Help What to pair with Altaria GX?

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
After looking over all the cards being released in Celestial Storm and the amount of Dragon support it'll get, I wanted to make a deck with Altaria GX. There are 2 main reasons as to why I would want to build around it:

-Haven't played a Dragon deck before, so it'll be a new and exciting challenge
-It's first move prevents damage from attacks from EX and GX Pokemon, which is awesome!

As I'm starting to come up with an idea for a decklist, my biggest roadblock I've hit is which Pokemon do I pair it with? Altaria GX's moves cost [Y] [C] and [Y] [W] [C], so I was leaning more toward Fariy (like Gardevoir or Sylveon GX)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! :D

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
This may sound funny. But Zoroark-GX.

Gives you the draw power you need as well as a way to OHKO Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
My initial thoughts were to pair it with Geomancy Xerneas as a means of getting energy on the board and then finish off with Altaria.
I feel like Fairy has a lot of Pokémon that let you search through your deck to get out Pokémon as well like Diancie (for evolution) and Dedenne.
Lastly, I've thought about playing Altaria with disruption cards like Garb/wink wink Sylveon or even throw in a few water and utilize Tapu Fini or Articuno's GX attack instead of euphoria gx

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
To tell you the truth, does it even need a partner? I think having another core attacker would reduce the use or whole point of spamming Altaria's first attack to get this prevention in the first place. The rest of your Pokemon can be techs, I'll note a few:

-Latios Prism Star as your Swablu's evolve (probably not worth DCE just for that one Pokemon though, so energy acceleration is still weird).
-Latias Prism Star to charge your Swablus / Altarias so that you can use the first move from one manual energy attachment for each of them.
-Shining Mew if you desperately need the energy acceleration and if you're willing to use Rainbow Energy
-Giratina (PR XY184) If you're building this for Worlds Format / before everything rotates against BKP Greninja
-Tapu Lele-GX because it's Lele.
-Sylveon-GX I believe only if you have a way to go first turn; use Sylveon-GX to charge, then second turn; charge the Altaria up and attack.

Have your set of energies and make the rest of your deck a versatile list of trainers 2012-style.

Articuno_Aria

-Latios Prism Star as your Swablu's evolve (probably not worth DCE just for that one Pokemon though, so energy acceleration is still weird).
-Latias Prism Star to charge your Swablus / Altarias so that you can use the first move from one manual energy attachment for each of them.
-Shining Mew if you desperately need the energy acceleration and if you're willing to use Rainbow Energy
-Giratina (PR XY184) If you're building this for Worlds Format / before everything rotates against BKP Greninja
-Tapu Lele-GX because it's Lele.
-Sylveon-GX I believe only if you have a way to go first turn; use Sylveon-GX to charge, then second turn; charge the Altaria up and attack.

-I already have Lele and Latios prism in my build, and I had considered Sylveon GX or jut a straight Altaria GX build. I'm planning on building it post rotation, so I won't need Giratina

Articuno_Aria

Altaria and Articuno GX sounds like an interesting idea! So many good potential partners it'll be hard to decide lol

decks 101

Aspiring Trainer
I made a Altaria deck that is post rotation. I did not rely sometimes on a partner so here it is

1 latios prism
1 volcanion prism
1 marshadow (let loose)
1 Tapu lele (non gx)
1 Altaria (fight song)
3 altaria gx
4 swablu
12 Pokemon

4 mysterious treasure
4 nest ball
1 rescue stretcher
4 dragon talon