Pokemon What's your opinion on Pokérus?

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
Pokérus is a rare virus found in the video games that is beneficial to the EV's of the Pokémon that contracted it. Do you use it if your Pokémon gets infected? Do you think it really serves a purpose? Should it be easier to find? Heck, have you even come across it before?

I've come across Pokérus twice, I believe. My Munna got it after I finished battling a wild Audino and went to heal it. Eventually, I restarted my game (White), forgetting my Munna had Pokérus. I wasn't to upset because I don't really use the Pokérus. The only other time I got it was when a friend traded me a Zorua infected with it.

I had a linoone with pokerus in emerald, I mass cloned it and made sure it's usability as a pokerus infector (plus all the methods of keeping Pokerus) remained all these years.

The only downside is with the loss of my Platinum version I now only have one Linoone.

but yes, when I feel like EV Training the traditional way, I will use Pokerus for my Pokemon.

I've got Pokerus really many times. I have it on about 30 Pokemon in HG, BW and B2. In my opinion it doesn't really add anything special to the game, just a little fun exp and EV (if I remember correctly) boost.

I really don't need it, but in some occasions it does make training a little quicker.

Greatest training tool ever.

[/thread]

Have I come across it before? Yes, twice - once in my HG when my entire team caught it, and once over a trade in B1. Since then I have abused the crap out of it.

Only got it once, in Crystal of all games. I always spread it around a lot and then make sure I spread it to a Pokemon that spends most of its time in the PC, so I can continue to spread it in the future without it becoming non-contagious like it does overnight with party members. Certainly makes training less of a hassle; I can't really see any reason why someone wouldn't like it, unless they really hate the status icon or something.

My friend actually got it on the gift elemental monkey (Pansear in his case) in Black. I wasn't even aware it was possible to get on gift Pokemon, and I definitely don't recall him using it in a battle before he visited the PokeCenter and got the message o_O

Frezgle said:
Only got it once, in Crystal of all games. I always spread it around a lot and then make sure I spread it to a Pokemon that spends most of its time in the PC, so I can continue to spread it in the future without it becoming non-contagious like it does overnight with party members. Certainly makes training less of a hassle; I can't really see any reason why someone wouldn't like it, unless they really hate the status icon or something.

My friend actually got it on the gift elemental monkey (Pansear in his case) in Black. I wasn't even aware it was possible to get on gift Pokemon, and I definitely don't recall him using it in a battle before he visited the PokeCenter and got the message o_O

YES! You just hit the nail on the head. I hate the fact that once your Pokemon gets Pokerus, it's stuck with either the Pokerus icon or the little pink face icon. GAH! I know I'm weird but it bugs the living Dusclops out of me. That's why I just prefer EV training without it.

I think it should be considered a pokemon.

There should be a held item or something so if a pokemon with pokerus evolves, you get an evolved pokemon-size form of it in an empty slot.

Bogleech said:
I think it should be considered a pokemon.

There should be a held item or something so if a pokemon with pokerus evolves, you get an evolved pokemon-size form of it in an empty slot.

I'm confused, could you please explain what you mean kind sir? :)

[private]Re-wrote this post for this guy lol -ES[/private]

I'm not sure what purpose it serves but I was ecstatic to find it once on my Emerald version (or possibly Diamond). :)

My Cyndaquil just recently got Pokerus, and that was my first experience with it. I didn't really know what it did. I knew it upped your stats or whatever, I just really don't care about EV's much.

Proceeded said:
My Cyndaquil just recently got Pokerus, and that was my first experience with it. I didn't really know what it did. I knew it upped your stats or whatever, I just really don't care about EV's much.

Basicaly the same I spread it around but I don't really care about it.

I have only ever received it in a trade with a friend. A little ol' Pansage. Still ahven't used it. It's just sitting in my PC in White still. Will probably trasfer it to White 2 or Y when it comes out.

Also, I would love to see other "diseases" or the like added to the pokemon games. Maybe some with positive effects, and others with negative effects, and also make them a little bit more common. Would add another little interesting twist to the games.

Once, my whole team was infected because I saw my twin's Tornadus(Therian) become infected. Then I checked later and my Thundurus(Therian) was infected. They were in Level 10 when we caught them from Dream Radar, and when we were in Virbank Complex, that was when they became infected.

I use it a lot for EV training. It's really useful for me and speeds up the progress a lot.

I have one Pokemon with it, but I haven't EV trained after I learned about it so my EV training got all messed up :/

The smiley thing for it is so annoying, I hate it :/ honestly, I've never gotten Pokerus though, but I've gotten Pokemon from trades that have had it.

I never use Pokerus. I just have some Pokemon that have it and then I let the virus fade away, but it occasionally spreads. Meh, I just guess I never really EV train in the first place.

Back