What Supporter effects would you like to see/ return?

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
So N was confirmed to be reprinted recently and I was just thinking about how it seems strange to bring back that supporter. On the other hand I really liked the reprint of Judge and some of the new weirder supporters such as Giovanni's.
So I was wondering, what sort of supporters would you like to see get reprinted, or any new effects which you think the tcg is lacking? For me, I would like to see an effect that moves energies or tools around. Perhaps:

"Move 1 energy or tool card from one of your pokemon to another of your pokemon."

I dunno who the trainer would be to represent it, but thats my idea :T Anyone got any others?

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
I don't like how they are basically reprinting every single card. It makes the game seem like its the same even with a format rotation.
What I'd like would be new supporters with interesting effects (like Delinquent).

Maybe these could be interesting?
1. Until the end of your turn, when you Mega Evolve 1 of your Pokemon from your hand, your turn does not end.
2. Search your deck for a Stadium and Energy card, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
3. Choose Sleep, Poison or Burn. The Defending Pokemon is now affected by that Special Condition.
4. Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard an Energy Card attached to the Defending Pokemon

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
I don't like how they are basically reprinting every single card. It makes the game seem like its the same even with a format rotation.
What I'd like would be new supporters with interesting effects (like Delinquent).

Maybe these could be interesting?
1. Until the end of your turn, when you Mega Evolve 1 of your Pokemon from your hand, your turn does not end.
2. Search your deck for a Stadium and Energy card, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
3. Choose Sleep, Poison or Burn. The Defending Pokemon is now affected by that Special Condition.
4. Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard an Energy Card attached to the Defending Pokemon
That would be awesome! (Number 4 and 2) 2 is like steven but better. (My opinion).

redwater

Aspiring Trainer
Supporter like rare candy but can be used on the first turn.
Oak new theory. Shuffle your hand and draw 6
Castaway. Search your deck for a Supporter card, a Pokémon Tool card, and a basic Energy card. Show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Charon's Choice. Search your deck for any Rotom and switch it with any Rotom you have in play. Any cards attached to Rotom and damage counters on it are now on the new Pokémon. (Remove all Special Conditions and effects from Rotom.) Put Rotom on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
Some I'd REALLY like to see would be:

• Pokemon Breeder: Until the end of your turn, each of your Pokemon can evolve even if they came into play this turn.
  • Tate and Liza: Look at the top 6 cards of your deck, choose 3 of them, and put them into your hand. Put the other 3 on the bottom of your deck in any order.

There could be some fun ones for different characters or trainer classes too!
  • Hiker: "Put a Stadium card from your discard pile into play." or "Put 2 Stadium cards from your discard pile into your hand."
  • Ninja Boy: "Switch your Active Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon. Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused." or "Switch your Active Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX) and flip a coin. If heads, prevent all damage done to the new Active Pokemon by attacks during your opponent's next turn."
  • Veteran/Norman: "Until the end of your opponent's next turn, each Pokemon in play has no Weakness. (This includes cards that come into play on that turn.)"
  • Street Thug: "If you have a Stadium card in play, your Pokémon’s attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If your opponent has a Stadium card in play, discard an Energy attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon."
  • Pokemon Ranger: "If your opponent has 5 or more Benched Pokemon, choose 1 of them and return that Pokemon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand." (although I'd rather see this on a stage 1 ability)
  • Fossil Maniac: "Search your deck for a Restored Pokemon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."
  • Valerie: "Move as many [Y] Energy attached to your Pokémon to your other Pokémon in any way you like." or "Heal 20 damage from each of your Pokemon for each [Y] Energy attached to that Pokemon."
  • Wattson: "Discard an Energy card from your hand. If you do, put an Item card from your discard pile into your hand."
  • Flannery: "During this turn, your [R] Pokemon’s attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance)."

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I've always wanted to see one based on the Day Care people. Search your deck for a Basic pokemon that evolves into a stage 2 pokemon you have in play. Put it onto your bench.

EDIT: I got a lot of mileage out of pokemon trader while playing TCGBA the other day. Reprint that.

Last edited:

Tepig4321

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
A supporter where it would be, both players shuffle their hands into their decks and draw how many cards the other person had

The_Samurott_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Some I'd REALLY like to see would be:

• Pokemon Breeder: Until the end of your turn, each of your Pokemon can evolve even if they came into play this turn.
  • Tate and Liza: Look at the top 6 cards of your deck, choose 3 of them, and put them into your hand. Put the other 3 on the bottom of your deck in any order.
There could be some fun ones for different characters or trainer classes too!
  • Hiker: "Put a Stadium card from your discard pile into play." or "Put 2 Stadium cards from your discard pile into your hand."
  • Ninja Boy: "Switch your Active Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon. Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused." or "Switch your Active Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX) and flip a coin. If heads, prevent all damage done to the new Active Pokemon by attacks during your opponent's next turn."
  • Veteran/Norman: "Until the end of your opponent's next turn, each Pokemon in play has no Weakness. (This includes cards that come into play on that turn.)"
  • Street Thug: "If you have a Stadium card in play, your Pokémon’s attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If your opponent has a Stadium card in play, discard an Energy attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon."
  • Pokemon Ranger: "If your opponent has 5 or more Benched Pokemon, choose 1 of them and return that Pokemon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand." (although I'd rather see this on a stage 1 ability)
  • Fossil Maniac: "Search your deck for a Restored Pokemon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."
  • Valerie: "Move as many [Y] Energy attached to your Pokémon to your other Pokémon in any way you like." or "Heal 20 damage from each of your Pokemon for each [Y] Energy attached to that Pokemon."
  • Wattson: "Discard an Energy card from your hand. If you do, put an Item card from your discard pile into your hand."
  • Flannery: "During this turn, your [R] Pokemon’s attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance)."
Flannery, Valerie, Tate and Liza,etc will be pretty competitive in this Metagame(Houndoom, Fairies, etc)

Otaku

The wise fool?
I would like an errata for Professor Juniper, Professor Sycamore and Professor Oak to change the card name to just "Professor". Now they can give us alternate art reprints with the various other Professor characters, Unlimited takes one tiny step towards being a real format again, and we get rid of the silly, overly complicated rule about only being allowed to run Professor Juniper or Professor Sycamore and not both in the same deck; this way whichever Professor you use, it is just four allowed. ;)

I would also like to see a significant revision for Imposter Professor Oak; instead of the original's effect:

Your opponent shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck, then draws seven cards.
so that it now reads

Your opponent discards his or her hand, then draws seven new cards.
Seven cards might be too much, but four or five would be fine. Yes, it is better for your opponent to only draw four or five because this is a massive boost to mill.