What's your rarest card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is a Pikachu Promo #1. But is not a normal promo. It was a promo card that I pulled in a Jungle booster a long time ago. I thought it was just another card in the Jungle set until one of my friends pointed out that it had a "Promo" star. I was astonished to learn that the card was extremely rare and was found in approximately 1 in every 10 boxes of cards (possibly even more rare).

Considering that I almost never see it on eBay nowadays, the original hypothesis seems to hold true. Ranges of prices for this card suggest anywhere from $50 to one particular auction on eBay where it sold for $1000. I doubt it will fetch a price that high these days. I know that the promo card given to the champion of last year's Worlds sold for over $6,000!

I think Andyman, if what he is saying is true, has the most priceless and unique card in this thread. There isn't anything that is like it out there. If I had a card like that, I would hang onto it for a very long time because it would have more value to myself than monetary value.

EDIT: Scan of promo added

Attachments

• pikachu_promo.png
    pikachu_promo.png
    492.8 KB · Views: 21
My rarest card is really new actually, believe it or not, I bought a EX holon phantoms booster pack and got a Gyarados star in it! It's my favourite card of all!

...I guess you could say that my rarest is a Shining Gyrados (NR) 1st Edition and it still is in mint condition...

over here registeel star. However, im trading it away for mudkip star and blaziken, i dont like registeel much.

RE:  What's your rarest card?

Tyler said:
I have prerelease Misty's Seadra and prerelease Dark Gyarados too, but I didn't know they were really so rare!

I really don't know how rare they are. I just assumed that, since they stop printing prerelease cards after the tournaments, then they would be worth more. How much are prerelease cards worth, anyway?

rickraptor77 wrote:
It's not that rare , i have three, though for some reason nobody wants to trade me for it

mmm u need to put that card on a deck because youre hidrogenetaror deck sucks
because here in mexico is rare to see one (vileplume ex)

My rarest card is the crystal charizard from the skyridge set and I have a promo rapidash and ho-oh too and I have the entire southern islands collection that I got for $2.00 and I have a non- holographic mew from the expedition base set. Those are my rarest cards that I can think of.:)
EDIT. I also have the deoxys card from the movie Destiny deoxys.:)

I have a lot of rare cards, but I think that is my Moltres EX because is the number 115 and in the expansion there are 112 cards.

I don't know about my rarest card, but I have a true story to tell!

When I opened my two very first Base set Pokemon TCG booster packs, wanna know what I found in one of them?

A CHARIZARD!!! No kidding!

But because I was so young and inexperienced, I traded it for a Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill and a Gyarados! >.<

I just know that this one is also can be called "ultra" rare because miss print...
my Legendary Collection Articuno...

strarticuno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back