What Weird Things Did You Believe as a Kid?

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
When I was about 7, I believed Sonic the Hedgehog was real. My brother even invited him to his birthday party, and I wrote a letter to him. There was one instance when a giant chili stain or something ended up on the wall, and I stubbornly believed it was THE Sonic, so I ran around the house for a good five or ten minutes "chasing after Sonic". There was even an instance where someone opened and closed my bedroom door really quickly (3:37 AM, I remember the time), and for a long time I was convinced it was Sonic. (I still kinda think it could've been Sonic.)

When I was 9 and 10, I was VERY convinced Pokémon were real. I thought that when I turned ten, I was gonna be able to go over into the wild and find Pokémon there. For instance, my old elementary school had a mini-forest of sorts, and I decided that was like the Viridian Forest and I'd find Pikachu and Caterpie and stuff like that. From what I'm told, my parents had to have talks with me about how Pokémon weren't real and that I wasn't going to become a Pokémon Trainer when I was ten. I still believed they were real until about a few months after my tenth birthday. This belief got revived in 2013, when I was ten and had joined my first Pokémon league. I believed that Pokémon were alive in the cards and that you were technically a Pokémon Trainer by playing with a deck. That one dropped pretty quickly, but it's interesting to think about and I kinda find it a cool concept thinking about it as I write this.

Looking back through one of my old notebooks (and my notebooks are rarely filled up completely; there's only two I can think of that are filled up page-for-page, front and back), I found a question written on one of the pages that said "How can I get to the Mushroom Kingdom?" or something like that. I bashed said notebook against my head when I found that and asked myself if I'd really Googled that. (Thank Arceus I hadn't.) There was a phase where I was super into Mario, and I believed it was real and all that stuff.

If you haven't noticed a pattern yet, you'll find that I believed strongly in fictional characters from the games I played. I had a wild imagination back then (and I still do), and I used to think everything was real. And nowadays, my imagination is being used for writing stories about people being stalked and a seven-year old watching his parents die before getting shot and being pinned for said murder. Whee!
I also kinda wish my own characters were real, but I'm not insistent that they exist. It's just wishful thinking.

There's probably something in that list I missed, which is fine since I don't remember everything.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
My uncle told me that if I ate apple seeds, I'd turn into an apple tree.

I believed him for years and actually cried when I accidentally ate an apple seed.

ImDaBanana

The real world Nanab Berry!
I used to believe (i don't know my age anymore) that our bodies were filled with blood, and we didn't have any meat. I thought meat was only to be eaten and we don't eat other humans, so we had no meat. Or something like this, i only remember me thinking blood was free in our body, but i'm (and was) pretty smart so i'm only guessing the meat part of this story based on what i think i would do.

Jinjer

Aspiring Trainer
i used to live out in the country where there are lots of mountains, so back when i was like 3 or something i thought if you could climb a mountain at juuust the perfect time of the day you could reach the sun and give it a nice warm hug :D