When will the Japanese National Beginning set be printed in English?

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Now if we look at the gap between the Japanese beginning set, and the release of the Black and White theme decks, it is around 5 months.

The release of the Japanese National Beginning set is released around April 20, according to Bulbapedia. So if we added 5 months to that, it would be around end of September., which means the best time to release these is either the August set or November set.

I'm mostly referring to the Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott cards.

So will it be printed along with the August set, to go along with Dragon Blade/Blast, or will it be printed in November, to go along with Freeze Shock, and Cold Flare?

Now me, I'd prefer if it went with the November set. I'd also think that the theme deck mascots should be once again Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott. That way, it can coincide with the starters you pick in Black and White 2, while the theme deck mascots were cards from the original Japanese beginning set.

I think the August set should have theme deck mascots that have Dragon Pokemon, in which I prefer Hydreigon and Garchomp.

I also think that the November set should be a large set, as large as Black and White, since the November set will most likely be all about Black and White 2, so they should have 3 theme decks, each based off the starters.

It also really depends on what Japan does with the Freeze Shock and Cold Flare sets. Are they going to release the 3 Unova starters and their evolutions? If so, the 3 starters from the National Beginning set might be lumped in with that set for the english release.

So here is what I conclude, and what I hope.

1. I hope that the National beginning set starter pokemon and its evolutions won't be released until the November set.

2. I hope that the final evolutions of these cards are the theme deck mascots, in which case, there are 3, sort of like an update of Green Tornado, Red Frenzy, and Blue Assault.

3. I am going to start my character in the White 2 version. The starter I pick depends on a few factors. I'm not picking Tepig, because I already started with him in White. So this leaves Snivy, whom I will pick IF the November set of the TCG doesn't have the 3 starters as theme deck mascots, or Oshawott, if the set has the starters as theme deck mascots.

Giantoshawott said:
Even though they say bw6, I think Freeze shock and cold flare are the beginning set.
...What?

"Beginning Set" is a kind of starter deck for people to learn the game

My guess is they'll split it across the autumn and winter sets. They'll probably burn most/all of the Dragon Selection, Blade and Blast cards in a big August set, and then focus on BW2 for the November set, but could include some of the National Beginning Set because it has the Unova starters, which would be appropriate for promoting the new games. Unless, of course, the July Japanese expansion has them too... but even then, they could always double up on cards of the Starters, which they've been doing a lot for Pokemon in the English sets lately.

don()shinobi said:
The little kiddies don't know that.

Buy it cheap rip kids hard! :p Also, I don't think this will be printed in english, unless they decide to do an extra Trainer Kit, because this set is designed for younger/newer players (hence no Dragon Type).

I hope we get every single card because I care about artwork, not playability.

I don't mind Shaymin, Victini or Samurott personally. (Yeah, Samurott's worse than HGSS Gyarados, but the ability Samurott is decent, so it's a fair enough throw-in, even moreso if we go BW-on.) Either way, I hope we do (and suspect we will) get them.

My guess is that they will be released with the cards from BW6 (FreezeBolt/Cold Flare)... which makes sense... BW6 ties with the release of BW2 (which comes with old pokémon in the new dex)... This new beginning set also comes with Pokémon from all gens... As such, it seems logical to me that the National Beginning set goes with BW6 the same way the first Beginning set went with BW1...

Yeah, as I said before, it seems logical that they should build the theme decks around the 3 beginning set stage 2 starters. So how good is the Serperior anyway? I know that Green Tornado is a shelf warmer, because it sucks, so I hope "Green Tornado 2" isn't a shelf warmer.

Considering Black and White uses the Beginning set starters as the theme deck mascots, do you think it is most likely that they will use the National beginning set starters as the theme deck mascots for the set that is promoting Black and White 2, that is, the November 2012 set? If that's the case, I think that what the Beginning set was to Black and White, is to what the National Beginning set is to BW6, or the November 2012 set.

Anyway, was there any beginning set cards that weren't released in the Black and White expansion? If not, then it is most likely that all the national beginning set cards are to be released for BW6.

I also feel that whenever there is a set that coincides with a release of a game that has 2 versions, and starting from Generation 4, for example Diamond and Pearl, Heartgold and Soulsilver, Black and White, Black 2 and White 2, then I feel that there should be 3 theme decks, and all of whom should be based off the stage 2 starters. They all fit the bill, and I think the November 2012 set should be based off the National Beginning Set's Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott, considering that Black 2 and White 2 is a different game to Black and White, compared to how Platinum is the same game to Diamond and Pearl.

I also think that it is about time that they printed an extra trainer kit, and base it off the November 2012 expansion, perhaps do a modified legal rotation at that time.

They're not going to rotate with the release of a product, it'll happen before the November set. I would like to see a new trainer kit though. Emerging Powers one was...well, you know the story.

Back