Discussion When Will Unova Get a Set?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Since all other regions get sets, why doesn't Unova? Tag Bolt looks like it'll be a Kanto Set, so does that mean Unova gets a set next year, or never?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
I really hope Unova gets a set. Not only would we see N reprinted, we would also get a lot of cool Unova Pokemon GX Cards. It's a shame that Black and White got so much hate:( I would've loved to see a set based off Black and White as well as even some reprints from Black and White series, similar to how Celestic Storm had reprints from the ex series

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Why did BW even get hate? B2W2 are some of the best Pokémon games and ORAS got way more backlash for skipping the Battle Frontier.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope Unova gets a set. Not only would we see N reprinted, we would also get a lot of cool Unova Pokemon GX Cards. It's a shame that Black and White got so much hate:( I would've loved to see a set based off Black and White as well as even some reprints from Black and White series, similar to how Celestic Storm had reprints from the ex series

Why would we see N reprinted exactly?

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
They didn't reprint Double Dragon Energy in the Dragon themed Dragon Majesty set. There isn't a guarantee that they'll reprint N even with a unova set
Why wouldn't they? Why hasn't N got a reprint yet? I don't see why he shouldn't of gotten one by now

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Why wouldn't they? Why hasn't N got a reprint yet? I don't see why he shouldn't of gotten one by now
Because they don't want it in standard again? It's pretty clear that the design philosophy has changed with SUM compared to BW and XY era. It looks like they want the game to be different and part of that means not reprinting a card that's been a competitive staple for 7 years

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
It seems to me as if the minisets/expansion packs are more Unova focused than anything else tbh. Looking at them, Cobalion, Virizion, Sigilyph, Reshiram, White Kyurem and Genesect all have gotten GX cards in one, and Darmanitan, Cofagrigus, Galvantula, Mandibuzz, Ferrothorn (and more) got a card in one of those sets, after not having gotten one in quite a while.

I would love to see a Unova-themed set, but rn it seems like they're more focused on putting Unova into the expansion packs

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
It would be a bit weird for every single generation to be featured except Unova. I would personally love to see Elesa finally get a full art.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer

Maybe N will not return as the same card but could return as a new card, maybe an ultra prism, Lysandre for example return as one and with diferent effect

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
It seems to me as if the minisets/expansion packs are more Unova focused than anything else tbh. Looking at them, Cobalion, Virizion, Sigilyph, Reshiram, White Kyurem and Genesect all have gotten GX cards in one, and Darmanitan, Cofagrigus, Galvantula, Mandibuzz, Ferrothorn (and more) got a card in one of those sets, after not having gotten one in quite a while.

I would love to see a Unova-themed set, but rn it seems like they're more focused on putting Unova into the expansion packs

I checked the amount of Unova mon with cards in sub sets and this is all of the Unova mon in them (excluding reprints):

Facing a New Trial:

Trubbish
Garbodor
Cottonee
Whimsicott

Shining Legends: (JP)

Virizion
Shining Genesect
Larvesta
Volcarona
Reshiram
Keldeo
Zekrom
Golett
Golurk
Stunfisk
Purrloin
Liepard
Scraggy
Scrafty
Zorua
Zoroark GX

GX Battle Boost:

Victini
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Trubbish
Garbodor

Dragon Storm:

Victini
Darumaka
Darmanitan
Heatmor
Reshiram GX
Druddigon
Zekrom
Kyurem
White Kyurem GX

Thunderclap Spark:

Virizion GX
Victini
Cubchoo
Beartic
White Kyurem
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Stunfisk
Durant
Cobalion
Genesect GX

Fairy Rise:

Sigilyph GX
Yamask
Cofagrigus
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Meloetta (Aria)

Dark Order:

Blitzle
Zebstrika
Emolga
Joltik
Galvantula
Zorua
Zoroark
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Ferroseed
Ferrothorn
Pawniard
Bisharp
Cobalion GX

GX Ultra Shiny:

Zorua
Reshiram GX
Zoroark GX

Ultra Force and Champion Road don't have any Unova mon.

Out of these Pokémon, Reshiram and Zoroark line get in quite a lot of sets. Victini, Cobalion, Virizion, Zekrom, White Kyurem, Stunfisk, Trubbish and Litwick lines also appear more than once.

Last edited: