Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

Dear PCL

Enough with those HP power creep. Bring back ex (3rd gen) hp creep for 2 prize bonus

Like im ok with a 25% increase from a normal but 50% or double? Hellll noooo. Eitherways i want a Mew GX

I want to see Pyukumuku as a GX card in the future! Although Pyukumuku looks disgusting and isn't used that often, I think PCL can turn Pyukumuku into something that can be used competitively in TCG!

Off the wall- but I'd like to see a Mega pokemon get a GX. Just because megas cant use z moves in the video games doesnt mean we couldnt see a mega GX in the tcg. Make one mega gx per set and only HR, make it super duper rare, and give it a gold finish instead of the silver on current HR.

As a collector, all the Hyper Rares now just de-values them in my opinion. Gumshoos got a HR. I need a new level of rare that stands out from the pack, not just more of the same

I think that Pidgeot is a pretty popular pokemon which hasn't had a good card in a long time. It was pretty much the original flying type, along with fearow and their previous evolutions (fearow would be great too), so it is well known to older players, and anything that flies can be drawn to look cool for little kids. (well, really anything at all can be drawn so that it looks cool to little kids... if it says "Pokemon," kids will buy it.)

Golem is a pretty neat and tanky looking pokemon, and frankly I don't even know if it's EVER had a good card. I'll also second Kabutops as being a freakin' awesome pokemon who needs more love.

I would also like to see a Keckleon GX and a Smeargle GX, because I can imagine they would have such great synergy. Keckleon's GX attack or ability would probably have something to do with manipulating your pokemon's types, and we all know Smeargle would have trace as it's first attack... so they would copy any attack and then hit for weakness.

Rhyperior GX is fine for me.

I guess let's give Megas a GX, maybe it'll reach 300 HP, if it happens

I feel like a golem gx would be nice(alolan or regular), as long as it's playable. It's a great pokemon but is horrible when introduced to tcg. Donphan, arbok, and ditto would be interesting. I'm sure they have data on which pokemon are sought after outside of the usual, overused pokemon.

I prefer tech cards over powerful attacks, so maybe a Whimsicott GX? Maybe a Sableye GX, too.

I would like to see a Gourgeist GX. There have only been two Gourgeist cards ever printed. And it is my favorite pokemon.

I'd love to see the forgotten ones see a GX. The ones under my radar are:

-Venusaur-GX - There needs to be some incentive to have a Bulbasaur card printed since Dark Explorers.
-Milotic-GX - Sure, Primal Clash has it, but I can't believe no enhanced EX has been made for it.
-Regigigas-GX - I think they don't give much justice to this one since the Promo version, which was only for show.
-Meloetta-GX Fighting - All the wonderful ideas you could do with this one, and the fighting form has never gotten an EX at all.
-M Banette-GX - If GX is the future, This one hasn't even been released in card form at all! So much potential wasted...

Probably a lot more to add, including so many unreleased megas.

I would really like an Yveltal GX because it is my favorite Pokemon and i want it based on the Yveltal EX because it is a really good card to have

I'd like Scrafty GX personally. The Scraggy line is fairly popular due to the anime but it's only had a small selection of cards in the TCG and hasn't had one in over 3 years in English. I definitely believe that Scrafty has a "cool and tough" appeal for kids and is a well-liked Pokemon in general.

Get ready everybody, I have an opinion on this…

Top 5 (in case you get overwhelmed):

Volcarona GX: An awesome looking Pokemon that’s great in the video games (and is almost treated with Legendary status, as you’re able to go to a temple and catch a very powerful one). It has Fiery Dance and Quiver Dance which raise stats as its signature moves, so perhaps an ability that accelerates energy along with a Keldeo EX-style attack would be fitting. Definitely has popularity and no Ultra Rare cards yet in the TCG.

Milotic GX: Another unique pokemon. It’s had some very interesting cards in the TCG, but never an ultra rare! (except for a shiny one time I think) Definitely has quite a bit of popularity and appeal. Probably would be best as a supportive/healing focused pokemon (maybe something really powerful that makes healing viable!)

Flygon GX: A fantastically designed pokemon. A dragon-fly / ant-lion. Maybe something similar to the Boundaries Crossed flygon that saw play. Or perhaps an Anti-GX/EX flygon, similar to how the Flygon LVX was). It’s had a history of tournament success in the TCG as well (and has interesting abilities and attacks), so I think it’s about time they brought it back!

Goodra GX: The pseudo legendary, the gooiest of all, needs ultra rare treatment! And with the new sligoo, he might actually be playable. That would be fantastic. He has such interesting cards that are juuuuust below being viable. And ash used him in the anime, so he's got that going for him as well.

Haxorus GX: So awesome and so popular. Why not an Ultra Rare? He’s had some really cool cards so I think he has huge potential. Very popular with the kiddies.

Others:

Gallade GX: People definitely love him, and he’s usually very playable. A Gardevoir-Gallade combination would be killer! And his Mega was disappointing every time I tried to make a deck, so for him to be competitive would be really cool.

Aegislash GX: We all love to hate him, and he needs a ghost type version! And they should DEFINITELY do something awesome with his Stance Change ability. I know they tried, but they just…failed…

Donphan GX: The only elephant pokemon! Hasn’t been printed in forever! Had some good competitive cards! Gen 2 Hype! It’s his time!

Claydol GX: Maybe bring back his GE card-draw ability? Or something of the same style? That would be really cool. Would be nice to have more viable Stage 1 card draw.

Togekiss GX: So cute! So fluffy! I’m gonna die! His EX is so bad…and no full art. I think people would appreciate this card.

Mamoswine GX: I think that would be badass. The last multi-evolution “herd of footprints” attack or whatever was really cool, maybe they could do something similar that was more playable.

Ferrothorn GX: He’s an absolute menace in the games. A really stall-y GX could be really cool and annoying.

Crobat GX: Really cool pokemon, big following especially after PF crobat had so much popularity. A GX would be awesome. Last ultra rare he got was a prime I think? Oh and that awful break

Themes/Trios/Sets:
Fossil GX (Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Tyrantrum): Bring back the fossil mechanic with a huge overhaul! Make it cool and maybe less item based so it’s more playable. Lots of awesome fossil pokemon and definitely worth having its own mechanic.

Entei GX/Raikou GX/Suicune GX: These would be AWESOME. Especially with all the Gen 2 hype right now. People would eat this up…especially suicune. Why the heck didn’t he get an EX??? He’s the most popular one.

Serperior GX/Samurott GX/Emboar GX: Why didn’t they get proper EX treatment? Makes no sense. They’re very cool. Some GX’s would be awesome and people love those guys.

Zapdos GX/Articuno GX/Moltres GX: Naturally an epic trio

Venusaur GX/Blastoise GX: Hey, if you’re gonna do charizard, do these ones too.

Alolan Golem GX/Alolan Marowak GX/Alolan Exeggutor GX/Alolan Sandslash GX/Alolan Raichu GX: Gotta do all the alolan forms! (except dugtrio. Stay away from Alolan Dugtrio GX. Although it would be pretty lolz…)

Last edited:
I really want Gothitelle GX with Magic Room ability (Item denial) from Emerging Powers.
I know that Psychics have a hard-time against Garbodor, so a powerful ability is important to even have a chance in the meta.
Also I think she will be a good rival to Gardevoir, since Gothitelle is "dark" contra Gardevoirs more light character, so have them mirror their cards layout with 1 Ability, Attack and GX attack would fit this rivalry.

Maybe an attack for 1 Psychic and 2 Colorless that does 110 damage and pulls up 1 item card from the discard pile to the hand.

GX attack could be: Put a GX or EX Pokémon from your deck to your bench?

Anyways, that is my hope. :)

WPM said:
Pokemon targets children mostly, and the Pokemon you suggest should be one that can sell a set or product. Mass appeal.

So, let me get this straight. You ask for suggestions of Pokémon that sell a lot and appeal to children BUT you complain about Charizard, Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc. getting a bunch cards. Pick one
Complaining that the most popular Pokémon get a lot of cards is futile as that is what is to be expected.

I'll leave my suggestion anyway: Ash-Greninja GX. Popular, particularly with kids, and while it's not on the anime anymore, in the games, it debuted in Sun & Moon. So it kinda makes sense.

I think that some I at least would like to see are:
Excadrill
Beedrill
Sharpedo
Lopunny
Mudsdale
Salamence
Arcanine
Alolan Sandslash
Talonflame
Luxray
Scolipede
Aegislash

I am going to start this off just diving right into the subject.

We as players, professors, and just fans of such a beautiful and long lasting franchise, one that began aimed at children that has now reached and extended itself over to intergenerational, do desire a switch and change of pace every so often. If it were in my hands I would choose at random 10 Pokemon that we as a team had in a pool and said, "These have not been chosen as a tcg card for a while. Let us select these ones for this expansion, or at least work them into several sets over the next year."

There are plenty of cards we have not seen as of lately, for years in that matter. Pokebeach itself mentioned Kabutops. Yes, it most definitely is one of the more popular and sought after fossil Pokemon due to its place in the first generation, but also the design has been appealing to users for quite some time. This is just an example, but hear me out on what I would truly recommend as I might impress you, or at least try to sound appealing myself.

The Pokemon I am about to name is not one I will be mentioning due to the high popularity and praise it has garnered over the years, especially the meme that followed and made it become an incredible superstar. This was my personal favorite Pokemon of the Kanto Region. Whenever as a child someone would ask me what my favorite Pokemon are if I could have them in real life I always responded, "Porygon" but there was one other. Even if I had to search my entire life to have it I strongly desired an Omanyte.

Yes, Lord Helix itself is quite the star in the recent years due to the meme that made it famous. I believe an Omastar-GX would prove to be quite popular, even if the card itself is not even useful.

Why would I want a card to come into existence if for the fact it could be unplayable due to the Restored Pokemon mechanic? Omastar-GX would sell, especially as a promotional Premium Collection card, due to the fact it is Lord Helix fully visualized. There would be plenty to own one just to be a part of the meme fully realized in person.

Fossil Pokemon are already very popular in their own right, but Omastar-GX has a lot going for it even if it is not real. There is a specific Omastar-GX fan card going around right now in posts as responses to those hoping to have their packs blessed and open good cards. I believe pulling in the fans of Omastar and Omanyte, the fans of the meme, the fans that would love to have fun and participate to allow it to grow even further would buy the Premium Collection Box it would come in by the cases.

How would this appeal to children? Well, there are plenty of children that already have been impressed and recently engaged with Omanyte and Omastar due to the release of Pokemon GO. There are also children that love the fossil Pokemon, and those that have parents who have already exposed them to the Lord Helix meme. Omastar is just a great Pokemon in general and brings a lot to the table in "sellability".

I understand that this may be extensive, but it does cover quite a few of the most important points of creating Omastar-GX. In ending I believe this would be a product that could be moved quickly and become a part of history.

So, let me get this straight. You ask for suggestions of Pokémon that sell a lot and appeal to children BUT you complain about Charizard, Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc. getting a bunch cards. Pick one
Complaining that the most popular Pokémon get a lot of cards is futile as that is what is to be expected.

I'll leave my suggestion anyway: Ash-Greninja GX. Popular, particularly with kids, and while it's not on the anime anymore, in the games, it debuted in Sun & Moon. So it kinda makes sense.
I think the only justification for doing that is if it was coming back in the anime. Normal Greninja, however, would work out.

i would say the general rule is those that have not had major cards or EX cards are the prime candidates. ESPECIALLY eliminating the ones that had more than 2 EX, or had EX in XY era. ill agree 4+ years wthout a major card for a beloved mon is a long time. the ones that jump out are the sinnoh starters, who did not get mega, EX OR BREAKS. i beleive they had level X but that is like 10 years ago now.
i think the "minor" legendaries need a bit more love too, the lake guarcians, the muscadeers, the legendary birds, dogs and golums.
another one is to be equal to groups. its like charizard got so many EX and megas, and venosaur and blastoise got less. i beleive emboar was the only unova starter to get an EX. the eeveeloutions (though i may not like them getting GX at all as they all had EX) should ALL have GX, or none of them.
also, i like what they did for crobat (or was it wobbufett?) BREAK where they did a poll. although i do also feel one done online and international
and finaly (and yes, this is a dicerct contradiction to all my other points) RAYQUAZA GX

Back