What Happens to Lysandre's Trump Card After it Was Banned?

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Hello,guys. We know that the Trump Card was banned few months ago,due to its unfair play in TCG,and until now,if you opened PHF(Phantom Forces) boosters, sometimes that card was still there once you pull it.
So,what are you going to do,as a player of a collector if you pulled a Banned Lysandre's Trump Card,normal or a full art one?
Pls. share your opinion on this.

Me, I trade it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Actually I bought a Full Art of Lysandre's Trump Card after it was banned. It looks nice in my collection, it would be a shame to discard it.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Well from a collector's point there is a point to having at least one full art and/or reverse holo version. Perhaps a regular one as well.

Beyond that I have no idea either. I have a second full art one that really has no purpose whatsoever now. Not that it really had one before hand since I rarely play, but I probably wouldn't be able to sell/trade it now. Not for anything important anyway.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
If pulled in PTCGO, you can still use it in Unlimited... Other than that, it's nothing more than a collector's item, as it cannot be used in other environments... :(

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I know @MyLittleKeldeo has a few FAs torn up in his binder. I say for every card they ban which they've been good with save the rarest version of it possible because in a few years way too many will be put in recycling and thus they'll be worth a bit more then they were when they were released.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Me again,if I own 2 or more of that,I trade it to others. I don't know why that card is Included in the set pulls.

Empoleon_master

Me again,if I own 2 or more of that,I trade it to others. I don't know why that card is Included in the set pulls.
It was released before it was banned, it was only banned after way too many decks just laughed at the opponent having energy on the field (since they abused hammers to no end) and many, many other cruel ways.
TLDR they banned it after it got abused and the packs that were printed still have them as they were made before the ban.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
It was released before it was banned, it was only banned after way too many decks just laughed at the opponent having energy on the field (since they abused hammers to no end) and many, many other cruel ways.
TLDR they banned it after it got abused and the packs that were printed still have them as they were made before the ban.

To go off of this. The reasoning behind the ban is because they say Lysandre's Trump Card was banned is because it caused one method of beating your opponent to be nulled out which was by decking your opponent out because all you had to do is simply play Lysandre's Trump Card when they were out of cards to play and start fresh.

Empoleon_master

To go off of this. The reasoning behind the ban is because they say Lysandre's Trump Card was banned is because it caused one method of beating your opponent to be nulled out which was by decking your opponent out because all you had to do is simply play Lysandre's Trump Card when they were out of cards to play and start fresh.
This is true I also once used it against a new player who was being helped by more experienced players to have him ko my mega which I kept using aromatise and max potion on but nto atacking just to see if he could ko me. Let's just say everyone laughed and hated me for a while during that game after the 20th time I used LST, lol.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach

I don't buy this as being a reason for the ban. They were well aware the card demolished a win condition when the idea was conceived.

Empoleon_master

I don't buy this as being a reason for the ban. They were well aware the card demolished a win condition when the idea was conceived.
The real reason was that once people realized the power of it the things that did the best at states and other things were this:
Seismitoad with hammers
Seismitoad with hammers and Swampert PLC with Archie's
Seismitoad with hammers and Tasting Slurpuff
Seismitoad with hammers with another kind of draw support
Seismitoad with hammers and another way to make you die a little inside each turn
Seismitoad with hammers and Crawdaunt
Oh and Eggcxecutor existed too.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
I was the victim of the Trump Card,since I use it, I feel that this card makes an unfair play. I feel relief when it is banned.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
The effects of Trump Card still linger. Phantom Forces was created with Trump Card in mind. When Trump gets pulled, the cards build around it still exist. These cards were never made to be in a format without Trump Card, which is why a ban is always lose-lose. What's worse is Trump Card was a massive game changing card, not just some troublesome Pokemon. Battle Compressor in particular is a card I doubt would exist in it's current form if Trump Card was never printed.

PCL should have a huge poster of Lysandre's Trump Card hanging on the wall as a reminder to thoroughly test ideas before they hit the printers.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I think the main reason that lysandres trump card was banned was that it had battle compressor/vs seeker if you could only run it like an ace spec (because I know I only ran 1 and I know other did two) and not get it out of the discard or send it to the lost zone I feel like it could have been a little more balanced anyway I had one version of FA trump card but I traded it because from a players stand point its no longer viable so its useless but to a collector its worth at least something because they have a nice FA card in their collection.

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
rowan, who won junior worlds, bought a playset of full arts after it was banned

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Guys just because it was banned from tournament play DOES NOT mean you can't use it in your own private fun play. Just because a card is banned from tournament or public play does not EVER mean you can never use the card for private or friend matches.:)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
When I used Trump Card, it was only used to help with plays in my deck. It was never the main play. I also didn't play a toxic deck so the card was rather tame in my deck but cards like toad, laser, hammers and other toxic cards just made it unbearable to deal with.

I don't think Trump Card was the problem but I think allowing XY cards to be played with BW cards was the real issue, since the game went downhill when BW was released.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
When I used Trump Card, it was only used to help with plays in my deck. It was never the main play. I also didn't play a toxic deck so the card was rather tame in my deck but cards like toad, laser, hammers and other toxic cards just made it unbearable to deal with.

I don't think Trump Card was the problem but I think allowing XY cards to be played with BW cards was the real issue, since the game went downhill when BW was released.

The real issue other than Toad was the introduction of shaymin ex when roaring skies was legal for the first major tournament people had 5 min turns and just trump carded the discard pile back in when they went through half their deck and with so many card like acro bike and trainers mail you can mill your self no problem.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
The real issue other than Toad was the introduction of shaymin ex when roaring skies was legal for the first major tournament people had 5 min turns and just trump carded the discard pile back in when they went through half their deck and with so many card like acro bike and trainers mail you can mill your self no problem.

True. card design is the real problem here but I think it was that way just so cards could compete with the BW series of cards. We got reprints of some of them and other stupid card effects.