What grade would this get?

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Hey guys I have this Suicune Gold Star which I want to get graded, but im not sure if it is in good enough condition to get a good grade. I was wondering what you guys think it would get if I got it graded by the PSA. Thanks once again.
Front:
http://www.photoshop.com/users/Titansfan24/assets/a3e06c24aa214f93b7d54d0082fd6c08
Back:
http://www.photoshop.com/users/Titansfan24/assets/d1bac01f9a56432dac314c6520f249a7

First off, if you want us to evaluate a card, you should try and give us super clear images. Your's are a bit fuzzy :/

From what I can tell, you'd probably get a 9 seeing as there are a few little nicks along the bottom on the back.

The pictures are kind of too blurry to get a good idea of the condition of the card. What is it that you think would stop the card from getting a good grade? Any scratches or creases? All I can spot from the photos is some edge wear and small scratches that are visible from the back. If that's all, it's probably somewhere in the NM category.

Daelum said:
First off, if you want us to evaluate a card, you should try and give us super clear images. Your's are a bit fuzzy :/

From what I can tell, you'd probably get a 9 seeing as there are a few little nicks along the bottom on the back.

It is worth getting grading if its a 9?

Artemis said:
The pictures are kind of too blurry to get a good idea of the condition of the card. What is it that you think would stop the card from getting a good grade? Any scratches or creases? All I can spot from the photos is some edge wear and small scratches that are visible from the back. If that's all, it's probably somewhere in the NM category.

it doesn't have any scratches or creases. It just has a little bit at edgewear at the back towards the bottom. I will try to get better pictures. I was taking these pictures from my phone and it doesn't take good pictures.

Are you trying to sell it? If so, then a 9 is worth it. An 8 or lower, in my opinion, would not be though.

The images are a bit blurry but if the front is flawless as you say then it is likely a PSA 9. If that's the case, I'd have to agree with Daelum and say it is worth grading as a PSA 9 is still Mint. Keep in mind, however, that PSA grading fees are steep for sending in just a single card. You are looking at spending $17 on the actual service and then an additional $25-30 on shipping both ways. If you have other cards you plan on having graded then you can send them all at once at a discounted price. You'd be able to choose their bulk service and then, of course, save on shipping as well. Alternatively, a membership with PSA will grant you a voucher for a specific amount of free submissions depending on the subscription you purchase. In some cases, this can be much more cost effective.

SoulWind said:
The images are a bit blurry but if the front is flawless as you say then it is likely a PSA 9. If that's the case, I'd have to agree with Daelum and say it is worth grading as a PSA 9 is still Mint. Keep in mind, however, that PSA grading fees are steep for sending in just a single card. You are looking at spending $17 on the actual service and then an additional $25-30 on shipping both ways. If you have other cards you plan on having graded then you can send them all at once at a discounted price. You'd be able to choose their bulk service and then, of course, save on shipping as well. Alternatively, a membership with PSA will grant you a voucher for a specific amount of free submissions depending on the subscription you purchase. In some cases, this can be much more cost effective.

I just looked into it, I didn't know PSA was such a rip off.

From Canada it would cost 40$ for return shipping for 1 card?!? LMAO.

No wonder people grade with other companies, I am not gonna pay $60+ to grade a card, that's ludicrous.

I find it even funnier that they don't allow you to drop off the cards to get graded or pick them up. I have a friend who lives near them and it would be so easy to send cards to friend for 5$, grade for 17$, send back for 5$.

Total cost: 27$
Total cost through PSA: $60+

What a bunch of dirt bags...

bagoly14 said:
I find it even funnier that they don't allow you to drop off the cards to get graded or pick them up.

That's what I do...

MrGatr said:
You cheater... It's more fun to ship them :p

I use my dad as my shipping service. I still get the same experience of sending my cards off, and coming home to a brown box of wonder :p

Daelum said:
MrGatr said:
You cheater... It's more fun to ship them :p

I use my dad as my shipping service. I still get the same experience of sending my cards off, and coming home to a brown box of wonder :p

Wait, so they do allow drop off and pickup!?!

bagoly14 said:
Daelum said:

Wait, so they do allow drop off and pickup!?!

They do, but from what I understand, it's on specific days only or during events.

Daelum would be able to better answer that question. :p

SoulWind said:

So its like $50 just to get one card graded? How much more money do you think I could get if I got it graded, and it was a 9?

MountainDrew said:
SoulWind said:

So its like $50 just to get one card graded? How much more money do you think I could get if I got it graded, and it was a 9?

Not 50$ more. PSA 10 worth it, PSA <9 not worth it.

Back