What Hobbies Do You Have Besides Pokémon?

hunter994x

Boss Salamence
What other hobbies do you have besides Pokemon? For me, two of them would be Lego and collecting die-cast cars. I'm a big car guy though all that technical stuff confuses me.

Maximinn

Aspiring Trainer
For me, my primary hobby is professional wrestling. I've been training for about 3 years and made my debut a year and a half ago. The amount of time that takes up is the reason I don't play nearly as much Pokemon as I'd like.

I've always liked the idea of collecting Lego but it's just so expensive and space consuming!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
There are a lot of other video games besides Pokémon that I enjoy (big ones being Fire Emblem, Zelda, Ace Attorney, and a few old RPG series like Lunar and Golden Sun), and I'm also both a voracious reader and writer, with occasional dabbling in art. I do also enjoy building sets (including Lego, but also Nanoblocks and LaQ), though they're expensive, so that's kind of an occasional thing.

Imposter Oak

Totally Legit Pokemon Expert
I'm an encyclopedia of video game knowledge. I spend an awful lot of my spare time reading and watching videos about obscure video game history.

I also have an upstart little indie studio I'm getting off the ground, but that's barely worth mentioning right now as it's still in the pretty early stages.

Ysmir

Retired Mod
I spend a lot of time looking up weather models, radar, forecasts etc because I love to photograph and film Lightning storms. I'd say one of my main hobbies is photography I focus on storms as mentioned but I take pictures of many things mostly nature or landscapes. Occasionally I'll also go downtown or to a square and get some nice photos. I also love to read with particular interests in High Fantasy novels and historical texts (Anything to do with History I get pretty excited about). I also write a lot when I am able to and it usually is the fantasy genre in worlds of my own making. One day perhaps it won't be just a hobby but we will see.

Sleepy

Aspiring Trainer
School takes up a lot of my time since I have to commute 50 minutes both ways (Yeah, in high school :() and I'm in the IB program, which just eats up even more time. However, when I'm not busy with school, I enjoy slowly learning MTG in addition to the Pokemon TCG. I also spend copious amounts of time playing all types of video games with Heroes of the Storm being my go-to game right now. Other than that, I: help out around the land since I have a lot of animals; I'm working on finishing my pilots license; I adore my friends and love hanging out with them when I can; and lastly, I enjoy reading and writing, anything from science fiction to history to just about anything!

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
  • school (college yay)
  • programming
  • video and sound editing
  • streaming (just started by heyo)
  • gaming
  • cooking
  • doodling comics and stick figure shenanigans
I honestly don't play Pokemon that much anymore. It's a shame.

hunter994x

Boss Salamence
It's nice to see what you all are interested in.

For me, my primary hobby is professional wrestling. I've been training for about 3 years and made my debut a year and a half ago. The amount of time that takes up is the reason I don't play nearly as much Pokemon as I'd like.

I've always liked the idea of collecting Lego but it's just so expensive and space consuming!

I can understand. I need another box or two before I can get another Lego set. It's definitely expensive and space consuming, but it's a very fun hobby.

Maximinn

Aspiring Trainer
It's nice to see what you all are interested in.

I can understand. I need another box or two before I can get another Lego set. It's definitely expensive and space consuming, but it's a very fun hobby.

A lot of guys at my work collect Lego. Their desks are COVERED in models. There's barely room for their keyboard :D

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
- Drawing (should hop on that more soon... too many things these days keeping me distracted/tired ;n; )
- Comics
- Gaming (Yea all geek over here)
- Cosplaying (when I'm able to get to cons anyway... hoping for anime north 2016! )

Can't really think of anything. I was gonna say swimming but I think we all like swimming.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
I don't really play Pokemon that much anymore.

I do enjoy reading practically anything, but what I like doing the most is arguing. And before you start talking about unhealthy obsessions, let me explain what I mean. I like matching minds about anything and discuss a matter as deeply as possible. And there's nothing more efficient than arguing about it with someone.

MegaMagnezone

Aspiring Trainer
My other hobbies besides Pokemon are:
Reading ( I absolutely love reading, particularly comedy books and very long stories like Ken Follett´s The Pillars of the Earth)
Playing other video games: mostly jump and run like Super Mario Galaxy and RPGs like Dragon Quest
Meeting my friends and talking about all sorts of things.

MrIronGolem27

Primal Dialga!
1. Viola (I've been playing for 5 years and have gotten high seats in several county/state-wide orchestras)
2. Mathematics (I've studied extracirricular mathematics for 9 years and have receieved high ranks in several national math competitions)
3. Chess (I quit playing because I couldn't find any good players in real life)
4. Thought experiments (my brain seems to be divided into "memory slots"; any thought seems to not be bothered by the existence of other thoughts but can't take up more than one "slot" so I'm always thinking about random junk...)
5. Star Wars! (I don't like Star Trek...ha...Spock...)
6. Minecraft!
7. Tutoring random people at my school with their homework (everyone comes to me for this...I'm getting too old for this...)
8. LEGOs (before my dad broke a thousand-brick set)
9. Eating (at my age, it doesn't hurt)
10. Reading
11. Watching random science documentaries
12. Biking as far away from home as I possibly can

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
  • My biggest hobby is cooking. When I'm not at work cooking, I'm at home cooking and trying new things. It's a great way to express myself and relieve any stress. At the moment, I have a bookcase full of cookbooks and enough cooking utensils to fight a horde of zombies. >o
  • I used to have a collection of wine and scotch, but that hobby kind of took a life of its own kek.
  • Whenever we find time, my friends and I like to have a game night where we'll throw money on the table and compete against each other. Usual shenanigans include Street Fighter, Melee, Mario Kart, Poker, NBA 2K, Mortal Kombat, pickup basketball, and a few other things. This used to be a weekly occurrence, but it's kind of died down due to how busy we all are.
  • Watching, following, and sometimes playing sports. My biggest obsession is basketball, but I do like to watch other sports depending on the importance of the event.
  • I'll sometimes do art stuff outside of food.

DreamingMunna

Zzz
Besides playing Pokemon, I love other video games. (Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Mario games, Zelda games, Phoenix Wright, Persona)
I also ride a skateboard, and love biking.
I try to travel as much as possible, I have friends/family up and down California. Too bad none of them play Pokemon tho...

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
  • Cooking, I love being surrounded by all my pans and stuff and I really enjoy experimenting with different things
  • Music (Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga and Marina & The Diamonds are my faves)
  • Whilst I've yet to actually make one, I enjoy designing various cosplays. (I'm currently working on a masculine Scarlet Witch, hopefully ready by mid June-July)
  • Whilst it's not a regular occurrence (due to money, travel and whoever's playing) I really enjoy going to concerts.
  • I'm also a pretty big fan of Drag Queens, and I'm actually participating in one this month.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
I've always had a passion for reading and writing, which I love integrating into my love for Pokemon, haha. Some other hobbies include theatre and comedy, travelling, and in the past few years I've gotten really into cake/cupcake decorating!

~Psychic

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I enjoy LEGO (and we've got a huge collection :O) and love graphic design. And drawing. I also like mathematics. Oh, and chess. I can do that pretty well too.

Now if I was to ramble on about things I /dont/ like doing, then we may be here for a long, long time...

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Web programming is the main thing I do outside of Pokemon. It can be frustrating at times, but very rewarding when you build something from the ground up and it works.