Pokemon What Pokemon has the coolest and dumbest name?

Pansage is clearly the coolest pokemon name. Blatantly obvious.

As for the bad ones, Purugly and Tepig are pretty terrible imo.

The legendary birds, just due to the spanish in them. When I first realized it my little head imploded.

mastermagpie said:
I've always found Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam a very clever and funny bunch of names!

I like them too. The English versions at least. Thanks to Kadabra we have Abra that evolve into Alakazam in the TCG.

If I had to choose a favorite: Bulbasaur. Not a great name but it was my starter and I loved to hear it in the anime.
When it comes to the dumbest...Serperior and Rhyperior, those two together are the ultimate stupidity in name picking.
And being dumb because of its difficulty to spell/write: Exeggcute, Exeggcutor and Cofagrigus (I only managed to spell this last one after seeing the anime!)

Sudowoodo annoys me for some reason. I'm also rather fond of the name Surskit. I like repeating it in my head sometimes. Surskit, Surksit, Surskit.

Dumbest names are probably Mewtwo or Hoothoot. They're too generic.

As for the best names... Excadrill, Ho-oh, Riolu/Lucario, Zoroark off the top of my head.

I find Ho-oh pretty funny, since you can't say its name backwards. If anybody can, I dare you.

Back