Pokemon What is your Favorite Ultra Beast?

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Definitely Kartana. Love the design. Probably one of the only UB's I actually like the design of.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I love a lot of them. Nihilego, Pheromosa, Kartana, Blacephalon...

I'd have to pick Pheromosa though, I love it's design, and I am amazed by the design of its Ultra Space.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Poiple! It's tiny, adorable, has a wicked evolution, and the name just really amuses me. Poiple sounds like a funny way of sayin' Purple. I'm easily amused; stop judging me.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I'll be the minority here and say Celesteela. It's a Moon exclusive which I think ties nicely into the theme of "Celestial", being from Ultra Space and its name clearly being a play on that. I love the sound of its cry and just its design in general. The name is really clever and fun to say, and its shiny form makes me think of a wedding dress. Celesteela is beautiful.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I think Kartana has a really fetching design. Also, it's got high attack, beast boost, and just what it needs to be successful.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Pheromosa is my personal fave, with Kartana at second. She looks regal and has that vibe that she's powerful and graceful at the same time. She kinda reminds me of Meloetta to an extent.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Though it's classified as Legendary, I believe the games (and anime) mention that Cosmog is a type of Ultra Beast. Going by that, Cosmoem would be my favorite. It's actually one of my top 6 favorite designs this Generation and one that I had planned on using before learning of its Legendary status (I'm not too keen on using Legendaries these days).

Cosmog line aside, I'm leaning toward Kartana. Its tiny size is just adorable!

Last edited:

Sheimeix

Aspiring Trainer
Celesteela, by far. I think they're all cool, but Celesteela is based on one of my favorite Japanese folk legends, that of the lunar princess Kaguya and the bamboo cutter (hence the bamboo design). She's also based on a Japanese lunar orbiter SELENE (aptly nicknamed Kaguya) hence the rocket arms. And who can forget, her Japanese name sounds absolutely badass- tekkaguya (tekka(gunfire)/tekko(steel)+ Kaguya (moon princess)).

She's also got the strongest Heavy Slam in the game, due to her being tied with Cosmoem for the title of heaviest Pokemon at a whopping 2204.4 lbs/999.9kg. Even after using Autotomize, she still outweighs most Pokemon, so the power of Heavy Slam is still ginormous with +2 towards Speed.

That being said, I'm a little upset that her GX card is as disappointing as it is. Her regular attack (1 steel 2 colorless for 30+30 for each energy in the retreat cost) will be doing all of your damage, although probably not much. It hits Gardevoir's weakness, but that only reaches 180 without a CB. It hits Golisopod-GX for 120 and Zoroark-GX for 90, which is okay, but not worth risking 2 prizes over IMO. And the GX attack does hit hard, but Town Map effect could be pretty much anything else and I'd be happy.

Finally... I think she has a cute smile (`・//ω//・´)

$

(Edit: replaced an instance of 'disappointed' with 'upset' because the sentence seemed redundant)

Last edited:

Aspiring Trainer
Probably Buzzwole or Guzzlord due to their Bizzare designs, something you wouldn't see fit to look like a Pokemon.

Plus, that after-apocalypic section through one of the wormholes was quite chilling.

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
Design wise, I really like Buzzwole. It has an interesting design and concept, which is pretty original. I loved the cutscene in Pokemon Sun where Buzzwole and Tapu Koko are about to duke it out in front of Hala. That was cool (even though I was hoping to see all the Tapu fight an Ultra Beast). I am sad to see it not get a lot of competitive play in the VG circuit, but kind of glad it is looking decent in TCG.

I still need to beat Pokemon UltraSun to see if I will love Naganadel. That Ultra Beast has an amazing design and I feel like I would like it. I love dragons as much as I love fairies so I am definitely interested.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I like Kartana and Nihilego the most. If I had to choose between the two; I'd lean towards Kartana slightly over Nihilego.