packs, I have bought packs now and then but never pulled holofoils. This is a real issue norway is struggling with these days, I dont know where to buy my cards anymore, I cant trust no one

The only way to truly find out if they weigh their packs is to buy ALL of their packs, not just 5 each. You may have just picked 5 bad ones. If you buy all of the packs they have for sale, and then get nothing, you have solid evidence that they weigh.

darth stack said:
Yeah I thought of that after I typed up the thread collectors cache have boxes but are way to expensive compared to AmiAmi

Remember they have to pay for shipping to Kansas. They are cheaper than most eBay sellers.

Daelum said:
ArceusTrainer said:

The only way to truly find out if they weigh their packs is to buy ALL of their packs, not just 5 each. You may have just picked 5 bad ones. If you buy all of the packs they have for sale, and then get nothing, you have solid evidence that they weigh.

Your logic makes sense but I highly doubt it's a coincidence. I mean one holo in 15 packs? That's got to be extremely bad luck because the chance of getting one holofoil is 0.33 x0.66^14 = <1% chance of that happening. I guess it is possible but it's just difficult to believe if you assume a 1 in 3 packs holo ratio. I hope I did the math right, I started confusing myself by over complicating it and thinking about factorials etc... -_- haha

bagoly14 said:
Daelum said:

Your logic makes sense but I highly doubt it's a coincidence. I mean one holo in 15 packs? That's got to be extremely bad luck because the chance of getting one holofoil is 0.33 x0.66^14 = <1% chance of that happening. I guess it is possible but it's just difficult to believe if you assume a 1 in 3 packs holo ratio. I hope I did the math right, I started confusing myself by over complicating it and thinking about factorials etc... -_- haha

Isn't that if those 15 packs were from one shop? These are 3 different instances of 5 packs each. If we assume that the ratio is 1/3 packs, there are 24 packs in each box that has nothing. If the unfortunate poster took 5 random packs out of mostly full boxes, it's entirely possible to not get anything 3 times in a row.

Back