XY What legends are required to get Shiny Charm?

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Figured since somehow getting Moltres and Zapdos thru GTS by trading typical Nincada's. What Legendary Pokemon absolutely have to be in the Pokedex as caught to receive Shiny Charm?

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I got the Shiny charm after I got 718 Pokemon (A completed Dex) Not sure if certain Pokemon are required or a certain amount. Might have to complete the X/Y dex. That is only 68 Pokemon but that is not easy as it sounds though.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Might as well just do the whole dex. It is better to do the whole dex than exclude because you might miss one and you will not know which one. As I said just do it all XD.:)

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
All but these:
Arceus
Celebi
Darkrai
Deoxys
Genesect
Keldeo
Manaphy
Meloetta
Mew
Phione
Shaymin
Jirachi
Victini

Hmm Well getting Latias and Latios will be tough but as the old internet saying goes... Challenge Accepted!

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
The-Kaiser said:
Figured since somehow getting Moltres and Zapdos thru GTS by trading typical Nincada's. What Legendary Pokemon absolutely have to be in the Pokedex as caught to receive Shiny Charm?

All non-event exclusive Legendary...which are those that AlexandertheAwesome already listed.

Starcross

Ask me about my modest Raltses
Tuoko said:
Phione is actually needed for the National Dex.

Phione's definitely not needed, at least in my experience. (I got the Shiny Charm without a Phione.) A minimum of 705 Pokemon are needed for the Shiny Charm if you have no event Pokes at all, but most folks will probably have the Pokebank Celebi, so remember to take that into account when calculating how many you've got left. Good luck!

Tuoko

Aspiring Trainer
Huh... I'll check that out in Y (when I get my live dex back). I've seen some say it's needed and some say it's not qq

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
No it is not needed. You only need everything minus those 12 Pokemon. If you want to be sure just get all 718 Pokemon XD.:)