Discussion What Evolution Lines and Individual Cards would you include in your cube?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Recently I read the Cube Root (https://www.pokebeach.com/2016/06/the-cube-root)and I found it quite inspiring as I have recently designed a mutant cube balanced for XY and earlier using cards in my collection. My cube is only a small one at 360 cards plus 20 basic energy of each type, and it will probably need serious rebalancing, but considering that it’s a first time effort, I’m rather proud of the achievement. I only needed one proxy! Anyways, the article has me thinking about card choices (for my cube) and even evolution lines (for if I design an all new cube of a non-mutant nature). Does anyone have idea or recommendations they wish to share?

There are two cards in the article, Neo Genesis Sneasel and EX Sandstorm Dunsparce, that have been reprinted in Celestial Storm with increased HP and the same attacks (although Sneasel’s damage output has been increased to thirty damage per heads). I actually own both. Thought that info might be helpful since the new versions are basically the same, have more up-to-date HP (and in Sneasel’s case attack power) and are considerably cheaper.
P.S. Sneasel would make a great alternate attacker in Expanded Format Eternatus VMAX. Especially with trick coin or Glimwood Tangle.

Last edited:

In terms of strategy ideas not mentioned in The Cube Root or Primer to successful cube drafting, I think Weezing is a strong candidate for a Stage 1 Evolution Line, with Team Plasma’s Weezing from Plasma Storm for milling and spread, Weezing from Fates Collide for Milling, Weezing from Unbroken Bonds for Spread, and Galarian Weezing from Rebel Clash for ability lock (control) and for poison based strategies. Plenty of options for Koffong. Not all Weezings rely on self-destruct attacks, and as the four Weezing above prove, many have great potential, especially in Spread or Mill. There are still other options out there if you want to capitalize on different strategies.

Is there an existing forum page or category where people who appreciate this topic would be more likely to see it? I’m disappointed by the lack of responses and am curious where I should post this sort of thread in order to get the type of feedback I’m looking for as well as being able to help people with the same interest in cubes.