Discussion What to play for the remaining State Championships?

I am going to play:
A. Some Toad deck
B. Vileplue/Vespiqueen
C. Griatina/Reshiram/Flareon
D.Reshiram/Flareon(testing)

would like feedback on what to play and lists and stuff.:D

Vileplume/Vespiquen has been preforming consistently well so I'd play that.

I know Night March is getting played with Vespiqueen to work around Joltik. My kiddo and I have been testing it, the only way around Night March that I have found is through Delinquent. I noticed a lot of decks are opting in on Hex and Xersoic instead of Delinquent. But ya, if your patient, delinquent tosses a monkey wrench in that deck. Delinquent, Enhance hammers, Startling Megaphone ran with Parallel city in any deck, will really really toss monkey wrenches into the deck.

You wouldn't happen to have a good Night March/Vespiquen hybrid deck list that operates on these principles? I'm running out of both deck ideas and time.

I have been playing Missouri states winning list, but I can't seem to consistently get a T1 vileplume. And sometimes I dead draw.

Well dead draw happens in every deck. But T1 vile isn't a sure thing. You should get it around 75% otherwise you may want to rethink your decklist :)

I play YZG and I have found that Parallel City is a decent counter to greninja break. If the Greninja Break player isn't playing any stadium you can limit them to only 3 benched pokemon which really hurts their setup.

You wouldn't happen to have a good Night March/Vespiquen hybrid deck list that operates on these principles? I'm running out of both deck ideas and time.

No, I'm Sorry. My current NM deck really just operates around the same principles everybody else is using. I have nothing to offer. Honestly, unless there is a card in the next set (Mew), possibly, I think it will come down to the draws and play style.

No, I'm Sorry. My current NM deck really just operates around the same principles everybody else is using. I have nothing to offer. Honestly, unless there is a card in the next set (Mew), possibly, I think it will come down to the draws and play style.

Which is what? I've been out of the loop for so long I hardly know anything.

And now I'm having problems with Garchomp decks online. Is there anything that does well against both Garchomp decks and Trevenant decks? I'm totally at my wit's end here, and States is but a few days away. YZG is failing me now, I can't get it to work at all.

Don't worry about trevenant its not that good. As for gar chomp there's: Vespiquen/Vileplume, YGZ, Mega Ray, Frogs and Trees.

Which is what? I've been out of the loop for so long I hardly know anything.

And now I'm having problems with Garchomp decks online. Is there anything that does well against both Garchomp decks and Trevenant decks? I'm totally at my wit's end here, and States is but a few days away. YZG is failing me now, I can't get it to work at all.

Oh, don't worry about online play, decks play a bit different , and trainers play all kinds of crazy things online. Your best bet is to test it at a local league and see how it runs. Right now, there is really no single hugely dominant play in decks. I mean NM is good, but it is nothing like MewTwo/Dark Rai/Siesmitoad of yester year. That is what I mean by play style and cards, every top tier deck has a bit of up and down to it. Also, match ups are a big deal at States too. If you pull 3 Manetric decks, which is likely, you could do well with Garchomp. Good Luck! :0)

Don't worry about trevenant its not that good. As for gar chomp there's: Vespiquen/Vileplume, YGZ, Mega Ray, Frogs and Trees.

My problems with Vespiquen/Vileplume is it doesn't do nearly enough damage to OHKO EX's and is vulnerable to removal. YGZ has a clumsy setup (how do you get it to set up better?) and is vulnerable to Garchomp. I'm not sure what Mega Ray even plays anymore - does it still play Bronzong? I can't play Frogs or Trees becuse I don't have all the cards. Some more recent decklists would be much appreciated.

I'm just looking for a deck that will do well against just about everything, that's all.

Mega Ray plays 2 Hoopa and 4 Shaymin, got deep pockets?
Better hope you can play an escape rope or Lysandre turn 1 so you can get that pesky Wobbuffet out of active and go digging for DCE and Mega Turbo. Still think that deck is outrageously good. Manectric doesn't get set up when you go second and hit two Hoopas, but I absolutely refuse to afford that deck. Item lock would ruin you.
I'd run Trevenant Break, you might lose to turn 1 Vileplume, but they lack a good attacker. Lots of YZG might suck, but it's still pretty 50.50: they can't really go for it under item lock. Either way gauranteed after your first turn, they are item locked. It's a brutal deck. Sprea d damage, switchable ability lock from Wobbuffet. The whole idea that it's defeated by Shaymin cycling is bogus: run Judge and Head Ringer both stop the Shaymin cycle.
I hate that stupid deck.
Actually, both of those bother me.
I like the idea of Greninja Break, Shadow Stitching is a potent attack.
I dunno, I might try Mega Man . Garbodor with a Jolteon EX. Ability lock is really good, but those damn fighting decks. . . at least Jolteon can stop Lucario and Hawlucha, just not sure how popular Garchomp will be.
I am dying to figure out some idea.
How about Bronzong, Dialga, Aegislash, Zoroark, Toad?
yeah. . . lols, with a maxie's garchomp to get back my DCE. . .

Last edited:
Does anybody have any clues on how to make a YZG deck set up better or fare better vs. Garchomp? Or a way to help Vespiquen/Vileplume get enough in the discard pile before attacking as well as recover from disruption? Just trying to find something here....

I have been playing Missouri states winning list, but I can't seem to consistently get a T1 vileplume. And sometimes I dead draw.
Dude what states are you going to because I wanna go to Delaware but dad isn't taking me so I wonder

Mega Ray plays 2 Hoopa and 4 Shaymin, got deep pockets?
Better hope you can play an escape rope or Lysandre turn 1 so you can get that pesky Wobbuffet out of active and go digging for DCE and Mega Turbo. Still think that deck is outrageously good. Manectric doesn't get set up when you go second and hit two Hoopas, but I absolutely refuse to afford that deck. Item lock would ruin you.
I'd run Trevenant Break, you might lose to turn 1 Vileplume, but they lack a good attacker. Lots of YZG might suck, but it's still pretty 50.50: they can't really go for it under item lock. Either way gauranteed after your first turn, they are item locked. It's a brutal deck. Sprea d damage, switchable ability lock from Wobbuffet. The whole idea that it's defeated by Shaymin cycling is bogus: run Judge and Head Ringer both stop the Shaymin cycle.
I hate that stupid deck.
Actually, both of those bother me.
I like the idea of Greninja Break, Shadow Stitching is a potent attack.
I dunno, I might try Mega Man . Garbodor with a Jolteon EX. Ability lock is really good, but those damn fighting decks. . . at least Jolteon can stop Lucario and Hawlucha, just not sure how popular Garchomp will be.
I am dying to figure out some idea.
How about Bronzong, Dialga, Aegislash, Zoroark, Toad?
yeah. . . lols, with a maxie's garchomp to get back my DCE. . .
I didn't see a lot of garchomp at my states *NJ.
I don't think there were any at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Back