Pokemon What Kind of a Gym Leader Would You Be?

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
RE: What kind of a Gym Leader would you be?

@MountainDrew: If I had to challenge you, my first move would be setting up Stealth Rock... Much easier fight...

Reggie McGigas

-

Pineapple X said:
I love your ideas guys, keep it up! Bear in mind though, some are pretty OP considering you're only gym leaders. ;D

My Registeel reminds you he is under used.

I could be worse

Dialga lv 100
Registeel lv 100
Genesect lv 100
Metagross lv 100
Arceus Steel lv 102

encounter:
Imma kick yo butt
first hit:
lol
final pokemon:
noooooo wayyyyy
win:
u suck get better and stuff
lose:
u cheater stop using action replay and pokegen

Bashamo

The Original Fire Fighter!

Reggie McGigas said:
Pineapple X said:
I love your ideas guys, keep it up! Bear in mind though, some are pretty OP considering you're only gym leaders. ;D

My Registeel reminds you he is under used.

I could be worse

Dialga lv 100
Registeel lv 100
Genesect lv 100
Metagross lv 100
Arceus Steel lv 102

encounter:
Imma kick yo butt
first hit:
lol
final pokemon:
noooooo wayyyyy
win:
lose:

I think he was referring to others who have 5 lv.30+ pokes on their teams. Gym leaders have 4 or less.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Metalizard said:
@MountainDrew: If I had to challenge you, my first move would be setting up Stealth Rock... Much easier fight...
Not to mention Cahrizard would get destroyed by it

ii defy

Aspiring Trainer

Sky Pillar said:
I think he was referring to others who have 5 lv.30+ pokes on their teams. Gym leaders have 4 or less.

Fair enough.
I feel that the gym leaders should be harder though as if you have a type advantage then it's pretty easy to beat them.
2 instances come to mind. One during emerald where I was facing the last gym (Water/dragon if memory serves) still using Water and fire pokemon. It took a while but using the most powerful move in a battle against them is easy. The second being during pokemon pearl using Infernape as the first pokemon in my party no matter what yet still managing to beat the elite four with only 2 pokemon vaguely at the same level as the E4 member.
But then again the player might not be able to keep up and this is kind of a "ideal" team.

I think another reason is some of the better moves are only learnt at a higher level so it's the best way to use them. (Don't some gym leaders use moves/ evolutions that the pokemon aren't high enough level for?)

I want more OP gym leaders....They had to be strong enough to become a gym leader. They need to show their power!

Pineapple X

former local demigod

Reggie McGigas said:
I could be worse

Dialga lv 100
Registeel lv 100
Genesect lv 100
Metagross lv 100
Arceus Steel lv 102

encounter:
Imma kick yo butt
first hit:
lol
final pokemon:
noooooo wayyyyy
win:
lose:

Ermahgeerd, he be haxing. xD That sounds like some 9 year old kid who just learned how to use Action Replay. (pretty much me 4 years ago :3)

Bashamo

The Original Fire Fighter!

ii defy said:
Sky Pillar said:

Fair enough.
I feel that the gym leaders should be harder though as if you have a type advantage then it's pretty easy to beat them.
2 instances come to mind. One during emerald where I was facing the last gym (Water/dragon if memory serves) still using Water and fire pokemon. It took a while but using the most powerful move in a battle against them is easy. The second being during pokemon pearl using Infernape as the first pokemon in my party no matter what yet still managing to beat the elite four with only 2 pokemon vaguely at the same level as the E4 member.
But then again the player might not be able to keep up and this is kind of a "ideal" team.

I think another reason is some of the better moves are only learnt at a higher level so it's the best way to use them. (Don't some gym leaders use moves/ evolutions that the pokemon aren't high enough level for?)

I want more OP gym leaders....They had to be strong enough to become a gym leader. They need to show their power!
You have to realize this game is targeted for a pretty young audience. The gyms are easy but that's why the most recent games offered a challenge mode (though it's stupid that you have to beat black 2 first).

The gyms in recent years have gotten a bit more challenging though still easy. For example: my haxorus swept drayden w/o taking damage. My Serperior swept Marlon w/o reaching red bar.
But I had difficulty with Burgh because my starter was at a disadvantage and Clay's high att and def pokemon made it hard for me to even survive without using 1-2 potions.

The gyms could be harder if the teams had more dual-types that didn't share weaknesses, for example, Volkner gets swept by ground-types but Juan has more team diversity so you'll be forced to switch at least once (Kingdra can wall electric and grass-types)

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer

How about creating gym leaders based on Egg Groups, not Types? They'd still have themes, but diversity and challenge too.

Pineapple X

former local demigod

Sheodon said:
How about creating gym leaders based on Egg Groups, not Types? They'd still have themes, but diversity and challenge too.

That's actually quite a cool idea. Ditto and Grimer in the 1st gym ftw! :3

Dialkia198

Too lazy to put something new here

I think I'll just copy and paste one of mine from the other thread.

I would be an Ice Type leader.
Despite what you think, this Ice gym actually DOESN'T have sliding puzzles! Instead, the gym is an icy cave. Every now and then, you would either come to a chasm and would have to use Rock Smash on the wall so that giant icicles would fall from the ceiling and create a path, or climb on a toboggan Calvin and Hobbes style and press either left or right to avoid obstacles. Right before the gym leader, there would be a gate made completely out of ice. To open it, you would have to get the right code sequence, which is the number of times you did the different puzzles - Icicle Bridge-crafting, Ponyta Racing, and Toboggan Running (7, 0, 9) and then you could battle the gym leader.

His team:
Sealeo level 36@Chesto Berry
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Body Slam
~Rest

Froslass level 38
~Shadow Ball
~Water Pulse
~Ice Beam
~Destiny Bond

Vanilluxe level 39
~Ice Beam
~Signal Beam
~Flash Cannon
~Water Pulse

Beartic level 41@Liechi Berry
~Superpower
~Ice Punch
~Aqua Jet
~Endure

Quotes:

Before: "I see you have gotten through my puzzles. Well, that's certainly COOL.... What, don't like ice puns? Maybe you'll like this, then!"
Super Effective: "Well, that wasn't very NICE.."
Last pokemon: "You have yet to experience the true power of the arctic!"
Weak last Pokemon: "Oh, now that is just COLD."
Loses: "I feel like I've melted.."

Rematch Team:

Walrein
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Froslass
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Water Pulse
~Destiny Bond

Vanilluxe
~Ice Beam
~Signal Beam
~Flash Cannon
~Water Pulse

Abomasnow
~Wood Hammer
~Ice Punch
~Ice Shard
~Earthquake

Dewgong
~Signal Beam
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Body Slam

Beartic@Liechi Berry
~Superpower
~Ice Punch
~Aqua Jet
~Endure

jjg35

Shiny Hunter

I'd be a ground gym leader. My team would be:

450.png

Level 34
-Crunch
-Yawn
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake

323.png

Level 34
-Curse
-Lava Plume
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

260.png

Level 36
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Take Down
-Earthquake

330.png

Level 38 (if lance can have a level 50 Dragonite, I can have a level 38 Flygon)
-Faint Attack
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake

I'd obviously give out Earthquake as a TM to winners. I'd probably be the sixth gym leader, maybe seven depending on how strong the region is.

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer

Pineapple X said:
Sheodon said:

That's actually quite a cool idea. Ditto and Grimer in the 1st gym ftw! :3

Ditto is in the "Ditto Group", because it's compatible with everything breeding-wise. Other than that, yeah, a lots of interesting concepts could be created by this method.

ii defy

Aspiring Trainer

You have to realize this game is targeted for a pretty young audience. The gyms are easy but that's why the most recent games offered a challenge mode (though it's stupid that you have to beat black 2 first).

The gyms in recent years have gotten a bit more challenging though still easy. For example: my haxorus swept drayden w/o taking damage. My Serperior swept Marlon w/o reaching red bar.
But I had difficulty with Burgh because my starter was at a disadvantage and Clay's high att and def pokemon made it hard for me to even survive without using 1-2 potions.

The gyms could be harder if the teams had more dual-types that didn't share weaknesses, for example, Volkner gets swept by ground-types but Juan has more team diversity so you'll be forced to switch at least once (Kingdra can wall electric and grass-types)

I think adding in "Difficulty" levels for gyms would be a good idea. For example you could just go through the gym like normal with a puzzle etc. but get a flat amount of money and a TM. If you chose a harder difficulty then depending on the gym you would be hindered but earn more money, a item related to the gym or even a better TM. One way to do this would be to inflict special conditions on pokemon before the battle i.e Poisoned, Burned or maybe even Stealth rocks or a party limit. (Just something I would like to see)

At the very least I'd hope the gym leaders would use moves their pokemon can learn that have a type advantage on you more often.Which relates back to what sky pillar said.

Drohn

Wild War Dance

If I were a Gym leader I would create several challenges.

The first would be a Storm with wind and water to overcome. You have to make it to the end of the Gym while being faced with water that can flush you away (to different paths to make it more difficult, or backwards) and wind that blows you backwards. At the end the challenger will face my Gyarados.

On the second level the challenger has to find his way through a Forrest, cut his way through trees and swing on vines. If the challenger makes it through, he is faced with my Sceptile.

The last level is a Volcano. The user has to make it through, while avoiding lava that comes out. Being hit by Lava will inflict a burn on your Pokémon and make them lose HP. At the end,my strongest Pokémon awaits: Charizard.

The challenger will be judged on how he finds his way through, and his battle style (since beating me is impossible muwhaha).

PikaTheGreat

Aspiring Trainer

Type: Dragon
Team: Druddigon, Fraxure, Zweilous, Haxorus, Deino, Hydreigon.
Back up team: Altaria, Garchomp, Druddigon, Hydreigon, Flygon, Dragonite.
Gym: Like a normal gym you would play in PE.

phenom98

charizard rules!

I would be a fire pokemon leader!
My team would consist of;
Charizard lv. 50 -flamethrower, fly, steel wing, and heat wave.
Houndoom lv. 48 - flamethrower, crunch, iron tail, and foul play.
Arcanine lv. 49 - flamethrower, extreme speed, sunny day, and solarbeam.
Ninetails lv. 50 - flamethrower, confuse ray, dig, and solarbeam.

The challenger would get the TM for flamethrower and the maze would be that they have to have at least one fire pokemon. And it would surf on the lava to get to the gym leader! (It would be close to a cave with fire pokemon in it!)

Chandelure

Aspiring Trainer

I always thought it would be cool for one person to be a gym leader for two gyms.

7th gym would be Steel

Steelix X2 lvl 42
Lucario lvl 43
Bisharp lvl 46

8th gym would be dark
Weavile lvl 45
Drapion lvl 44
Krookodile lvl 46
Bisharp lvl 46

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer

Had Pokemon been real I would try to become a bug gym leader with Heracross as my main Pokemon. I would also throw in Volcarona and some other bugs, maybe Forretress and Scizor :)

Gym description: My gym would have been located in a town famous for its bug Pokemon and forrests. The gym would be a dark lighted forest with tall trees, flowers and a small pond. The trainers would be some hikers standing on the forest floor and some tree climbers rappelling from above. I myself would be standing next to the pond fishing for.... fish.

Strategy: Use moves such as spikes and stealth rock to begin with. Later I would boost up my Pokemon's stats with either Quiver Dance or Swords Dance. I would Baton Pass a Quiver Dance over to Heracross via Masquerain and start attacking.

How I would act: I would be a gym leader that wouldn't easily give away a badge. When meeting new challengers I would have been cocky, but upon defeat I would realize that I have been defeated by a better trainer and give away the PincherBadge without question, congratulating the victorious challenger.

TM given out to winners: Bug Buzz
Badge name: Pincher badge

Considering myself as a 8th gym leader my team would consist of:

Forretress (LVL 40)
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Protect
-Gyro ball

Volcarona (LVL 41)
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-U-turn
-Roost

Scizor (LVL 40)
-Swords dance
-Bug bite
-Quick attack
-U-turn

Masquerain (LVL 41) <---- I have a crush on him :)
-Quiver Dance
-Baton pass
-Bug Buzz
-Aerial Ace

Heracross (LVL 43)
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

I've been playing Crystal lately so the levels of the Pokemon are based upon Clair's.

Some cheesy quotes also:
Begin: Welcome to the haven of bugs! I'm the gym leader of ________. I use bug Pokemon. They are strong willed Pokemon that never accepts loosing. Think you can beat them?

After 2nd Pokemon: Don't you get cocky yet! I've only shown a small piece of my power!

Last Pokemon: You will never win! The real fight begins now!

Defeat: I sense that you are a Pokemon trainer raising your Pokemon with love and care. Though it's hard to admit I must say that you are a better trainer than me. Take this Pincher badge as a prize of this magnificent battle. "Player received Pincher bagdge from jungletoad". All Pokemon will now obey you without question. I also want you to take this technical machine as a reminder of this battle. "Received TM?? from Jungletoad". It contains the move Bug buzz. It's my own personal favourite and it will strike your opponents with power and fear. I will also wish you good luck on your remaining steps to the Pokemon league. May the odds be ever in your favour"(had to throw that in :p)

Hikari Vantas

Aspiring Trainer

Dark type guy leader (。◕‿◕。)

~Umberon Lv 36
Faint Attack, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack, Dark Pulse

~Zoroark Lv 34
Night slash, Torment, Foul play, Faint attack

~Houndoom Lv 33
Dark Pulse, Fire Fang, Bite, Ember

~Mightyena Lv 33
Dark Pulse, Assurance, Bite, Swagger

Tm: Dark Pulse

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫
RE: Describe what kind of a Gym Leader would you be

If you're just posting a list of Pokemon and not saying much else, you're spamming. Lets see more people describing how your gym would be run, what kind of gym leader you would be (and how you would act). Would you have a certain strategy? How would your gym look? Where would it be located? etc etc. Consider the broader picture and please no lists unless you're actually describing something.