Discussion What is the very best Pokemon TCG set in your opinion?

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Hello PokeBeach-Bums! I have a question for you all. What is the best TCG set in your opinion? It can be for any reason at all; nostalgia, pull rates, good cards, etc. Write your opinion below and I will be happy to like it!:p

PIXELMAGE

My favorite set is DP platinum from 2009. It was a very helpful set for me to use to design a legacy deck I use to love to play at my local league. I just adored Palkia G LV. X! Additionally, it was ubiquitous at my local Wal-Mart when I began to collect Pokemon cards in 2011.

Otaku

The wise fool?
EX: Team Rocket Returns because of timing (I was quite active at League back then, but also somewhat experienced), because I'm still fond of Team Rocket, and because I enjoyed the dual Type cards (even if not used to represent actual Dual Types).

Edit: Oh yeah, and it really was a pretty good set. ;)

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
One of the Delta Species sets, it would take some time to narrow down from there but I so loved the Holon block, and now we sort of have Delta Species again which makes me happy.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Fire Red Leaf Green and Unseen Forces were pretty darn good. Really hard for me to pick between those set. I got SR legendary birds and Pidgeot as well as Lugia ex and Ho-Oh ex.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
My favorite set is Neo Genesis:
  • I love generation 2. It is my favorite gen of all times.
  • I have almost every card of it in 1st edition
  • The GS games were awesome
  • It features my favorite Pokemon Ampharos
Other sets I really like:
  • Unseen Forces (Gen 2 themed)
  • Fire Red & Leaf Green (Nostalgia)

Weavile GX

Nebby!
I really Like Black and White Legendary Treasures. But my favorite would have to be between XY base or sun and moon base.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Boundaries Crossed & Stormfront. Stormfront was chock-full of amazing cards, and Boundaries crossed it just...Ooh, it's good. Maybe it's my nostalgia of the time that I bought BCR packs in, but that set has some sort of amazing sense of wonder to it that's incredibly hard to replicate. It was the first set I got a booster box for, it was what really got me into the game, and it made Landorus one of my favorite Legendaries of all time(Lando/Lucario was my first deck on PTCGO...Ah, the memories...)

SuperTrainerSamYT

Aspiring Trainer
I love Furious Fists. It was when I first got back into the TCG. Plus, my favorite Pokemon, Hawlucha, got an EX and a playable holo! Not to mention I love the battle-themed art:)

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
I love all the diamond and pearl sets although if I had to choose one set that was my favorite I'd pick rising rivals because it had jirachi, flygon, luxray GL and so much more

PIXELMAGE

Boundaries Crossed & Stormfront. Stormfront was chock-full of amazing cards, and Boundaries crossed it just...Ooh, it's good. Maybe it's my nostalgia of the time that I bought BCR packs in, but that set has some sort of amazing sense of wonder to it that's incredibly hard to replicate. It was the first set I got a booster box for, it was what really got me into the game, and it made Landorus one of my favorite Legendaries of all time(Lando/Lucario was my first deck on PTCGO...Ah, the memories...)
I loved Boundaries crossed!That set came with very original and interesting cards.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Recency bias, but I really liked Phantom Forces. Lot of great pokemon (not all of them EXs) and trainers came out of that set.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
It would either go between EX Delta Species because I loved Holon and everything surrounding it and it made probably one of my favourite decks ever (Dragonite DS and Metagross DS) , and because it had Groudon and Kyogre star (and if you couldnt tell by my profile pic theyre two of my six favourite pokemon). Or I would go with EX Dragon Frontiers because of Latios/Latias ex and Rayquaza ex which are three of the others along with Metagross which really had some great cards especially in EX Delta Species

TheRealBro..

For me it has to be good old fossil. The days when you were an absolute boss just because you luckily pulled a holo Aerodactyl. Also the Fossil Slowpoke has to be one of the best artworks ever created. (I even went as far as to buy a 600 euro booster box from this set for nostalgia sake)

Looking back now I would probably choose Neo Destiny because, well, they really put some love into that set. Every card is beautiful!