Pokemon What is the Most Plentiful Pokemon in Your Area?

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Just wondering what everybody gets so sick and tired of running into / what's dominating your radars in your area!

Here in Columbus, Ohio, it's Drowzee! I'll literally run into 30 a day or more. What's yours?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
In central coast Queensland (Australia), we've got a bucketload of Zubat floating around. The Pidgey line would have to be a close second, followed by Weedle.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
In Gloucestershire, UK (or at least the area I live in) most everything seems to consist of Zubat, Pidgey and Weedle. (there are a fair few Eevee around as well)

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
I'm in Chicago. My neighborhood has the usual Pidgey, Weedle, and Ratatta, plus a bunch of Drowzee and Psyduck near a pond.

I'm very lucky to have a Charmander spawn a couple blocks from my apartment - I caught four there the other day in a span of about 10 minutes! Slowly working my way toward that Charizard...

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
In southeast Michigan the Pokémon I see most often are Rattata, Weedle, Pidgey and Drowzee. Sometimes I'll have 6 Drowzee on the nearby menu at one time. I've stopped encountering Rattata and Pidgey to save my poke balls.

After those the next most common pokemon are Caterpie, Eevee, Spearow and Venonat.

Pretty much every other Pokémon in the game either don't spawn or spawn once or twice and that's it.

Celever

Wheeeee~
In Gloucestershire, UK (or at least the area I live in) most everything seems to consist of Zubat, Pidgey and Weedle. (there are a fair few Eevee around as well)
In my area of Gloucestershire UK (and the area where my school is, which is another town) it's fairly different. Seems like in the south there's more boring stuff like Rattata and Caterpie. However, we also have plenty of Eevee and an unnatural number of Drowzee. There's a fair amount of diversity too, like when you venture into a more rural area there are a lot of Venonat, whereas in the middle of towns you see the occasional Koffing. It's neat to see the Pokémon actually appearing in their natural habitats reasonably effectively.

It's worth noting that more interesting and stronger Pokémon appear as you progress in levels. The basic Pokémon seem to be similar everywhere, but once you start being able to fight gyms you get more evolutions and stronger Pokémon, and I'm sure that diversity will come into play more and encourage traveling.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
It is quite different. In Israel, when I am at one city, there are lots of Zubats and Pidgeys. In my parents home, there are lots of Zubats as well, and also some Growlithes.
However, when I'm at work, I keep finding Sandshrews, Cubones and Rhyhorns.

Up until now I haven't found any Caterpie, and I only saw one Weedle.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
In my area of Gloucestershire UK (and the area where my school is, which is another town) it's fairly different. Seems like in the south there's more boring stuff like Rattata and Caterpie. However, we also have plenty of Eevee and an unnatural number of Drowzee. There's a fair amount of diversity too, like when you venture into a more rural area there are a lot of Venonat, whereas in the middle of towns you see the occasional Koffing. It's neat to see the Pokémon actually appearing in their natural habitats reasonably effectively.

It's worth noting that more interesting and stronger Pokémon appear as you progress in levels. The basic Pokémon seem to be similar everywhere, but once you start being able to fight gyms you get more evolutions and stronger Pokémon, and I'm sure that diversity will come into play more and encourage traveling.

I see a few Caterpie around, but I've never seen any Drowzee around town. I have seen a couple Gastly and Venonat though.
(although I am only level two so that could be why most everything is pretty basic)

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I'm currently at level 11, here's a list of the pokemon I've seen from most to least

Pidgey: 35
Weedle: 28
Eevee: 21
Rattata: 21
Drowzee: 16
Caterpie: 13
Spearow: 12
Venonat: 11
Cloyster: 9
Oddish: 7
Kakuna: 6
Pidgeotto: 5
Paras: 5
Zubat: 4
Poliwag: 4
Squirtle: 3
Metapod: 3
Bellsprout: 3
Nidoran (M): 3
Jigglypuff: 3
Psyduck: 3
Magikarp: 3
Gastly: 2
Pidgeot: 2 (1 Evolved and the other was an encounter, I wasted like 40 poke balls, not from it breaking out, only about 5 actually hit the bird. Most of them just kind of fell out of my hand onto the ground. I eventually just ran it was so bad.)
Nidoran (F): 2
Krabby: 2
Koffing: 2
Horsea: 2
Goldeen: 2
Staryu: 2 (One fled and the second hatched from an egg today)
Scyther: 2
Jynx: 1
Tauros: 1
Slowpoke: 1
Seel: 1
Fearow: 1
Venomoth: 1
Meowth: 1
Mankey: 1
Haunter: 1
Hypno: 1
Vaporeon: 1 (Evolved)
Jolteon: 1 (Evolved)
Gloom: 1 (Evolved)
Raticate: 1 (Evolved)
Beedrill: 1 (Evolved)

I'm kind of surprised the Nidoran and the Magikarp's are so rare. I heard you get great balls at level 12, maybe Rattata and Venonat stop spawning at level 12 as well, would love to see a Bulbasaur or a Sandshrew.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I just got the game last night (came out in the afternoon but it took a few hours before the servers cleared up enough for me to sign up), and I'm still stuck with a knee injury so I haven't caught any Pokémon yet outside of my house, but the immediate area here is filled with nothing but Water-type Pokémon! I guess it makes sense living in a city with hundreds of canals. :p

So far, sitting on my couch, I've caught 2 each of Staryu and Magikarp as well as 1 of Horsea, Slowpoke, Poliwag, and Tentacruel.

If only I'd chosen Squirtle for my starter instead of Bulbasaur, I'd have a PokéBeach team. :D

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Unfortunately everywhere I go, it's pretty much largely Pidgey and Rattata. I'm in the St. Lucie and Martin County areas of Florida most of the time.

d22g

Aspiring Trainer
Louisville, KY. In my neighborhood there are Pidgeys, Bulbasaurs and Weedles.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
My friends downloaded the game when we were in my grandma's vacation home, and we found tons of Rattata, Weedle and Pidgey, plus a few Spearow and Paras(ect) and a single Abra and Psyduck, though we saw Magnemite, Zubat and Gastly in the nearby Pokémon.
At home I've caught a couple of Pidgey, a Raticate, an Eevee and a Weedle, and I've seen Paras, Zubat and Venonat as nearby Pokémon.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Forgot to post Mall Of America Pokemon: Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow galore. Zubat, Caterpie, and Drowsee aren't far behind.

Tepig4321

The Very Best Like No One Ever Was
Pidgeys Rattatas Weedles
Caterpies aren't as common as they seem and I cant find Zubats for my life

surge914

Aspiring Trainer
pidgey and rattatas are the first two common ones with nidoran both male and female and eevee are second most common.