Discussion What's better for Oregon Winter Regionals

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
What's going to a better deck at Oregon regionals? Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX / Archeops or Night March / Breakpoint Garchomp? Both seem very good and everyone at my league either isn't expirenced or can't decide. And second what cards will be good from breakpoint at regionals?

My friend likes night March a lot but I want others opinions from more experienced players :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion the plays are YZG the marchers a bat varient or entei. My personal opinion i would play night narch milotic time puzzle

For my regionals, I'm going to use Regice/Slowking/Hammers. It is an uncommon deck, which gives me the upper hand.

Sableye/Garbodar/Puzzle of Time. One of the only ways to lose is prizing life dew (how often do you expect that to happen 2/3 times). The other is item lock, and if you want, against toad, you can try to confuse ray to make them miss a punch.

Metal seems like an interesting play as aegislash is super annoying to Toad-Tina, Night March, Flareon/Vespiquen, Toad/Bats etc. The problem is finding the right partner for it. M Mewtwo-EX? Lugia-EX?

Night March is a tough play in expanded. My personal thought is everybody will show up Sableye/Garbador.

The reason I don't want to play that is how prevalent toad is. Also most decks can tech in a toad or two (This can beat the deck entirely if there is some form of energy recovery) Also Sableye/Garbodor doesn't like Yveltal so much (Considering they can't Confuse Toad if Keldeo can Rush In because of the item lock). That being one of the top decks could make it hard for Sableye/Garbodor tough. Still I think it will be very prevalent but it will just be too hard to play. (Like Night March in Expanded)

Personally I think Yveltal is the best play. It doesn't really have any bad matchups and is quite fun to use.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you know if Breakpoint is legal in California winter Regionals because i was thinking to play Sableye/garb/time puzzle there.

BREAKpoint is only legal for Florida and Oregon (week 3), so you will NOT be able to use it for Cali. It's not legal until Feb 24th.

I'm going to Oregon Regionals too and I am gonna play a variant of speed Lugia-EX. Right now seems to be the best match-up against mostdecks right now in Oregon.

At St. Louis Regionals, where I'm playing.I'm taking a LandoBats deck given that it's very consistent, hits hard, and can deal with even its worst matchups fairly well. It's totally a matter of opinion, but given that we couldn't see the previous week's regionals on Twitch streams, we don't totally know what did really well. Given this lack of information, I'm going with a safe, consistent, and fun deck. If Pokemon decides not to stream again this weekend at St. Louis, then the safest plays at Oregon are just highly consistent lists that can deal with nearly anything that is thrown at them. However, if BreakPoint is legal at Oregon, then who knows, maybe Sableye/Garbodor/Puzzle of Time is the stronger play. Totally up to you, this is just my two cents.

Back