What Happens to Lysandre's Trump Card After it Was Banned?

HEZ

Aspiring Trainer
It's not really a big deal is it? What happens to FA Fossil Researcher after it was always rubbish?
It's all good news to U150 players, they get to fill decks with cheap full art Trump Cards now, I know I am! :3

Hellcat

Outlaw Trainer
I always ran at least 2 trump cards in my deck, it never hurt in the least. Plus, night march was extremely popular at my league at the time. Now that they're banned, I just collect the full arts. Sure, I've got a couple reverse holo just for kicks. But I'll definitely trade for them fancy full arts. I've got 7 so far. My friend keep asking why I hoard all the weird cards lmao

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think they do this to some cards because there is already a new card out there that does the same thing but has a new name to the card new pic on the card and the card description may read differently but it does the same thing. In all aspects if there IS a new card called something else that the older one did they technically remove or ban the older cards. Just like with the old PokeBall cards. They banned those but made newer versions later. When they redesign a card the remove that card from the current play format but that does not mean you can't use it in other types of play as I said in an earlier post.:)

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I think they do this to some cards because there is already a new card out there that does the same thing but has a new name to the card new pic on the card and the card description may read differently but it does the same thing. In all aspects if there IS a new card called something else that the older one did they technically remove or ban the older cards. Just like with the old PokeBall cards. They banned those but made newer versions later. When they redesign a card the remove that card from the current play format but that does not mean you can't use it in other types of play as I said in an earlier post.:)

PokeBall was never banned and you can still use the old art work for cards if it has the same text and name. An example something you can't use even if it has the same effect juniper and sycamore you can not run juniper in standard but can run sycamore.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
So even the Jungle art Pokeball cards from 13 years ago are still useable? I thought they banned the old cards when the new ones came out because they are no longer being printed regularly like the new cards are now. Hmm I wonder why I thought that. Thanks.:)

Hellcat

Outlaw Trainer
So even the Jungle art Pokeball cards from 13 years ago are still useable? I thought they banned the old cards when the new ones came out because they are no longer being printed regularly like the new cards are now. Hmm I wonder why I thought that. Thanks.:)

If I can get away with using an older style card, I most definitely will. A good example of this is switch. It was printed in the base set and I still see a lot of people using the original base set version in place of the most current version. Pokeball is no exception, it's printed with the same effect as the most current one.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer

one card I think this doesn't work is base set computer search because the ruling was changed so you can't run base set computer search because the one from the plasma erra was different but you can use it to proxie computer search or its just nice for non-competitive play just like (cough cough trump card).

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah I know some cards they do ban even if the new card is slightly different from the old card but not all cards like that get banned every time but as I said some older card they do ban if they make a better updated version of the old card(s).:)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I know some cards they do ban even if the new card is slightly different from the old card but not all cards like that get banned every time but as I said some older card they do ban if they make a better updated version of the old card(s).:)

Like, error cards such as Charizard(PLS)(Expanded)???

FYI, in the case of a select few old cards that have same same, and no wording and/or mechanic change, you can still get away with using the old version of the respective card in tourneys once the new card becomes tourney-legal... Check here for examples for standard cards...