Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

Here are a couple I'd like to see (mainly based on some of my favourite Pokemon)

Gliscor-GX– Fighting - 200 HP
Stage 1 – Evolves from Gligar

Ability: Bamboozling Acrobatics
Once during your turn, you may leave both active Pokémon Confused.

[F][C][C] Skill Slash: 100 damage. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[F][F][F][C] Vicious Plummet-GX: 180 damage. Your opponent's active Pokémon is now Paralyzed. [You can't use more than one GX attack in a game.]

Pokémon-GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water×2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 1

Gliscor never gets much love in the TCG, at least good card wise. Let's change that.

Terrakion-GX - Fighting - 190 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Ultimate Protector
When you play this card from your hand onto your bench, you may move any number of damage counters from your other Pokémon to this Pokémon.

[F][C][C][C] Earth's Judgement: 190 damage. Discard all Special Energy attached to this Pokémon.

[F][F][F] Fissure-GX: Discard one of your opponent's benched Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX and all cards attached to it. [You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.]

Pokémon-GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Leaf x2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 3

Terrakion hasn't has a card since BW (IIRC), so would be amazing to see it make a resurgance.

I know that Vaporeon is already pretty loved in the tcg, but I would still really love an awesome Vaporeon GX. Not only because it's my favorite Pokemon but because Espeon, Umbreon and Sylveon have already gotten GX's. And of course, it would be awesome to see Flareon and Jolteon GX alongside it. Would give more use to the energy evolution eevee, too!
I think it is quite probable that there will be the Eevee Bros Eeveelution GXs in the future. What about Glaceon and Leafeon GX?

I would love Ampharos GX. It could be very marketable, as Ampharos is both cute and cool,like Pikachu. Scizor GX would also be a very cool card, because it's a popular Pokemon with a great design.

I would like to see Comfey GX, Alartia GX, Sharpedo Gx and or Dhelmise GX, these are my favorite and I think Dhelmise could have a really cool ability like being a grass type and having an attach when each metal energy attached increases the attack damage or something

I'd love it to be turned on its head, how about more pre evolution GX? Like we have had a Pikachu GX in the Team Rocket set how about Bulbasaur GX or little more realistic i'd love a Syther/Pinsir or Magmar GX especially those Pokemon not even evolved until later Gen's?

OR what about mega GX? more megas are coming to ultra sun and ultra Moon so could we see Mega GX?
When did they confirm megas for US/UM? And Pikachu gets special treatment for being the mascot. Not to mention Bulbasaur is the first of a three stage evolutionary line, and Pikachu is the middle man for it's evo line.

I really want to see Arceus-GX. Arceus is a Pokemon that gets lots of hype but hasn't seen a card (excluding a few random promos) in multiple years. I also think it should be somewhat playable because in all honesty I have never seen even one playable Arceus card. If not that, a really overpowered Greninja-GX would be awesome! Greninja is one of my favorite starters by far. Plus it only has 2 cards in the TCG, so it's not like we're getting spammed with Greninja cards.
5 including the BREAK. The XY one, the XY Kalos starter kit one, the dark type promo, and the breakpoint one. Actually 7 if you want to count both of the garbage EXs

why not Arceus-GX :^) The only Big thing about Arceus in pokemon TCG is that he never has a big card that's really good. Sure you can make him playable but he's never gotten a EX and I think they just don't make it because they don't want to mess him up to the point were he's just there for art. There was that cool ability or whatever on the old Arceus cards that let you have as many as you want in a deck and with the Lv.X it was not half bad. (in my opinion) If they could make a good playable Arceus card it would be nice again but it might not be for awhile it's cool that there is a God pokemon but it's not that good that he can't even have a good card ;_; Well after most of that being me just repeating my self have a good day and/or wonderful night.

Zoroark GX
Blastoise GX
Alolan Raichu GX
Scizor GX
Jolteon GX
Flareon GX
Vaporeon GX
Typhlosion GX
Sceptile GX
Reshiram GX
Gallade GX
Warlord GX (350 hp XD)
Infernape GX
Lugia GX (Lugia love)
Tyranitar GX
Flygon GX
Salamence GX
Alolan Exeggutor GX
Shining Noctowl GX (For shining legends)
Delphox GX
Greninja GX
Lucario GX
I think I said too much XD

Zapdos is my favorite Pokemon, so there's that. The entire legendary bird line would be amazing, or legendary dog line (Raikou, Entei, Suicune). I know they'll probably only do one, or two and leave one out, as usual.

I'd also love to see (simply because I love these Pokemon):

-Any ultra beasts (coming soon for sure)
-Kabutops (probably never gonna happen)
-Gallade (STOP with the Gardevoir already)
-Mew
-Blastoise and Venusaur (again, enough with only Charizard!)
-Togekiss
-Porygon-Z (where is the Porygon love?)
-Gengar
-Aerodactyl
-Electivire/Magmortar
-Haxorus
-Tyrantrum
-Araquanid (I love this little guy)
-Jolteon/Flareon/Vaporeon

Or just anything new and not reusing the same thing over and over again.

I would love to see an Arcanine GX card (preferably playable). It is in the 12th most popular Pokemon of all time (according to IGN). He is also one of the most competitive Pokemon in the VGC, further adding to his recognition. On top of that, there could also be some amazing art work that could be done with him (just imagine his flowing mane on a beautiful full art card). Arcanine never received an EX card, which is pretty disappointing considering he is a fan favorite. He is also called "The Legendary Pokemon", so maybe he makes an appearance in Shining Legends?

As I already have a GX card, I would have to go with Castform GX. A weather-based ability could give the card unique features that could get it to shine in the TCG despite being overshadowed in the VGC.
It's also often forgotten, and really only printed once every 8 years

Dusknoir GX: It's a really neat pokemon that hasn't been explored since Boundaries Crossed
Magnezone GX: again a cool Pokemon who hasn't seen much use recently (Magnezone Prime style reprint please)
Bisharp GX: it hasn't had an ultra rare and is strong in the video games

I think it is quite probable that there will be the Eevee Bros Eeveelution GXs in the future. What about Glaceon and Leafeon GX?

Heh, I ended up trying to post that as fast as I could since I was excited. I would love to see Leafeon and Glaceon GX too!

YES SO GLAD THIS IS A THING!!! It's great to feel heard!

First and foremost I am just going to list what I would like and then I will explain why!
  • Dhelmise GX
  • Alolan Marowak GX
  • Alolan Exeggutor GX
  • Scizor GX
  • Flygon GX
  • Lucario GX
  • Tyrantrum GX

And now why:
  1. Dhelmise GX- over and over pokemon has created pokemon with unusual and largely fanfiction based stories around it. These Pokémon are usually ghost type and despite being staple awesome pokemon with intended ambiguous story lines, never really got a chance to show themselves as cards. At least not in a big enough way.
  2. Alolan Marowak GX- This Pokémon is also a staple for the reason of its prevolution Cubone. like I said with Dhelmise these Pokémon often receive a lot of neglect, and despite Alolan Marowak being practically a brand NEW Pokémon it got less attention than Alolan Golem. This Pokémon is awesome with the amount of thought that goes into its origin revolving around its dead mother
  3. Alolan Exeggutor GX- Come on Pokémon, if you're gonna make a meme, make a card too! All the new Alolan forms deserve a card because it is a brand new concept brought into the pokemon universe and who doesn't love the derpy exeggutor!
  4. Scizor GX- I feel like its fitting to have this with the new Pokémon Go update and current nostalgia buffs, plus I remember when I was super young, that Scizor was one of the COOLEST POKEMON EVER!! So you could fo sho get the attention of yournger kids with this.
  5. Flygon GX-hasn't seen a card in forever, in fact there are entire cults (lol) of people who still want mega Flygon, hes also the desert spirit Pokémon which is pretty cool.
  6. Lucario GX- I don't need to explain why he is a signature pokemon but he is. And kids will go crazy for him.
  7. Tyrantrum GX- He's a dragon type Trex kids love him and he is worth looking into.
My honorable mentions
  • Ferrothorn GX
  • Ludicolo GX
  • Araquanid GX
  • Torterra GX
  • Infernape GX
  • Empoleon GX
  • GLiscor GX
    Garchomp GX
  • Luxray GX

I would like to see a Goodra-GX because it is the ONLY pseudo legendary without an EX or GX. I also think that Goodra is a fan favorite Pokémon that everyone has grown to love. And another Pokémon I would love to see is Slowking-GX because we got Slowbro-EX and M Slowbro-EX but never got a Slowking. And for the last one, I would love to have a PLAYABLE Arceus-GX just because Arceus is SO COOL!!!

Back