Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Mysterious Treasures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ultimate_Ace

Aspiring Trainer
I'm curious to see which expansion set is the best. If this kind of question was already posted, I apologize.

I personally think Stormfront is the best. It has some siiick and broken pokemon. It has the greatest Machamp, Gengar, Gyarados, Dusknoir, Abamasnow, Steelix, Magnezone (metal), and Tyranitar. I may have forgotten some pokemon but that is because it's just that good. It also has some great lv.x's and trainers.

Great Encounters is second just for claydol... and beedrill :D :D

Also I forgot the remake of the original Charizard. that is all nostalgia though.

^No...lol. Sure Tangrowth is good(notice how I picked out the pokemon you were talking about) but not Gengar good.

I also said stormfront.

Gengar
Machamp
T-tar
Gyrados
Sableye
Cherrim
Scizor
Lumineon(good for Machamp/Lumineon/Dusk DP)
Torterra(good for grass speed decks)
Salamance
Bronzong(energy searcher)
Obamasnow(FANTASTIC spreader)
Pokedrawer+
Pokeblower+
Pokehealer+
Champ X
Heatran X
The best Duskull

So yeah, this set is FULL of good cards, most of which are usable.

Platinum is great if you want to get the cards needed for SP Engine.
Stormfront, well just look at the post before mine.

I voted Rising Rivals.
The set had the best lv.x's(Infernape E4 and Luxray Gl) and some of my favorite lv.x's ever(Snorlax and Hippowdon).

I voted SF. It really was a groundbreaking set with fun cards. Definitely was the front of the Platinum storm.

I voted Arceus. Why? It introduces new cards that have been making a huge splash and impact. Expert Belt, Spiritomb, Gengar, Salamence, and Tangrowth Lv.X. In addition, it has the Arceus cards which has stumped many in making a good deck. Plus, these cards will be sticking around the longest.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
I voted Arceus. Why? It introduces new cards that have been making a huge splash and impact. Expert Belt, Spiritomb, Gengar, Salamence, and Tangrowth Lv.X. In addition, it has the Arceus cards which has stumped many in making a good deck. Plus, these cards will be sticking around the longest.

dmaster out.

I totally agree with you. All of the cards you named are newer ideas taht can now work.
Until Arceus, salamence was not a good deck.
Tangrowth by itself was not so hot either.

ECT.

Next to Arceus I think Rising Rivals was pretty good.
It had Luxray GL Lv X which is still a hot card. It had Flygon Lv X which is equally good.
And as we all know, the Flygon decks are dominating in some areas. No RR, no flygon.

Since SF has been thoroughly tested and proven, I voted for it. Still, I am very fond of PA because I think many of the cards have potential and I am looking forward to building an Arceus deck at some point. Also, really like DP-SW on purely aesthetic terms; the whole cards had holofoil (in shows through the text, I mean) and it looked great. I don't know why they stopped doing that... gallade SW looks awesome in the light because of the way the entire card shimmers.

i go for rising rivals .. flygon, luxray GL lv.x, gallade e4 lv.x, beedrill, really cool.

It all depends on what you need. Here's a list of good cards from each set.

Diamond and Pearl: Dusknoir
Mysterious Treassures: Alakazam
Secret Wonders: Gardevoir, Gallade, Weavile, Gardevoir Lv.X, Roseanne's Research, Bebe's Search, Night Maintenance
Great Encounters: Claydol, Palkia Lv.X, Unown G, Beedrill
Majestic Dawn: Call Energy, Unown Q
Legends Awakened: Kingdra, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie Lv.X, Gliscor, Gliscor Lv.X
Stormfront: Luxury Ball, Gengar, Machamp, Machamp Lv.X, Poké-Drawer+, Gyarados, Sableye
Platinum: Galactic Engine, Dialga G Lv.X, Palkia G Lv.X, Blaziken, Broken Time-Space
Rising Rivals: Flygon, Flygon Lv.X, Luxray GL Lv.X, Infernape 4 Lv.X, Beedrill, Nidoqueen
Supreme Victors: Blaziken FB Lv.X, Garchomp C Lv.X, Relicanth, VS Seeker, Garchomp
Arceus: Expert Belt, Spiritomb, Salamence Lv.X, Gengar, Gengar Lv.X, Luxray

Those were the ones on the top of my head, maybe I forgot something. Hope it helped!

You forgot Rare Candy in Great Encounters. That's is for sure a good card. Don't forget Majestic Dawn has the Leafeon Lv X and Glaceon Lv X. Those are still decent.
Supreme Victors also has Absol G and Absol G Lv X. They can be decent if played right.

SF has Dusknoir which is a good card. I believe there was an NM in DP, you can't forget Infernape in DP, Magmortar Lv.X and its SW form are good too.

Back