Discussion What Pokemon Card Has The Most Words?

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
I've just returned to the world of Pokemon and have begun collecting cards that have interesting or unique mechanics (e.g. Lost World, Power Spray, Fliptini, Regigigas Lv. X, etc.), cards that have contributions to the competitive game, or cards with artwork I find appealing. Anyway, this question came to my mind, what Pokemon card has the most words on it? To keep things simple, only attack/ability names and effects should count toward word count. This would exclude the pokemon's name, retreat cost, weakness, resistance, pokedex entry, special rules, evolution information, etc. So far, the best I've found is Bronzong SF.

Torterra SF
BronzongStormfront13.jpg

Poké-BODY: Cursed Alloy
As long as Bronzong is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has any Poké-Powers between turns.

[-] Pain Amplifier
Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokémon that already has damage counters on it

[P][C][C] Coating: 60
During your opponent’s next turn, any damage done to Bronzong by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Bronzong SF has 130 words, but are there any other cards with more? (Dusknoir Lv. X has 111)

Also, feel free to share other cards (regardless of word count) cards with particularly interesting attributes and mechanics,

Last edited:
Not the most words on a card, but maybe the longest attack/ability?: Brock's Ninetales has a 92 words long Pokémon Power.
Togetic from Neo Genesis has 112 words. In the Neo era there are a lot of cards with 90-110 words, but none with more than 112 as far as I know.
After that there generally was less text, only in the DP/Platinum era, when 3 attacks+abilities were introduced again, I can imagine you find more and you already did.

Back